Zane Darklight's Perseus Application [Denied]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by DarkMaster215, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMaster215

DarkMaster215 New Member

BYOND Key: DarkMaster215
    IC Name: Zane Darklight
    PICK THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 125, 316, 208
    HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? No, I have not.
    HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: No, I have never been banned from this server.
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: It would be going onto about seven years now. Started playing when I first joined BYOND.WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: Using it responsibly and setting an example for those that you are in charge of.
    HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: Occasionally, if my internet decides to be a good boy.
    OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: Six, I sometimes screw up, I'm bad in close quarters, I'm good at aiming and predicting weaving patterns in resisting targets.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: Xenomorphs are bad, they should be killed when sighted, but always with backup.
    WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: A peace-keeping force that is not meant to abuse their weaponry.
    ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:
    *You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: Detain the clown so the person can put their jumpsuit back on and confiscate said banana peel.
    *You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: Call for backup and stun the xenomorph with a flashbang, beating it mercilessly when backup has arrived.
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: Remove the prisoner from within reach of the head of security and remind the Head of Security that authority is no excuse for excessive force. If he/she permits then I would stun them, cuff them to a chair and let the captain handle it.
  2. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

I'd really appreciate if you could format your application into two different colors. One for the questions, one for the answers.
  3. I dont know how Dark works in a team or how he plays security, but I can say hes a good guy IC and helps alot.
  4. DarkMaster215

DarkMaster215 New Member

Sorry about that, fixed it, and I left out something:
    My skype is blademaster316
  5. Tomtoot

Tomtoot Active Member

So from what I can see, the application looks a bit bare, you should take a look at other accepted applications and add a bit more, otherwise the answers seem alright.
    Last round, I was watching you over cameras, so I did not get a detailed view, but what I could see was that you definetly could do with more communication, for example when HOS asked security to report in, you didn't respond, you need to be communicating with your security team as much as possible, and with prisoners.

Despite this I do see that you want to improve, and that is a very good quality, I am neutral for now, and I will keep an eye on you, hoping you can improve from feedback given here :)
    Draden Kamikaze likes this.
  6. Happy to see you put an app in since you had been playing with the idea in OOC. I got an opportunity to watch you last round as well. My take right now...

Good:
    - You seem to be a really friendly and nice player both OOC and IC from my interactions with you.
    - You appeared ethical and non-abusive as sec. You were concerned with getting a victim in crit to medbay, so you are appropriately interested in preserving life. You also weren't a dick to prisoners and tried to be reasonable and polite and not overcharge.
    - Tying in to what I wrote above, on the communication end I saw really good prisoner interaction.

Things to improve upon:
    - As Tomtoot mentioned, make more use of your sec radio channel. Keep in touch with your team and let them know what is going on on your end on a regular basis.
    - You appeared a bit differential, timidly disagreeing with the HoP when he ordered a prisoner permabrigged, and then relenting immediately when the warden told you to follow orders. If you think that an order is wrong, you should put your case forward as to why (note that in this particular instance I could see both sides of this debate and the permabrigging wasn't totally out of line, so it's not like you allowed yourself to be compelled to violate space law or server rules). I get that from an RP perspective you were a "grunt" and that having just put in a Perseus app you might not have wanted to rock the boat. ;)
    - You died because you ran around in the dark near a hull breach until collapsing from O2 deprivation...in deadchat you recognized that this was an "oops" moment. Robustness is less important than doing the right thing, but try to work on officer safety and situational awareness.
    - The application is quite short, although I have to give you credit in that none of the answers are bad and you didn't make any of the errors on the app that many applicants make.

On balance I can't immediately lend you support, however I do think you have the right attitude and are very promising if you play more security and try to work on some of the things mentioned. We'll be sure to keep an eye on you and I hope to see you in red some more.
  7. Stingray540

Stingray540 LS13 Admin

From a round just now: After I broke into security and stole some sec items from an open locker, a manhunt for me was triggered. After speaking to the Warden I agreed to surrender. Upon doing so, you took me in for a brigging. You completely messed up putting me in the cell by : Fully stripping me while bucklecuffed to the bed, not setting time before putting me in the cell, and not putting any of my things in the locker. You also left all of the sec equipment in my bag, of which I stole. Not looking good so far.
    Tomtoot and Flatoftheblade like this.
  8. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

I've seen Zane Darklight around a lot, playing as a pretty good security officer. I may have had falling outs with him, but overall I can say he is definitely a good security officer overall.
    Just one thing, I wouldn't handcuff and buckle the HoS to a chair, especially if he's acting shitty. I mean, that gives him intent to walk down the hallway, see you standing there alone, beat the shit out of you with a stunbaton and say you had an esword, no questions asked.
    Other than that, support.
  9. Are you still around and interested in Perseus?

Thought I'd bump this app and remind people it exists, as it's been gathering dust for two months.
  10. DarkMaster215

DarkMaster215 New Member

Yes, I'm still interested, I just couldn't get on BYOND for a while as my priorities prevented me from being able to play, also had problems loading resources on a slow laptop.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  11. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

This application is denied, in part due to flaws in the original post.

This is not a *hard* denial, though. Please consider reapplying after three months, be sure to include a link to this thread, and a note about what's wrong with your original post, if you spot it.

You're right to prioritize other things, like real life-presumably, over the game. Being able to seek balance speaks well of your judgement. And we've all had to deal with computer problems, so you have our sympathies there as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.