Archived Xeno-Gib Removal

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by PistolPete, Apr 15, 2015.

1. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

One of the issues with xenomorphs is that as soon as a chestburster kills the player, all equipment they had is lost due to the gibbing process. This makes it even harder to fight xenos as there's generally no equipment left over to fight with.

What I would recommend is implementing the Colonial Marines Server style of chestbursting. It kills the player, but leaves the dead body.

Being able to reclaim items would be a large boon to playing against xenos. Depending on the round type, it would even aid antags, so they could reclaim things like the CE's boots, the Captain's laser and the like.
  2. Wuuufles

Wuuufles Active Member

Would the corpse be clonable?
  3. SPLEEN MCQUEEN

SPLEEN MCQUEEN Active Member

as far as my knowledge of how spooky scarys work in this game no, you can only inhabit your most recent body i think
  4. Wuuufles

Wuuufles Active Member

I'm wondering more for the sake of bringing people back into the round as the human they were and denying them xeno fun.
  5. PistolPete

Not everyone has to be a xeno. Plus, you don't have to rejoin the round and accept your cloning.
  6. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

I'm not against it really, I mean I would head immediately over to genetics and destroy the console very fast and take over the science department.
    JPR likes this.
  7. PistolPete

There's plenty of ways to play it.
  8. Stingray540

Stingray540 LS13 Admin

I'd say yes - since it the chestbursting only selects a random ghost, there is a chance that the player being bursted is not chosen. Being allowed to be cloned still allows the player to remain in the round, more fun for everyone.
  9. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Sounds good to me, like the idea to add a little more depth to xenos making them want to take out a service.
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

OOH! Could we HUSK them instead of gib?
  11. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I would like the chest bursting thing as well.

They should be clonable as well seeing as your brain isn't in your chest and that's what is required for cloning.
    PistolPete likes this.
  12. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

It should still destroy jumpsuit and exosuit, though.
    Felix Feufer likes this.
  13. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

One time, I was an alien, and then I was cloned from backup and it worked. (The alien character became braindead)
  14. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

15. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Would love to have this implemented. Chest-bursting on colonial marines looks cool.
    General_Battier likes this.