[Withdrawn] Escalation's 2nd Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by that escalated quickly, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basic Information:

Byond Account: Well that escalated quickly
    Character Name(s): Johnny Highland, Vladimir Whiteman
    AI Name(s): Carl, Diablo, Satan, Stalin
    Have you ever used a different BYOND key on our server? If so what was it and why: Yes, Obevles. I switched because I was young when I was active on that thus there is a bad record on it. I also hated the name with a passion.
    Timezone: Mountain Time
    Active hours: Week days: 6:00am-7:50am and 5:00pm-10:00pm Weekends 8:00am-11:00pm

Experience:

Are you familiar with LS13's rules? I am completely familiar with the rules.
    How long have you played SS13? 4ish years.
    How long have you played LS13? 2ish years
    How much do you know about SS13 (/tg/ build) game mechanics? I know a lot about the (/tg/ build) we use.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator for SS13? No, I do not.
    Do you have any experience as an administrator on anything else? I was an admin for a minecraft server.
    If yes, what did you have to do do? I had to do standard Minecraft things, prevent havoc and make sure everyone is having fun.
    Have you ever worked in a team before?Yes I have.
    What are the qualities of a successful team? The qualities of a successful team are people who work well together. Everyone needs to at least like each other and they need to all be willing to work towards the team's goal.

Personality:

Why do you play SS13?:I play SS13 because I love the challenge it gives my brain.
    Why do you play LS13?:I play LS13 because I love the community and it has some of the best game play. It doesn't always lag and I can always count on having a fun shift.
    What do administrators do?:Admins keep everything from going into chaos. They need to be there to keep the community stable and not full of people who want to destroy it.
    Why do you want to be an administrator?:I want to be an admin because I wanna join that work force that keeps the station not in ruin. I've always wanted to and I figured might as well give it a shot.
    What qualities make a good administrator?:A good admin has to be flexible. He/she needs to be able to take an insult or two and keep their cool to solve a situation.
    What qualities make a bad administrator?: A bad admin cannot take an insult, they feel offended and take their "wrath" out on people.
    What are your strengths? My strengths include being pretty smart, I can be flexible (as I volunteer on suicide hotlines), and I can be an overall nice and kind person.
    What are your weaknesses? I can get frustrated kinda easily but it's usually not much, a determination that can be a downfall, and I can get mood shifty at times.
    How do you overcome these weaknesses? I remind myself I'm in reality and there's nothing I can do to change it.
    How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I handle stress, anger, and insults very well. Usually doesn't phase my working process.

Open Response:

Please answer each question with at least three sentences.

You're administrating on the server when you get an ahelp that Player A has been griefed by Player B. You open the attack logs and see that player B has hit player A many times with an oxygen tank putting them into critical. What do you do from here? Why did you choose to take that course of action?

I first go and make sure I understand Player A's story and I proceed to talk to Player B. I ask them why they did it and I make sure they are/aren't an antag. I give them a warning and/or a standard ban if one is meant to be in place. If not they get their serious warning and I make sure they don't do anything else to mess up the fun for others.

You're in a debate with a fellow administrator in the admin chat. You're pushing for an idea that you feel passionate about, but they keep shooting your idea down at every turn and the disappointment/anger is rising. How do you handle this?

I first cool myself down by turning on some calm music or something, then start my discussion. I explain both the Pros and Cons of my idea to try to convince. If my attempts fail over and over I'd go ahead and drop it. If they don't like it so be it, everyone can have their own opinion.

What does it mean to be an administrator for our server?

To be an admin for LS13, I see it as my ultimate opportunity to be apart of the community I've grown to love. I wanna help with the well oiled machine of the station to make sure everyone can have fun. I often find myself playing when there are no admins on so grief and mayhem are everywhere. If I was an admin I could take action and help those who need it.

Which is more important for a community: rules or principles? Why?

I think a principle is more important for a community. A rule has a specific role in specific situations, but a principle can be general and cover multiple areas. It's like taking a rule and stretching it and making it better.

Additional Comments:

http://www.llagaming.net/forums/threads/denied-escalations-1st-admin-application.2953/
    Here is my 1st application
  2. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

You started playing SS13 when you were nine? Jeez.

As for your past BYOND keys, you forgot to mention FramedApollo.

I've seen you once in game (And that was today.) and twice in OOC chat.

The OOC name you use is very confusing. (As I mentioned in OOC today.)

You are pretty young, and not much time has gone by since your last application. What has changed about you since your last application?
    Mabblies likes this.
  3. I forgot that framed apollo never actually existed xD, but I have greatly improved my speech skills and I can elaborate things much better. During the time from then to now I have volunteered for various things that require being able to elaborate things well.
  4. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

5. Spades Slick

Spades Slick LS13 Admin

I would say beef this app up a bit, It seems alittle lacking as for the timing with a new App I think its been a sufficient enough time.
    You do seem rather young but, We have had some young admins on the team before hand.

Two suggestions I can make on this app would be tho to Beef it up a bit, Add in a different color for your answers.
  6. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Great to see you're still keen to become an administrator. One suggestion from your previous application was to involve yourself in the community a bit more, demonstrating communication skills, what steps have you taken to show that to the community?
  7. Ok I need this application closed. Personal affairs are causing me to lose a house for a while so no internet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.