Wellington's Application for Apprenticeship {92}

Discussion in 'Project Lead Apprenticeship (CLOSED)' started by WellingtonTheThird, Feb 3, 2015.

1. TheJuicyFruit

TheJuicyFruit Well-Known Member

Wellington is an amazing admin, and leader. When I was an admin I felt wellington was an ideal headmin(deputy but I went to him with all my headmin needs, and trust me, I'm not low maintenance). He's patient, understanding, thorough, and just an outstanding guy. In short,

Yespls.
    WellingtonTheThird and Kegsey like this.
  2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

LLA has been good to me over the years aND bad to me on some occasions, but even when the bad things happen I always come back, and there are many reasons for that. There are good people behind the wheel, and they do their best to make the game fun.

Wellington and Flavored are the two I think of when I think LLA Admins. They are both reasonable, helpful, and they do their jobs well. Above all, they are both generally cool people.

As for Wellington specifically, he is very kind and he handles even the worst cases I've seen as a professional does. Even when I get ornery (and boy do i) he ensures that all parties are satisfied and that everyone understands what is happening.

Long story short, people like Don and Wellington are the reason I enjoy this community so much. I believe it is only right that if anyone should be working with the server by Don's side, it should be Wellington. I simply do not see any competition.
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I had my doubts at first but after talking to you about them everything was cleared up. To be honest if i had to chose a project lead, i would pick zombie. I know that isn't really a choice i get to make though.

As I've said elsewhere at any moment you could become the Project Lead, and as history shows this position has been known to burn the user our completely to the point where they cannot even touch ss13 anymore. Do you feel this might happen to you?
    WellingtonTheThird likes this.
  4. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

I can't say I won't get burned out on playing the game because I run that risk as a regular player, but I can say I feel I've worked out a good system to help me stay active on the server with regular breaks of a day or so. Even when I take a break from playing on the server for a day or two I still check the Skype network and contribute elsewhere. As it stands even with the time I've put in I do still love playing the game even after becoming Senior/Deputy. I don't feel like I'll be burned out on the game as long as I take breaks from the actual game every once in a while.

As a side note I'd like to thank everyone once again for all their comments and support. You folks are great.
    Devon, PepsiBlueFan and Jayce Wise like this.
  5. Seems like the obvious choice. Active, capable, professional, involved with the community, mostly good relations with both the playerbase and staff, and he has put in his dues.
  6. Benblu

Benblu Firstest

Welli is a pretty cool guy in my book.
    11/10 if not apprenticed i will light myself on fire all round everyround
  7. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

Everything Flat said. I can't wait to see you as Game Master.
  8. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Hire this man already! (no offense to the other candidates, but Wellington haz street cred)
  9. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

10. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

I hadn't realized that I hadn't posted in here yet, however at this point I honestly believe that just about everything that needs to have been said has been said. I have worked with Wellington for a while now, and I can honestly say that he is the most qualified man for the position. There are many things which are considered rare on the internet, and people who are just plain good are one of them. Wellington is one of those people who is just a good guy to be around. Full support, for what it's worth.
  11. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

Out of the current three applicants I'd have to say wellington takes the pick. Sure seems qualified, seeing as he is a senior administrator and also deputy. Full support.
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Everyone else gave good reasons, and I can't think of others.
    +1
  13. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Wellington,

Of the current candidates, I believe you're the front runner for this. Of anyone in the community, I would believe that you have the correct temperament for this position.

You are, barring Cactus, one of the more active admins I have seen. My interactions with you have been with you as an admin, a player, a superior, and as a friend.

During my interactions with you, I have found you to be not only pleasant to deal with, but fair and forgiving. As an admin, I can count on you getting both sides of a story before passing judgement, and passing fair judgement at that.

As a player, I could never complain about your actions. We've played countless rounds together, in differing positions. I like your temperament, and you know when to flip the switch to go do work.

As your superior in Perseus, I have nary a complaint. You accept missions and get them done. You take criticism well, when it's offered, taking into account what you can get better at.

Working with you in committees, I would be happier if you provided more guidance on issues, leading to more prioritization of resources. I'm not sure if that's part of your responsibilities in the chats that I am involved with you in, but I would like to hear you pipe up more in them as befitting to your rank and title.

The last comment leads me to ask these questions,

1. "If you were to receive this position, and later on the title of project lead, what is the glidepath you would set LLA on?"
    2. "What are the projects you would prioritize and what projects would you put on the backburner?"
  14. WellingtonTheThird

1.) I want to see LLA remain the place it has always been for me where a large group of friends play games in an enjoyable and tolerant environment. As for LS13 I have no particular boat-rocking plans, but I'd like to see more elaborate projects that make LS13 a more unique experience from the TG build.
    2.) Well, our coders work on bugs and balance primarily and that is good. The ones that contribute new content generally produce smaller solo projects (e.g., new items) that are relatively small whereas I'd prefer to see larger projects (e.g., game modes, game mechanics, syndicate factions) worked on first then have additions added to compliment the new features. So I feel the smaller solo projects could be put on hold for a bit to create something awesome in an organized team effort, but bugs and balance always take priority.
  15. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Wellington knows what hes doing and that's a lot more than I can say, honk.

+1 Definitely the smart choice.
  16. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

If you were to become project lead, would there be large changes in the operation of LLA, or would business continue as normal?

What do you think LLA could improve on?
    WellingtonTheThird and IMVader like this.
  17. WellingtonTheThird

An excellent set of questions.

As it stands LS13 is the largest and most successful facet of LLA because of the foundation laid down by the previous directors (DZ and Lone) so the machine is already assembled and we just need someone to keep it oiled and occasionally add new bells and whistles to it.

With the unofficial content team we've put together there have been great results, but I feel that official efforts need to be made to organize coders, spriters, and mappers for larger projects instead of solely receiving content from the solo missions by Cactus, Raptor, and others (not to knock their efforts at all) so that LS13 can prosper even more.

I think that LLA can be improved by focusing on our individuality and distinguishing ourselves in our build of SS13. If we properly coordinate our efforts I fully believe that we could develop game modes and mechanics that would be found desirable amongst other servers on the hub and the SS13 community as a whole.
    Rannek17, LemonSoup, IMVader and 4 others like this.