Well I finally managed to find my spine and publish one of my stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mord_Sith, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Mord_Sith

Mord_Sith Well-Known Member

For those who know the history of my stories they know I've been dragging my heels on this for the better part of four years, largely because my first pick for a cover artist flat out refused the work.

So about two weeks ago I finally said "to hell with it" and picked one at relative random rather than humming and haaing as I have for the past four years.

Long story short, after a chain of referrals and some thematic explanation, and a few hundred dollars poorer, I have finally put the first (and arguably shortest) Daral story into print.

https://www.lulu.com/shop/hubert-hughes/daral-outrider/paperback/product-22131656.html

Based on how well this one does will pave the way for getting some of the others professionally edited and rolled out.

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to everyone here for your support, even if ya don't remember providing it! ;)
  2. O-Oh my, I might pick up one myself~
  3. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Is your name Hubert Hughes? Or is that the silliest pen name i have ever seen.
  4. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Not sure if you realize you may have just called his real name "silly"

Regardless, Congrats dude!
    Eluxor likes this.
  5. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

It's silly on the basis that if you can pick any name you picked that one. If you had a choice of everyone calling you BigJohnson McAwsome why would you pick Puny McSucks. Also i think that is the name of the weird old dude on family guy
  6. Mord_Sith

It's the name of my 2d spaceman I've used on this server for the last 10 years, and figured it was only fitting I'd use the spessman name as this was the first forum I started writing on in any fictional sense?

Iunno, maybe I'm just a foolish sentimental bastard?
  7. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

It's good for a 2d spessman.

And don't you usually play as CE?
  8. AquaDraco

AquaDraco Active Member

Daral finally lives? Been what... five years since you first decided to publish?

Well done, Mordy. :)
  9. Mord_Sith

Yeah, and four since the edit AD ;)

I usually play as some kind of medical / robo / R&D, but rarely a head other than HoP