Upcoming rule rewrite, Administrator Code of Conduct and 'FAQ'

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Taicho, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I am talking about those not so rare cases when players have confirmed themselves to not be antagonists or plain animals.

This is a place of wonder and delight where rules "could" be changed.
  2. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

It's probably better that I stop cluttering the thread debating/explaining these things since they plan to rewrite it all anyway, but please feel free to keep discussing what I've said.
  3. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Not at all, you are being informative. Keep it up.
    kadingir likes this.
  4. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

If you put on Sydincate gear and or / Turn your self into a animal ( Sline / Monkey / ECT).

If you're in sydincate gear and say you aint one without metagameing the person would not know if that is true or not.

If you're a Slime ( as much as R&D fuck up) people will ( Includeing myself ) think it's a escaped slime.

Why if i had a penny for every time i found a slime outside of xenobiolgy (that aint a player) I would be rich.

If you're a monkey as much as R&D and Medical run around with Infected, ..... I mean Normal Monkeys no one will be able to tell if it's a player or not as both of them move around and if you talk you chirp the same as a npc monkey.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  5. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

I just wanna make it known that although Taicho and I will not directly respond to every suggestion in this thread we /are/ reading it often and taking notes on the suggestions.
    Legato_frio likes this.
  6. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Willington any idea when the full list of new rules will be out?
  7. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

At this time there is not an ETA as to when they will be finished as we're not setting a deadline for quality assurance reasons. I can say that we have our rough draft outlined and we've got several notes to work with. As for how we're approaching this we're analyzing our current rules, TG's rules, and various supplementary sources like this threads. This does not mean we'll take any of TG's rules directly, but it helps to use another successful model as a point of reference.

We're going to maintain the ideals LLA was founded upon. These ideals are acceptance, intention, and freedom.

Acceptance: We want our community to be accepting and tolerable of any person regardless of race, age, religious affiliation or similar matters. People should be judged based off of their objectively bad qualities and actions. It is for this reason that things such as ERP will never be allowed because of our consideration of age and we do not tolerate trolling or flaming.

Intention: We want our administrators to discern a player's intention over their actions that way legitimately good players are not punished and bad players can either reform or get out.

Freedom: When I say freedom I don't mean absolute freedom or there would be no rules. It means holding to the ideals of a light RP server in that players should perform their job to some extent, but we won't enforce a standard of roleplaying or define who your character is or how they should behave within reason. You are allowed to be a jerk. You are allowed to be so nice that you can't bring yourself to kill someone even as an antagonist. You define your character and we affect their actions as minimally as possible, but some definition to their action is required for there to be order within the server.

These are the qualities that we believe allow people to be truly liberated.

Liberty is defined as "the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views."

We have rules and we have order, but we will never allow our players or server to be oppressed and that is why we're Liberty's Last Army because of how vehemently we will fight to the end to assure that these ideals do not die out.
  8. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

I've seen a certain pattern in the adminless reports in forum: they all get closed with "this has been dealt with", but not stating if the reported attitude was or not legit. Should we assume that anything "dealt with" was wrong and should not be repeated?
    kadingir likes this.
  9. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

This is actually a really good point, and I think it's quite similar to the issue of responding to adminhelps with 'legit'. Generally speaking, whoever deals with the report will make it quite clear if the player at hand was not, in fact, at fault. 'Dealt with' in itself is used to imply that the individual in question was approached and some form of action was taken against them without directly mentioning what that action taken was. Honestly, this isn't something you should need to assume, but should probably just be clear in what we mean.

I'll address this in the Administrator CoC. Thanks for mentioning it.
  10. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

Few questions:
    What happens when someone gets permabanned?

What happens when someone gets unpermabanned?

How do you determine if he should be repermabaned if he breaks the rules?

Why is probation policy no longer enforced, as Cactus claims?
    When you get unpermabanned, do admins take notes from before the permaban in consideration when dealing with them, or do they start as a "fresh" player?

If the probation policy should be enforced, why do none of the admins do anything about it?
    If he has the long ban history after the permaban, why do these players still get 1-3 day ban and warns?
    Why do We need to be in the bad light when he breaks the rules repeatedly, and joins the very next day to do it again?
    kadingir likes this.
  11. Jester5093

Jester5093 Member

I think cactus meant that their probation period is up, and not in question in this case, and not that probation is a part of the matrix, and inherently not real. I have been known to be wrong though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.