OTHER The Traitor Trials

Discussion in 'Tales From Liberty Space!' started by Flahhh Personson, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Flahhh Personson

Flahhh Personson Well-Known Member

I've heard the term 'valid hunter' thrown around a lot, recently. Mainly in the context of rage, and partially from myself. I wish to conduct an experiment on this, to collect some empirical evidence on how long it takes for valids to be hunted.

As such, I have devised a small trial. Whenever I receive a non-teamwork oriented antagonist role, I will immediately confess. I will then time how long it takes for various events to occur, and record them here, along with all relevant details.

This has very little actual merit as a study, as it measures nothing important, but I find it interesting and I hope you will as well. If there are any issues, let me know and they will be rectified in time for the next test.

Unless issues are found, I will post results in the following format.

Trial X:

Role:
    Antag role:
    Server population:
    Objectives:

Findings:

Conclusions:

Notes:

And I waited before I posted this for my traitor round.

Trial 1:

Role: Bartender
    Antag role: Traitor
    Server population: 11
    Objectives: Steal jetpack, escape alone

Findings: I confessed to a Security Officer at 5 minutes. At 7 minutes, I was cuffed and the captain had been alerted. The verdict was given to borg me, which was performed at 15 minutes. I had performed no traitorous activities other than confession.

Conclusions: Time for arrest: 2 minutes. Time for death: 10 minutes. I have nothing to compare this to yet, so I cannot draw conclusions.

Notes: None.
  2. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Ok then

Can ling / malf ai / ect be allowed or just straight up traitor.

Edit :

So the round just ended and.

You are aware you have to wait for the round to end right?
  3. Flahhh Personson

Yes, they will be counted, as will wizard and ninja. Nuke ops won't, and xenos would be a LITTLE impractical.

And, ah... yeah, I fucked that up. At least you're the only one who saw?
  4. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

You hope.
    JPR likes this.
  5. Sweedle

Sweedle Active Member

Not sure if you want me to include my experience with Flahhh, the most honest antag, in which he told me I was his target. We ended up waiting for the shuttle to get called, then we dueled, like men (Mostly.) I ended up winning (A true shock for someone as unrobust as myself) but I don't recall the time stamps of the events. Turning himself in can lead to a very interesting, cool situation like that, but it also tends to end up like the first posted round does, instant cyborgization.
  6. Flahhh Personson

Nope. I'm starting it from here, because this is when I started taking notes. 'Sides, because of what SDS said, I'm not entirely sure the first post was valid. Events through the round may have been altered by someone reading this and doing... something... differently. Maybe acting more aggressively towards sec?

And yes, I hope. Why wouldn't I?
  7. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'll be fairly interested in the conclusions from this... research?
  8. Flahhh Personson

Trial 2:

Role: Bartender
    Antag role: Traitor
    Server population: 5
    Objectives: Steal disk, escape alive

Findings: This one's a bit of a tale. Ran up to sec at round start to see the HoS running down to the bridge. Upon following him, yelling for him to wait, he opened fire on me at 2 minutes. I HAVE NOT YET CONFESSED. Sec officer arrives and saves my ass, I confess to him instead at 4 minutes. We move to brig, because that is where the traitors live, and the HoS arrives. I call him out, he starts ranting about being above the law. I have some fun chat logs of this, which I will treasure forever. Cap shows at 13, we chat, muzzle the HoS because at this point he's spouting how we're all nerds with no lives who are getting reported. He takes this rant to /me, so he gets executed at 22 minutes. I am freed after 39 minutes. No-one follows up.

Conclusions: Turns out you don't need to do anything to get hunted. Way longer than last time, though I'm willing to call this an anomalous point.

Notes:

HoS was not an antag. Name redacted for obvious reasons. I have saved the entire chat log and will treasure it for the rest of my days.

[HoS] says, "no to the admins i dont give a shit about rp anymore"
    [HoS] says, "because you obviosuly dont care"
    [HoS] says, "please kill yourself faggot"
    Matthew Stalky says, " Alrigth, he is not going anywhere."

Nikolas Wise says, "Administrators? They're fairly low down in the NT hierachy."
    [HoS] says, "should have shot you eariler"
    [HoS] says, "faggot"
    [HoS] says, "give it back"
    [HoS] says, "i ocmmand you"
    [HoS] says, "i am still hos"
    No incident report is going up, because the only person he attacked was me [a valid target] and I'd be a hypocrite to have a go at someone for OOC in IC.
  9. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

10. You weren't a valid target if you hadn't committed a crime or confessed and there was no confirmation whatsoever that you were an antagonist.
  11. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

All Antags are always legit according to LWS when he was in charge. I disagreed with him at some point but then i agreed with him on the grounds that it just gets way to convoluted to ban someone for killing a traitor.
  12. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

A'ight next time i'm a tratior i'll confess, seems really interesting.
  13. No. People don't get away with grief just because their victim happened to be an antag when they had no way of knowing as much.
    JPR, Sweedle, QuantumWings and 2 others like this.
  14. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

And our current policies state that antagonists are legit when there is evidence supporting it. You cannot just take someone out of the hallway and execute them randomly on the basis that 'oh, they -could- be a traitor'. Either way, this thread is not the place to discuss this.
    Raptor and Jayce Wise like this.
  15. Flahhh Personson

Thanks, Rekiin! Be sure to report your findings (with character name) here! I'll add it to my own in future--IC reputation may have an effect, which would also be fun to measure.

I gave some evidence by trespassing onto the bridge, but Ancient is right. Not the place, not the time.
  16. Yeah, about that...don't hold your breath for any reports from him now.
    Sweedle and JPR like this.
  17. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Atleast they didn't steal my way with talking to the community :/ Anyways, I can still do it on a different server, if I wanted.
  18. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I believe that'd invalidate the experiment, it would pollute the study. Everyone else is doing it on LLA, you're doing it somewhere else where people have different playstyles etc.
  19. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Meh, still worth a shot as a different experiment if possible, seeing how LLA or lets say Goon are different in comparison.
  20. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Clearly indicate it as it's own experiment, and make a new thread, is what I'd suggest.