Implemented /tg/ Drone Port

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Devon, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

No but they have to fix the station thats more than my engi staff does allready.

Hell im lucky if i get them to set up the sing
    Eluxor, Psyentific, IMVader and 2 others like this.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Pls do. I'd like that.
  3. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Do the drones have a set of laws?
  4. daddysds1

Yes there on page one and on the pages i linked
  5. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another Drone.
    2. You may not harm any being, regardless of intent or circumstance.
    3. Your goals are to build, maintain, repair, improve, and power to the best of your abilities, You must never actively work against these goals.
  6. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Can said laws be emagged?
    daddysds1 likes this.
  7. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Hmm. I like the idea of giving them a deconstruct law. Still can't hurt people intentionally, but RCD the station apart LIKE A HORDE OF ANGRY BEAVERS!
  8. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

I'm not 100% sure on what their emag status is, or if Devon added that feature in. (He probably did if it was in there.)
    General_Battier likes this.
  9. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

No. The laws can't be altered. They're effectively out of the game, only just rebuilding the station.

If there's a bomb, they're not allowed to touch it. When it blows up, they repair the hole and restore air and power and go about their way.

They have to retrieve metal to build with. It's not meant to put the player back in the game with any ability to alter the game dynamic.

They can't even defend themselves. They can run away in fulfillment of their laws.
    daddysds1 likes this.
  10. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

NoFaceMan likes this.
  11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Their tech requirement was 2 in data, 4 in bio.
    it was suggested that it be increased as well, but we see too few drones on other servers as is.
    The material requirement was just metal and glass. Honestly I'd be okay with just those two.

Drones are unable to cause harm to the station, but their existence poses risks for grief (like any other additional non-antagonist role would.)
    Their laws can't be changed be changed, as these players are effectively removed from the game. It just gives them something to do aboard the station.
    There is a syndicate variation of the done, but I left it as an admin-only spawn for now.
  12. PistolPete

Law one supersedes law three.

You can't pick and choose. That scenario came straight from the TG wiki.
    IMVader and daddysds1 like this.
  13. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

So you arent allowed to touch anything a human touched before you?
  14. daddysds1

Let me explain.

If a human places a bomb you are not allowed to mess with the bomb.

If a human puts a bag of holding on the ground you are not allowed to move it.

Ect
    IMVader likes this.
  15. PistolPete

Is it getting involved in the matters of another being that's not a drone?
    IMVader likes this.
  16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Ahbahl, if there are issues interpreting the laws, it's a logic flaw on the user's part and they shouldn't be playing any silicon roles, including drones.

The laws are clear cut.

1. Don't get involved in the world of humans, Ariel.
    2. Don't hurt anything. You are Good Guy Greg incarnate.
    3. Is it broken? Fix it. This is your life now.

It's not hard to understand that drones exist outside of the affairs of the station. You exist to repair and maintain. You aren't the hero, so you don't stop the bomb on the floor because the station is not broken.
    When the bomb goes off, you can repair the damage. You no longer care about the death toll, or catching traitors, or helping the clown be funny.
    You fix da broken floor and you leave to find more things to fix.

If a player cannot handle that, then they don't have to play as a drone, is all.
  17. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Well, I interpreted it as "if you see a human doing stuff dont interfere". That would include if someone drops a bomb. But if a drone stumbles upon a bomb and no human is near then wouldnt it fall under law 3? Well, let me use your logic on you. If someone bombs a station then drones arent allowed to repair it cause a human caused it thus triggering law 1?

EDIT:
    main·tain

(mān-tān′)
    tr.v. main·tained, main·tain·ing, main·tains
    1. To keep up or carry on; continue: maintain good relations.
    2. To keep in an existing state; preserve or retain: maintain one's composure.
    3. To keep in a condition of good repair or efficiency: maintain two cars.
    a. To provide for; support: maintain a family.
    b. To keep in existence; sustain: enough food to maintain life.
    5. To defend or hold against criticism or attack: maintained his stand on taxes.
    6. To declare to be true; affirm: maintained her innocence.
    7. To adhere or conform to; keep: maintain a busy schedule.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  18. PistolPete

Nope. You are wrong. By moving it, you involve yourself in the affairs of humans. Let's take the telecoms bombing scenario that occurs pretty often.

No human's around, but it's been placed in a specific spot by that human.

Or maybe it was dropped on accident. Again, you don't touch it. It is in the affairs of humans or xenos or changelings or any other mob type.

It gets trickier when dealing with an antag sided AI and borg who are destroying sections of the station as part of their end game.

Basically, don't touch things that aren't construction materials or hats.
    IMVader and Ahbahl like this.
  19. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Thats what I wanted to hear. Because you said:
    which wouldnt make much sense. That would prevent drones from repairing any bomb stuff. Medbay is for a reason, brig is for a reason, escape is for a reason, bridge is for a reason. Basically anywhere is for a reason. But thats fine by me. I was just confused that you arent allowed to move the bomb but allowed to repair the damage from it.
    IMVader and QuantumWings like this.
  20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You may not interfere in the matters of another entity. You, however, have your own matters to attend to. The bomb is someone else's problem, but the resulting hole is your problem because you exist to repair the station. Maintaining involves getting the power running and such.

The bomb is not your problem. It is obviously linked to a human's intention, and is therefore none of your business.

Once again, don't play them if you can't handle their laws.
    IMVader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.