Syringe Gun Bug Report

Discussion in 'General' started by Destro5000, May 8, 2015.

1. Destro5000

Destro5000 New Member

I was recently putting together a chloral hydrate syringe to put in a syringe gun for self defense purposes as there were people going around randomly attacking others, and I got the syringe into the syringe gun - verified it was loaded, and then put it into my backpack. I decided to check and make sure it was still loaded, and to my surprise, it wasn't. I tried several times more of getting a syringe with varying amounts of liquid in it, and then putting it into my backpack, and every time, it wipes the syringe from the gun. I reported it to the admin LeJack, and I was told to verify it again. I did so, and he told me to report it here - so here we are.

Putting a loaded syringe gun into your backpack voids the syringe every time, in my experience.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Don't mean to send you on a wild goose chase but could you please report it
    here: https://github.com/Spoffy/LLA-Station-13/issues

using this format:
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

There's gotta be something else going on since I've done exactly that dozens of times without issue... We'll discuss it in the github thread when its made. In the mean time I'll try to reproduce it on my own.
  4. Raptorblaze

Reproduction method:
    1. Load syringe into gun
    2. click directly onto the backpack's icon
    3. Examine to see it says 0 are loaded
    Notes:
    • Prevents removal of the syringe (exploit)
    • Any syringe can be loaded into the gun and will then overwrite the syringe already loaded
    • Recommend people playing security contact an admin if they find an empty syringe gun to confirm it was not bugged until we fix this.
    • Original syringe still in contents, but not in the *syringes* list, prevents this being exploited to fire multiple syringes.
    • Original syringe can still be fired, but not if a new one is added. Weird, but it makes it less of a problem at least...
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  5. Destro5000

Destro5000 New Member

Raptorblaze likes this.
  6. Raptorblaze

In the short term, you can avoid it by opening the backpack first and clicking it in there, or by clicking E