Implemented Style: Bluecurity Dress Uniforms

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Psyentific, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pull request: https://github.com/Spoffy/LLA-Station-13/pull/300

Security has these very nice dress shirt and blue pants alt. uniforms. Previously, they were only available by ordering them from Cargo. Now they spawn in HoS/Warden lockers, Security lockers, and Sec Wardrobes

Note that the relevant jackets were *not* included in these lockers; The jackets are unarmored and cannot hold gear on the suit storage, so I assumed nobody would want them. Also they look kinda meh.
    Also note that the probability checks for Camopants/Mil.Jacket in Security Wardrobes have been removed; They will now always have one of each, with a 30% chance for another. Nobody's ~*style*~ should be left in the hands of an RNG
    IMVader and kadingir like this.
  2. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Mailman outfit is still way more dapper.
    Anyway, nice, finally something for shitcurity to wear that will really show all the blood stains.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

sure do it, but I'm not going to wear a beret when I can use a helmet
    QuantumWings likes this.
  4. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

the dress is white and gold
  5. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

These white and gold outfits are cool, but useless because the station is never, ever at Code Green.

With that said, I love useless shit and totally support this.
  6. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

No. No. No. No. No.
    I HATE when security doesn't wear their colours, sec wears red for a reason, it's to be easily identified. I don't want security dressing up as lawyer-esque mall cops.
  7. Psyentific

Actually, the only mechanical difference between any normal jumpsuit and Security jumpsuits is 10% brute damage reduction. Compare that to Armor's, what, 50%? Especially in a stun-dominant environment, it's a negligable (and easily adjusted) difference.

Edit: Armor vests (and their subtypes Military Jacket, Warden Jacket, Detective armor) all have
    Code:
    armor = list(melee = 50, bullet = 15, laser = 50, energy = 10, bomb = 25, bio = 0, rad = 0) //Flat percentage damage reduction
    By comparison, Security Jumpsuits are melee 10 and everything else zero. By wearing that ugly red pastel thing, you will take nine damage from a harmbaton (as opposed to 10), 14 from a toolbox strike, 36 from an E-sword. Even from an E-sword, that's still three hits to crit either way. I just doublechecked the Security jumpsuit inheritance. Since the Dress Blues are a subtype of the Sec Jumpsuits, they have exactly the same resistances and other properties. There is no functional difference between the pastel-reds you're wearing now and the dressy-blues you see in the OP.
    Then don't wear them :^)
    Look man, I play a Cargonian with terrible taste and even I think the Mailman outfit looks terrible.
    What if you wear a helmet with the dress uniform and armored vest? Stylish and practical!
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I believe i suggested these black and blue dresses back before !OPEN SOURCE! and it was decided by many people that if you wanted these you should just get them from cargo. I'm not sure if opinions have changed since then.
    NoFaceMan and QuantumWings like this.
  9. Psyentific

But if you just get them from a Security Uniform crate you have to go out of your way for it, plus the QM might jew you for 30 points. There's quite a few people who don't even know these things exist.
    NoFaceMan and kadingir like this.
  10. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

My thing: dress uniforms + combat gear is generally a huge no-no. It looks goofy and gets you in trouble most places. Hence the "useless" bit.
    Still support it for those who arpee hard and want to wear their dress blues for whatever for the first two minutes of the round where it's at Code Green on a Monday.
  11. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Me not wearing them isn't the issue.

Having multiple uniforms available for security makes them seem less professional, somewhat like the Perseus winter coat, but to a lesser degree.
  12. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

Honestly I'm not sure how much difference a less professional looking Security Force in our 2D spessman game is going to make. I think they're cute.
    As an aside, these would likely be better added to a clothes vendor or the Sec Vendor to avoid even more right-click clutter in the lockers.
    IMVader and NoFaceMan like this.
  13. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'd prefer one or the other, either throw out red suits for this, or don't add this, having two different uniforms for one job that look so different isn't good imo.
  14. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

We already have people running around in camo pants and armor looking like Bane as Security Officers.

That's one of the only things I dislike about the Sexy Spacemans Updates - I almost shoot or assault Security Officers who decide they need to look fresh.
    Jayce Wise likes this.
  15. Psyentific

THE STYLE IS RISING, BROTHER
    IMVader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.