Stepping Down

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WellingtonTheThird, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Hey, folks.

LS13 has been great and I've been a part of it for about two years now. I've had great times, met some good people, and participated in the awesome project, but now as time wears on I need to focus on my own life and focus less on SS13. I'll still be around in LLA, but I just don't have it in me to contribute any further to LS13.

Take care everyone and thank you for the good times!
  2. Sweedle

Sweedle Active Member

[​IMG]
    I've only been here for a few months, but I could pretty much guarantee that you were doing something to help the server. Sad to see you step down.
  3. Benblu

Benblu Firstest

Yeah, RIP.
    But seriously, you were the one person that always managed to tell me to not murderize some bitch when they tried retarded shit on me.
    For that, i thanks you.
    Headmin of the century.
    WellingtonTheThird likes this.
  4. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

Good work and good luck.
  5. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

[​IMG]
    Good luck with life and stuff, hope you best of luck!
  6. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I'm sadicles...but I understand that theres life stuff and life > vidgams...so like...super goodlucks with that! I believe in you!!!
  7. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Toodles, friend. Good luck n'whatnot.
  8. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

You were a good friend, and a good min. I wish you luck moving forward, and I promise not to accost you excessively!
  9. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

... Why do all the good people leave :(

Well good luck in life and see you around wellington.
  10. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

11. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Who's become the new headmin? :/ anyways its seriously sad to see you go.
  12. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

Now I didn't really expect to return to these forums after I left but after being notified about your departure by a friend I had to come back and say a couple of things.

One of the most sensible and level headed administrators that LLA has ever had.

100% dedicated character who prided himself on his ability to compromise and get the best deal for everybody.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
  13. Keyword22

Keyword22 Well-Known Member

Well.
    I'll always believe you're of the greatest admins I've come across, and a really good friend.
    Seeing you around, friendo.
    like really around
  14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You're one of my favorite people in the community, Wells. This is saddening news. I'll see you around, I'm sure! Take good care of yourself, amigo, thanks for everything you've done.
    WellingtonTheThird and Kainen like this.
  15. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

Good luck, Welly. Sad to see you go but have fun with whatever you do from now!
  16. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

17. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

[​IMG]
    See you around bud. I hope you'll pop your head in every now and again. Thank you for all the help you gave as my right hand man.
  18. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

19. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

[11:34:40 AM] WellingtonTheThird: What's up?
    [11:44:07 AM] Connor (RT)~: Are you happy with LLA or not?
    [11:47:09 AM] WellingtonTheThird: There are things I'm unhappy with when it comes to LS13, but LLA is a community of friends that reaches beyond just SS13.
    [11:47:40 AM] WellingtonTheThird: Like there are certain people that need to be gone, but I don't have good justification to just fire them.
    [11:47:50 AM] WellingtonTheThird: Such as Flavored Cactus.
    [11:48:31 AM] WellingtonTheThird: I've been training Wise to take my place so I can go on to do other things.
    [11:48:59 AM] WellingtonTheThird: Honestly, I don't think LS13 has much left in it and that is what disappoints me the most. It used to be something great and it really is dying out.
    [11:51:48 AM] Connor (RT)~: Okay. This is where my realtalk comes in.
    [11:51:50 AM] WellingtonTheThird: I'm not baselessly whining either just making an observation that we're scarcely getting any players anymore and our regulars are moving on to other things.
    [11:51:57 AM] WellingtonTheThird: Sure, go ahead.
    [11:55:55 AM] Connor (RT)~: In a months time, when Don steps down, Wise and I need to figure out what needs to be changed to see LS13 fit with the current 'gen' of SS13, because frankly Light RP ain't it. If people don't want to be here, I don't really want them to force themselves to be here, or want to deal with it, and I hate this notion you have that you were forced into responsibility which isn't necessarily true.

My point is, if you're unhappy, step down. Prattling on about the falling LS13 and snapping at the people you don't like dealing with can be very easily avoided. If LS13 dies, it dies, but I'd rather people who are eager to change our outlook and fix it give it a try instead of us dragging people who don't want to be here along.
    [11:56:41 AM] WellingtonTheThird: Oh, I am planning on stepping down. I just want things to be good for Wise. As soon as he feels he's ready I'm gone. I don't want to just leave that spot open.
    [11:57:16 AM] Connor (RT)~: No, I know you are. I'm telling you to stop dragging your heels if you're unhappy.

Because I stated that I was unhappy and what I was unhappy with, but was only told to leave. And then I was lied about when friends asked Taicho why.'

http://puu.sh/i2XjM/8b3c904fba.png

"To elaborate on this I snapped at Drad3n a while back with a snark/sarcastic comment about being human when he was complaining that we were doing nothing.
    I told Flavo off a couple times as you know for being so damned dramatic all the time and generally annoying so they're classifying that as "attacking admins"
    I havn't dangled the idea of booting anyone off the team over them.
    I told Drad3n he'd get booted if I ever heard he was leaking logs again.
    I'd made it clear that I was tired of Flavo being on the team, but that I didn't have any reason to kick him. That was to DZ.
    Simply because he causes drama.
    I'll admit fully to my mistakes and it is a bit unfair to detail those things in such a way.
    As for prattling on about LS13 dying, well yes. I did prattle on about that amongst a couple of friends and Flavored Cactus in confidence.
    I told them it felt like the server was dying off and they all mutually agreed that things were rough.
    It was an explanation behind why I wanted to work on another project with them. Flavo had been brought in whilst I slept and I removed him from it.
    He told Connor and quoted me out of context and Connor came to me wanting me to resign if I was unhappy with things and his reasoning for having me step down is that I was, "Attacking admins, dangling firing over them, and prattling on about LS13 dying." "

As I said many times before. I wasn't perfect. I made plenty of mistakes along the way like getting snappy with Drad3n/Flavo or just having a generally down day, but I didn't lie or try to hide it. I told Taicho what I was unhappy with and instead of working to compromise I was told to leave. So much for all the contributions.
    Cody522, QuantumWings, Kainen and 7 others like this.
  20. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

Thank you for giving the full, honest, unclouded explanation of what happened. After other incidents of being kept in the dark, this is a good relief. Take care, pal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.