Space Law

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RebelAmerica, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

I'm sure we can adapt space law so dicks can be handled ICly without putting assistants in jail for 25 MINUTES for breaking in tech storage and staling gloves. The only real problem with TG space law is attacking security isn't punished harshly enough. Assault on officer, posession fo weapons and rioting need a buff in brig timers or be moved to capital crimes, but seriously, five minutes for vandalism? Clown draws on the floor and runs away : 10 MINUTES! Has the mime mask? 15 MINUTES! Slips an officer? 25 MINUTES!
    QuantumWings and Infernus44 like this.
  2. TheJuicyFruit

TheJuicyFruit Well-Known Member

I concur with cactus. If we admins try to teach the less trained security talk before arrests for things like graffiti, we can all get along fine. I think we'll also need to start enforcing cooperation modifiers. They may not have made a serious difference before, but they sure as hell will now.
    Infernus44 likes this.
  3. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

I do believe that should be at the officers discretion, not written down somewhere.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Welcome to ss13 where officers can literally take you of the round for a long amount of time for drawing poo on the ground.
  5. TheDracheX

Then don't draw poo on the ground.
  6. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

You don't see how this is ridiculous?
  7. TheDracheX

*looks at space law and the 5 minute penalty*
    *shakes head*
  8. Mindtrixx

So if clown draws a dwarfface on medbay and a rune in the chapel he deserves 10 minutes? I thought new space law was gonna help with the griefers not add more restrictions to the people trying to have fun.
  9. TheDracheX

[​IMG]

Fun was not part of the deal.
    Infernus44, Black Jack and Mindtrixx like this.
  10. Mindtrixx

Thats what its honestly starting to feel like.
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Honestly i see a major issue with giving the clown 10 minutes for drawing a dwarf face on the ground and then drawing a crayon rune. what is the 10 minutes going to benefit? 10 minutes without graffiti, and 1 pissed off clown who is likely going to admin help and be really upset about having to sit out 10 minutes for NOTHING.
  12. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

So I just noticed this. Permabrigged for breaking into toxins? That's absurd.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  13. Magoca

Magoca LS13 Admin Staff Member

I couldn't see how, no person would have a legitimate reason to just go off and make bombs, therefor only the job assigned to the task would really need to be in there, everyone else would only be there to stir trouble.

But, in light of clowns drawing runes and what-not, perhaps we could add a fifth tier of crimes, under Minor that encompasses all the little, petty crimes. Then give them a time of two minutes or so, that way people will only be getting brigged for as long as they do now, for all the minor annoyances they cause.

(I would also put resisting arrest under these petty crimes, simply so it cannot be abused as heavily)
    Infernus44 likes this.
  14. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

People could stretch "toxins" to cover the whole research area.
    You can also be permabrigged for breaking into the engine room or atmos, even worse.
  15. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

I agree with this. Permabrigging for breaking and entering of a restricted area is definitely absurd.

When someone breaks into Toxins and produces bombs? That's a different story. Permabrigging for that seems far more reasonable. Permabrigging for the simple act of breaking and entering on the other hand is too far.

It seems like people don't take into consideration the impact being Permabrigged has on someone's round, and how utterly common it is for anyone to be in a restricted area in this game. When I play the game, I probably break into at least one restricted area every god damn round. Being permabrigged for that every god damn round would be incredibly awful. It's such an immensely trivial act, and permabrigging for it is a huge over reaction.

Permabrig for acts of extreme sabotage taken place inside of these restricted zones, do not simply permabrig for entering them.
    QuantumWings, Infernus44 and Cody522 like this.
  16. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Engine room I agree with being perma-able, toxins and atmos I do not. and no, toxins could not be stretched to cover all of research. It is one, maybe two, specific rooms.
    Jayce Wise likes this.
  17. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

If you add malicious intent to the law, it may have more sense. For example, if you broke into atmos to get an axe, you get a grand sentance (Or in what ever crime it belongs). But if you break in to mess with pipes, capital crime. Same as engine room and toxins.
    Black Jack likes this.
  18. Magoca

It seems the placement of the Breaking and Entering Law gives some misconception, like I thought it would earlier.

As poorly worded as it is, I believe it states, that it starts as a major crime, and if it can be established that you are entering for malicious intent, such as Grand Theft, or Grand Sabotage, then you are given trip to the prison wing, I believe we should split the Breaking and Entering law into two, one a Major Crime, for simply Breaking and Entering, another a Capital Crime, Breaking and Entering With Malicious intent.

We would have to get a bit more harsh on security from an administrative standpoint, but I think it was established that would be the case with these new laws overall.
    Black Jack likes this.
  19. Theodysseygamer

Theodysseygamer Active Member

Bearing in mind that acts of vandalism are 5 minutes in the brig and 5 minutes more for other acts of vandalism/petty crimes I give you this to think over:
    Windows are made of four glass panes and one grille and when breaking a window pane you will probably be wanting to get through the window (unless you're rioting in which case GG) so to get through the window after you break the first pane which would be 5 minutes you have to break the grille which is vandalism again so that's another 5 minutes and to finally break through you have to break the pane on the other side which is again vandalism and again another 5 minutes so 5+5+5=15 minutes for breaking through a window in which case you will also be charged for breaking and entering (if you enter the room) so that's another ten but that's besides the point, my point being that you could get 15 minutes for breaking through a full window and you can't say shit about it...
    I'll leave you guys to think on that.

EDIT: Another thing I'll leave you guys with is the fact that wardens and the HoS is allowed to laser you through the glass if you attempt to break out, as if sec didn't abuse lethals enough anyway they now get a free pass to do it after a "Verbal warning" which will likely be missed i'm guessing and you'll be lasered straight away.
    What was wrong with the wall flash, cuff/bucklecuff and removal of break out tool method?
    Giving the already shit tier sec we have an excuse to use lethals is just...

Also to everyone saying the new laws will encourage better players to play, what fantasy are you seeing?
    Longer brig times just give the greytiders a bigger excuse to greytide, they already hate getting over five minutes and now that times could go over half an hour, you're going to see some serious rioting break out and because of this the better players will be less likely to play because of the shittery.

Lastly the brig has FOUR holding cells, Its going to need at least eight to ten to facilitate these kinds of times because the brig was designed for short and fast prisoner movement, an in and out process, now you will see prisoners in a waiting line for their turn in the dog house.
  20. Magoca

A window would likely qualify as the whole window, not just the individual bits and pieces, stacking time with each other.

So breaking both pieces of glass, and the grille would count as one window, once case of vandalism, thus five minutes. Anyone who stacks each part of the window, in my opinion, should not be playing security.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.