Some Spacelaw changes that flew under the radar

Discussion in 'General' started by Raptorblaze, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

So awhile back (sometime before September 7th) /tg/ made changes to their space law. Specifically the addition of two new crimes "Insubordination" and "Dereliction of Duty". Since our space law book just linked to their wiki at the time it just changed with it. Then, when Flavo made his wonderful spacelaw guide for our own server, those new crimes got ported in with it since he worked based off the wiki to ensure accuracy.

Naturally this caused some confusion with a couple members of the update team when they stumbled upon these new crimes yesterday that not a lot of people were aware of. I've looked for an announcement on our forums and was unable to locate any. That being the case, I figured it best to inform everyone of these new crimes, per the /tg/ wiki. If you feel strongly regarding these new laws, please create a thread as appropriate in the suggestions forums. Otherwise, please read and be aware so that you can adjust your ingame routines accordingly.

On a side note, this is why relying on someone else's wiki for ingame guides is bad ^.^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    JPR, IMVader and NoFaceMan like this.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I'm fine with these. I think the only thing it'd effect would be CE's (maybe engineers)who don't set up the sing, and sec officers who go rogue. Light roleplay, YAY!:p
  3. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

[​IMG]
    JPR likes this.
  4. Raptorblaze

I might actually start playing CE again, as long as i have an officer. Inb4 all the ban requests for demoting stupid engineers.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  5. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Question: How does the law "Dereliction of Duty" apply to assistants and or chaplain? From what I know -based on play styles- no one as an assistant, ever was an actual "Assistant" for anybody, and the Chaplain just usually leaves.
  6. Raptorblaze

If I remember the chain of command correctly, everyone who isn't a specific department member reports to the HoP.
  7. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

QuantumWings and NoFaceMan like this.
  8. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

You really think people will do that..? They'll just be breaking into Tech storage to get insulated gloves and then raid the armoury from space after hacking into EVA... Point is: I don't think that law can apply to assistants.
  9. Raptorblaze

QuantumWings likes this.
  10. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

5 Months later, when did they add this? Honk.
    You've made me rethink the position for HoP's
    Raptor what are some good examples of Lawful and non-lawful orders? I can accept the current version, but I think the distinction for a lawful order to unlawful would be good.
  11. Raptorblaze

I mean, that's relatively easy.

Good
    CE: Hey engineers, make sure the engine is set up before exploring the station.

Bad
    HoS: Summarily execute anyone who interferes with your arrests.

Edit: Just assume lawful means "Would not cause a violation of any other space law."
  12. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Please note, direct subordinates should not mean all assistants. CE -> Engis, Atmos HOS->Warden, SecOff, HoP ->QM, Chef, Lawyer, Hydro, etc. RD -> Scientists, Roboticists. Captains -> Other Heads
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  13. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I'd also like to remind you that every head has a ID console in their offices now and that head IDs can edit access to their department.

Meaning demoting people for running away and not setting up the singularity is completely ok. Just make sure they know what they are doing wrong first, it would suck if you did this to a newbie and miss out on a opportunity to teach them how to job.