Security and Borderline Grief

Discussion in 'General' started by JPR, Feb 8, 2015.

1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

In a word...YES
    You are NOT allowed to "retaliate" against sec FOR DOING THEIR JOB PROPERLY. You CAN call them shit, yell at them, or mess with them WITHOUT harming or taking their stuff, but if sec DID THEIR JOB PROPERLY, you deserved your sentence and CANNOT then give it as a reason to "KILL ALL SHITCURITY".
    OOH NOOOH ROLEPLAYS! Suck it up. It takes more roleplaying to ATTACK sec for their "crimes", than it does to just ignore it.

Okay... /endrant

That said, you CAN take out sec who HAVE wronged you by setting the timer a LITTLE too high, or leaving you in cuffs and unassigned for too long... (Note:subjective, should get a ruling here for "too long", or adminhelp it when it happens)
    Space Law is supposed to be IC, and be a SHIELD when followed, NOT OOC and REQUIRED or BAN.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  2. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

You are 100% correct in this scenario. In that scenario, to act out against Security for performing their job and doing so incredibly well, is absurd and borderline grief. However, there can be extenuating circumstances where someone is brigged for the correct time, but is otherwise handled incredibly poorly, in which case some form of retaliation may in fact be acceptable.
  3. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I'm FINE with robust players escaping, or breaking out and resisting arrest as nonantag. I'm NOT fine with them bombing the brig, and batoning survivors to death(or just batoning the guy who arrested you to death). That's what I wanted this for.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  4. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Understood. Example? Getting headset removed and screamed at? Or constant flashbangs? Are those good examples?
  5. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Also, this. I agree with this, if unpopular does NOT cover ROUTINE brigging within space law. For now, let's consider labor to be outside space law, as it's kind of broken..
  6. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

It goes even beyond that, the prisoner is being made to sit in a cell and doing nothing for multiple minutes.
    The sec officer is busy following a procedure, making sure you don't get uncuffed and beat his face in.

The victim has free time when the officer does not, the victim should definitely be the one asked questions.

Implement this. NOW.

+1

My solution would be to include prisoners into the rule about not helping antags. Prisoners who are going around greytiding are 100% ANTAGONISTIC, and helping them is being ANTAGONISTIC. Just because you don't have fancy text letting you murder people, doesn't mean you are not antagonistic.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Can we not Quadruple-post please?
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  8. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Okay, would you prefer I make a notepad and make my observations for 45 minutes of reading?
    JPR just triple posted, but one more is so INSANE?
    I had to read 4 pages of text, and gave my opinion in a helpful manner.
  9. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I believe JPR is unable to edit his post
    (stop using firefox you nerds)
  10. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I was in the process of editing, as you can see it's been fixed, I'm not amazing at forum-fu yet, can you cut me some slack? I didn't leave it for 6 hours.
    But derailment aside, Flavo can I send you a timestamp correlating to OOC logs, that I would say has to do with this kind of situation?
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

PM me it i guess.
  12. Benblu

Benblu Firstest

[​IMG]
    little late but yeah this already gud
    time for me to be honest
    If you get arrested, deal with it, if it wasn't legit(if sec's a potato-topato or just plain shit) then claim vengeance and his skull for the skull throne.
    otherwise, i propose a "Deal with it" clause where if you start griffing sec for stopping you from uploading fifty fucking retarded laws to the AI you should either A: stop playing or B: get a good old ding dong bingbong bannu.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  13. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Given that several people have been taking this as black and white without context to the situation this statement is no longer an official ruling. Official rulings will be outline in Server Talk General or Announcements sections of the forums. Thank you!
  14. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

how about just announcements, I rather not have things spread out either\or
  15. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Just to clarify on the above post: The ruling for this is the same as it has always been. If someone is messing with you then you can return with equal force escalating as is necessary to protect your life. If security has truly wronged you then you can IED the windows of the brig or shoot non-lethally at officers. If you're committing crimes and you're brigged by the book then you're not within your rights to kill, kidnap, or demote. This is a general statement and isn't meant to be applied to every situation generically. The context of the actions within each situation is vital to making a proper judgement.
    IMVader, JPR, Infernus44 and 2 others like this.
  16. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

That's good. I was worried there for a second :)