Security and Borderline Grief

Discussion in 'General' started by JPR, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Zero

Zero Member

I'd say it's not round ruining but severely hampers your experience, if you were a security officer/medical doctor/any job other than assistant your ID matters. That's the access to your workplace.​
    The circumtances of how "hampering" it is varies, if there's a competent and living Captain/HoP you can get it back otherwise you can't, Since AI's can't manage the ID modification console. Breaking into your own workplace will most likely land you brigged aswell, and it's not recommended to try and get it back as it will end up with either the attacker or the defendant dead.​
    In my personal experience I have never been able to recover a lost ID. However this does not relate to the current discussion, I'll await the final say on the ban request.​
    QuantumWings, IMVader, JPR and 2 others like this.
  2. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I'm have dinner. Be back soon.
    Also, can I congratulate everyone here for not flaming! We're classy! :p
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

When I was an admin I rarely PM'd officers as I got enough information from the people who adminhelped it.
    Admins will still most likely PM officers over every little gritty thing. Hell, the other day I got messaged for RELEASING a prisoner when a malf AI was found. God damn newmins.
  4. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Right. With some discussions, a decision has been reached.

Being dealt a legitimate sentence by security for crimes you did indeed commit does not justify "retaliation". Additionally, I've seen mentioned of "IC demotions." A person being pissed off about being brigged for their crimes stripping the sentencing officer is not a "demotion". It's borderline grief. A demotion is when someone is abusing their job and is then removed from said position either by a competent superior, or mass consensus agreeing on their removal. One or two people angry people does not make a consensus.

If you commit a crime, you should expect to deal with your sentence. If you continue to cause trouble all throughout your sentence, it is not the Security Officer's fault if you get brigged even longer for it. It does not justify you stripping and griefing the officer for simply doing their job. Furthermore, I've seen mentions of loosening up on security and allowing them to crack down on people causing trouble. This confuses me because I don't see how security isn't already allowed to do that? If they're breaking the law, arrest them. No admin should get on your case for that. In what way are they not already allowed to do this? If people riot, ARREST THEM. For RIOTING. *Mind Blown*

However, there is a distinct difference between "retaliating" against officers who give you legitimate sentences, and retaliating against officers who give you bogus, abusive sentences. The latter is justified. If they're abusing the players, they can be dealt with. In that scenario though, they'd likely be breaching the server rules, so please kindly adminhelp the situation so it can be dealt with if it is indeed abuse.

As for the case involving IMVader, Mindtrixx, and Saint Vicious, a ruling will be given on that relatively soon.

EDIT: Admins should indeed try to get the situation from the brigged person first. Even if it's a simple "What crimes did you commit?", and go from there.
    JPR, QuantumWings, PistolPete and 5 others like this.
  5. Yay! Crow comes to save the day again! (In case it's not clear I am not trying to be sarcastic. :p)

Crow for headmin, 2015.
    Felix Feufer and torquey like this.
  6. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Our game mechanics promote robustness. Anyone robust enough can get away with anything, as access and weapons don't help much. The basic security officer can't take down a robust player, even though he has security gear. If you want players to stop fucking with security, I think you will need to make it against the rules or give security means to take down robust players when they aren't.
  7. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

Why should officers that cannot handle their prisoners and can't call for backup be given the luxury of adminhelp for being attacked by their prisoner?
  8. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

You don't play as security much, do you?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  9. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

I play security alot.
  10. I can confirm that he is a regular sec player (Jerrie Howard, I'm sure you've worked with him a lot).
  11. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

http://www.llagaming.net/forums/thr...rixx-and-mulder-munrow.3590/page-4#post-53740

Are we MediumRP now? When have people ever been given protection to such lengths? This is entirely absurd thinking and its being taken entirely from one side.

You are giving security full rights to dick people around yet if they retaliate the officer can cite "doing his job and following space law" and the other person can't be mad at them or its breaking the rules. You cannot control how people feel when being dicked over, this decision is quite frankly stupid.

What happened to admins word for word PMing people "deal with it"? This is a horribly perfect example of admin pandering. When have we sunk to the point that you can't retaliate against security based from past IC interactions?

Can you explain to me this?
  12. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Oh, right.

Well to answer your first question,
    Why should annoying crewmembers that break the law, don't do their jobs and take fun away from players by borderline griefing as non antag be given the luxury of adminhelp for being harmbatonned to death by pissed off security?
    QuantumWings and Cody522 like this.
  13. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

I think some things you've either completely missed or chosen to blatantly ignore are "legitimate sentence" and "retaliation". You can feel however you want to feel. No one is going to suppress your feelings. You can be pissed off. There's a difference between FEELING something and ACTING on it in a poor way. I'm talking about the latter, not the former.

Additionally, the decision I made does not directly involve the ban request on you and Saint. In my opinion, that is a difference circumstance do the the status of the Labor Camp and as a result of that may very well end up with a decision for that specific situation that is different than what this thread relates to. My decision here was not my decision on that request. Chill out. Due to the nature of the Labor Camp in its current state, it's not necessarily a legitimate, or at least reasonable thing to do. So it will be examined with that in mind.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  14. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Same one that antagonizes prisoners on purpose often? Spends most of his time in the brig spiting prisoners?
  15. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Do you consider performing legitimate arrests to "dick people around"?

You can feel outraged about chemistry denying you lube, security arresting you for theft or an engineer fixing something you broke, but it doesn't mean you can take it as an excuse to grief them.
    QuantumWings and CannibalCrow like this.
  16. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

You are legit saying that you cannot be retaliate against someone because they pissed you off ICly. You are trying to completely remove conflict from security making any action against them punishable grief no matter their handling of you. Its a all encompassing decision that will be used to try to get anyone who breaks in game space law OOCly punished.

Space Law covers IC punishments, trying to include that in punishable action by admins is absolutely ridiculous.
  17. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

Why wouldn't they dislike the person that is beating them?
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  18. PepsiBlueFan

PepsiBlueFan Active Member

I am glad that security officers are getting more protection from things that are just pure bullshit. A security officer gets a lot of shit for doing his job. This change has quiet frankly made me want to play security again.
  19. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

You can still stun the officer when he comes at you, take his weapon and leave. It's done all the time. You just can't loot him naked for legitimately arresting you.
  20. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Thanks for dealing with this. Can I get one clarification, for the record? A "legitimate sentence" is when a member of security arrests a crewmember for a situation covered in space law, brigs them promptly, releases them promptly, and returns all NON-contraband gear.
    Is this correct, or close?
    IMVader likes this.