Implemented Scorestation

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Flavo, May 16, 2015.

?

Your vote is permanent, select one that fits you.

Poll closed May 23, 2015.
  1. I want this implemented

88.0%
  2. I want this but somethings need a little changing... (post below)

4.0%
  3. I do not want this implemented.

8.0%
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Hello this is been majorly changed, however it is complete. Somethings didn't make the cut because i didn't want to make it to ambitious but it still functions as it should, it may be a let down to some people but most will appreciate it.

There are 2 types of assignments. Assignments and tasks. assignments will show up in a popup at the end round with success or fail and who was assigned to it as well as who assigned it. Tasks on the other hand are custom assignments that do not show up at the end round result and will function as the replacement for the "Task Manager" app on tablets. you can put your own little details such as the name of the task and instructions. Once its complete you can manually press "complete" or "cancel". You can use these for "Create 50 units of tricord" or "arrest bill murray"

Here are the pre-made assignments the crew can do, these apply to security, supply, and engineering. medical and general have tasks.

Singularity Setup and Upkeep - Engineering - Basically setup and NEVER RELEASE the singularity
    Maintain [station_name] - Engineering - Keep the station integrity above 95%
    Research Tech - Science - Research something (ex: bag of holding) and save it to a component disk
    Research Xenobio - Science - Research a certain extract and take it with you on the shuttle
    Mining Points - Supply - Reach a certain goal of mining points
    Protect a head of staff - Security - Protect a head of staff of your choice
    Protect each staff of [department] - Security - Protect each staff member of your choice of department

Doesn't seem like much but the tasks is where most of the other stuff will go

Examples of tasks:
    Arrest Cleveland Reinfield - He stole the fizzy lifting drinks
    Make 50 units of bicardine - Crew needs it
    Rub my feet - Dammit, get on that.

In addition some station statistics will appear at the end round such as disk status, station integrity, survivalrates.

Below is the original OP:
    JPR, Mindtrixx and General_Battier like this.
  2. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Point distribution works like this, the head gets 40%, the worker gets 60%. individual scores can be seen at the end round as well as the total + goal.

What happens if the head is the worker

#plottwist

No i'm fucking serious because the CE will still be the only motherfucker bound by his job ( rules) to set up that fakken sing.
    JPR likes this.
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Head giving himself tasks gets 100% cut.
    JPR and daddysds1 like this.
  4. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

Are you planning to implement the "Keep most of the crew alive" for medical and the "Keep most of the station intact" for Engineering? Because if so, I'd say yes, I want this. (I don't know if by "to be announced" you mean you're still trying to get them to work or if you're only still considering them.)
  5. daddysds1

TBA means To be Announced soooo.
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I'll update the list as they assignment's coding is complete. If i haven't completed the coding its still TBA.
    Raptor likes this.
  7. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait to see how things progress then.
    I know what the acronym itself means.
    I even spelled it out in my post.
    Which you quoted. o_O

But yeah, Flavored answered my question.
  8. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

Still WIP, TBA doesnt even fit in the context, honk.
  9. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

I want to see some round to round automatic stats. Like the roll-up on other stations, I want to know a little bit about the overall station. Amount of power, etc.
    Cody522 and General_Battier like this.
  10. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

This would be cool. I think it's already a thing actually, ask drache or draden, whichever one is the coder for the website.

How about officers given a required number of people to be brigged each round?
    "Police like to pull me over to meet their quota!"
  11. daddysds1

No no no no no no no no no no i will fucking kill the sec officers if this shit is allowed.
    JPR likes this.
  12. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Chill out. It aint gonna happening.
    Raptor likes this.
  13. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

Draden can't even code, geez cody. Also something like that is on my list but It's easily months away.
  14. daddysds1

Is that refering to...
    This by chance?

You are asking security to get lynched 24/7/365 if this is implanted.
  15. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Score chemistry on how many units of space drugs they produce kek
  16. PistolPete

Daddy, you need to calm the calamity that is your mammaries.
    JPR, Jayce Wise, Mabblies and 3 others like this.
  17. daddysds1

Very funny Pistol.

I am simply stating what "Will" happen not what "can" happen if that is implanted.

Also i am fine with the implantation of this idea just not the idea of giveing sec a Arrest x number of people per round because sec will get bombed/Depowered/flooded by atmos / rioting / ect ect every fucking round.
  18. PistolPete

This is a consistent pattern you have. Someone states something you don't like. It's not a confirmed idea. You jump to conclusions, overreact and rage.

So calm down, quit being so aggressive about everything. I can't remember anytime you were calm or levelheaded about anything.
    Mabblies and AncientV25 like this.
  19. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Hi, the powers that be have to take time to review this feedback. this thread should be about what I'm presenting. With that being said if this becomes 5 pages of opinions on misunderstandings(drache talking about making a site where stats can be viewed misunderstood as giving sec objectives to arrest people) were gonna have issues. If you have nothing to say about whats on the op, good or bad. Don't post.
  20. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Grade atmospherics by the number of tiles with liveable atmos?