Ridiamo (Quacky J)'s Perseus Application [Closed]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by Ridiamo, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

BYOND KEY: Quacky_J

IC NAME: Darryl Drayton
    PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 080, 888, 022

HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): Never have.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: Once: I think I "pushed someone out of an airlock" during last 5 minutes of the round. I think it was a mistake though? Can't really remember exactly what went wrong. It was issued and resolved by FlavoredCactus if you have questions.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: A little over a year now. EDIT: Jan 05 2014 (Recently found out when BYOND account was made, played as guest like twice beforehand.)

WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: Having the power to give orders/enforce obedience toward people. Though I don't think security should have too much "authority" over specific people. Putting on a red jumpsuit and strapping a taser/stunbaton to yourself does not make you a better person than anybody. Security should act more as a friend to the crew and like they're trying to help (because they are supposed to be helping) instead of trying to be the crew's enemy.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: Probably 30% of the time I play. I usually play at least one or two rounds of security when I play space station.

ON A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: I suppose a 6 (though I realize that's what everyone seems to rate themselves), because I like to communicate and have teamwork between my fellow member of security, I believe everyone should have a chance to give their feedback/ideas on a situation. I believe security is much harder to play if you have no team, or a team that does not communicate (basically the same thing).
    Weakness: I am sort of a push-over when it comes to security and I don't like to take time from someone who's just trying to have a good time on the station. I have shortened sentences despite Space Law because I feel that the offense was not as extreme as the time for the crime. I don't like to brig people for small crimes, though sometimes necessary, it takes more time where you could be doing bigger things and helping with bigger crimes. I'm not a fan of telling others what to do, though I understand enforcing Space Law is the duty of security, therefore I do it as much as needed.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: Playing against them can be quite difficult but I think they're fun from both sides to deal with. The humans can think of creative ways to help exterminate xenomorphs and it can bring the crew together to help each other from the real enemy.

WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: Well to enforce Space Law. Keep the crew safe from each other, or bigger threats such as enemy corporations or biologic entities that enter the station. Anything that can potentially harm the crew or the station, security should be there to help prevent such situations.

ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:

*You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*:
    First I help the victim up, then check to see if their tablet is still there, and ask if they're missing anything. If not, then it wasn't anything major, just the clown being the clown.
    If it turns out the clown stole anything I would have to chase the clown, stun him, and cuff him, take the stolen item and tell the victim to retrieve it at the Brig. I then must sentence the clown for petty theft and warn him not to do it again.

*You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*:
    I slam that drink on the table and run straight for the library to check if it is a nest or just a xeno, I scan the area for any other potential threats while I communicate with my team and tell them my intentions. I ask for backup and in the case that I do get back up, we tactically try to scare away/fight the xenomorph to get to the librarian, and then take him to medbay. In the case that I do not get backup, I attempt to find any crew member nearby to help me, because it is foolish to go alone against a xenomorph.
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: I start by politely telling the Head of Security to stop, and that he should take a breather and calm down for a little, and if this works, I treat the prisoner's possible wounds and tend to them until their time is up, or if this is perma, I come back to the cell occasionally and see if the prisoner needs anything.

If the HoS does not respond to the polite attempt, I stun him, cuff him, and report to any heads of his acts. I will let them decide whether he gets demoted or not.

ARE YOU CURRENTLY AN ADMIN, AND IF NOT-MIGHT YOU BE INTERESTED IN ADMINSHIP IN THE FUTURE?:I am not an admin; although I could possibly be interested in the future, though not any time soon.

GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: I haven't done anything spectacular as security, I have taken down lings, I have stopped fights between crew members, I have found traitors and stopped them, but I can not think of a big heroic story I have done as a security member. Just trying my hardest to make the station safe and keep the crew away from danger that may result in injury death, or loss of the station control.
    EDIT: I was playing as a normal security as the station when to total chaos due to lings. A plasma fire was spread through the station so I took action and got myself a firesuit, the HoS was a confirmed ling and I was to kill on sight. After most of the crew had perished in the flames or became victim to murders, I was one of the last crew members of a crew around 40 players. The shuttle was on its way but just as I was getting to it I encountered the traitor ling HoS. Though very difficult with pressure pushing both of us around, and lag from the burning station, I manages to stun him with my taser, and took his egun and used lethals on him. Though, he did get back up and happened to have another egun because he was the HoS I still made him quite weak with severe burns. Though I did die and technically did not succeed in stopping the antagonist I believe this to be a very heroic act as security. The HoS eventually died on the station due to an N2O leak he was not aware of before inhaling. The RD did escape alone and completed his objectives, I failed, but I think it was an amazing round,, memorable, heroic, and overall good security.
    CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: Cake, it's simply better than all pie. I am not a fan of pie, but I have always loved cake. Pie is like a wimpy wannabe cake. Cake can be designed and iced in all sorts of different ways. I've never heard of wedding pie or birthday pie.

Usually on: At 3 or 4 Mountain Time (MT) on weekdays (this is usually a little after I arrive at home from school). Lengths of play vary, sometimes I play from 3-7, sometimes I play from 7-10, sometimes I play from 4-5.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity. Cool to see you have taken the opportunity to apply. I'll be watching (and reading this app)
    Ridiamo likes this.
  3. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

Thanks man.
  4. Earlier today you were an officer during a rev round. I put a loyalist into crit and then you came upon the scene and I attacked you. You were able to stun me...and then took no further action against me...no handcuffing, no lethal force, no harm intent period. You tried to help the victim, I got up and attacked you again and you did the same thing. It was well into a confirmed revolution, there were bodies everywhere around me, and I was wearing stolen security gear and was unimplanted and covered in blood. While I was down I called for help. Another rev came to my aid and we swarmed and killed you.

If you loosened your trigger finger a bit, you would have easily been able to kill me and save the victim. Code red. I was a confirmed hostile trying to attack you in an area controlled by revs, while you were trying to help a dying loyalist. A lot of Perseus applicants are afraid to use force during their application phase. I just want to let you know it's okay if you can justify it.

Granted the guy's body was bugged and he could not be dragged. I'm wondering if your plan was to just stun me, grab him, and get the hell out of there with him? That would be sensible enough. I was having issues trying to take his body during our shootout as well. At any rate, my point is don't be afraid to put the hammer down when necessary. I expected, and deserved, to be summarily executed by you. Cheers, we'll be watching.
    WellingtonTheThird and Hattrick like this.
  5. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

This was about five minutes after I joined, I didn't know what round it was, I didn't want to attack people if I wasn't sure if they were out for blood or just thugs.
    But yes my plan was to stun all around me and get the victim to a safe place and contact my team to see what was going on and if I should have been fighting back or just arresting, but the body was bugged and then your ally came and assisted you in killing me.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  6. Perfectly understandable. You didn't do anything wrong regardless and the context explains things. Thanks for the reply.
  7. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

Glad I could explain. Thanks for reading.
    Hattrick and Flavo like this.
  8. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

From what I've seen is better security than anyone else I've seen recently, deserves a chance at Perseus at least;
    He has my support.
    +Support from Keggerz
  9. I've seen some good communication and a respectful and professional disposition from you as security. Haven't seen enough yet to offer full support, but keep up the good work.
  10. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the feedback.
  11. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

You need to work on communication a tiny bit, but other than that you are doing good. I'm watching you more before I pass judgment, but good job.
  12. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

Do you have any specific examples of lack of communication? I'd like to hear them, I usually do great in communication.
  13. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

A few days ago, two men kept trying to murder me, and even though I kept telling you and screaming for help, you did no criminal justice against them. Even being, when I finally had enough of it after almost dying three times, I almost got arrested by you for attacking them. (I ran away)
    General_Battier likes this.
  14. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

This had nothing to do with communication seeing as how you never communicated with me. I tried several times to separate you from the two men because I had no evidence who started the violence. Yet, every time I got you all separated you went back to them and tried to attack. Or, that's what it looked like from my point of view.
    I stayed with your attackers in the bar to see if you would try to attack them again, but you just kept prowling from outside of the bar, this made you look to be the aggressor, waiting for me to leave to attack them yet another time. Though, I do not see how this has to do with communication because every time you called for sec I showed up as fast as i could and handled each situation as best as I could without any proof who started it. Sorry if my method of keeping you safe did not work as well as I had hoped. I will try to do better in the future, thank you for the feedback.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  15. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

We are watching.
    Ridiamo likes this.
  16. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

I just watched a round in wich you arrested an assistant during a nuke ops round for some reason, until an assistant shot you and ran away with the prisoner. Can you explain what happened?

Also, you need to talk more I believe. Communication is key as a security officer.
  17. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

Okay before I explain the situation please pay more attention to the situation before making posts on this thread. Understand the situation and talk with me before assuming things and posting on this thread. This forum account is linked to my Steam account, you can message me on Steam any time you have a problem with me or need to talk to me.

First off, I did not arrest Cy Wolfe. The captain stunned him and cuffed him because he was running around with a stetchkin pistol aiming it at random people. The Captain told me to perma him, but all I did was take him to the brig and try to chat with him, once he explained the situation, I was beginning to uncuff him because he had bigger situation. Unfortunately I did not get to uncuff him because instead some random crew member decided to stun me and run off with him as if he were a hero. I was already letting him go. I stated this several times after Cy was taken from my grasp, but clearly nobody listened to me.

Second off, I spoke plenty that round, I do not believe any of the communication errors had to do with me. It had to do with people stunning me before I got to explain what was going on. People are impatient, I understand that. That's why I kept my calm and let said person "free" Cy, and moved on to trying to keep the crew safe from the nuclear ops. I spoke with the captain, he told me to perma Cy for what he did, but after I listened to why Cy was being arrested in the first place, I decided he would be more safe not being in perma.

So in the future, please listen and chat with me before you assume things. I know you weren't the only one who misunderstood the situation and it's a common mistake, I understand where you're coming from. It probably looked worse than it was, but I was not arresting this man, and I arrested no one that round due to the priority: Nuke Ops trying to steal the nuke disk. Thanks for your concern, and I appreciate your feedback. Again, please pay more attention in the future, or talk with me to understand the situation when you don't.
  18. That was a needlessly aggressive response, even if you felt that the details of Thar's post are inaccurate.

It is not uncommon for Perseus enforcers to get flamed in OOC or on the forums based on misconceptions, in far harsher terms than Thar's post, and if selected to join Perseus you would be expected to respond in a manner that reflects well on Perseus as a whole.
    LeJack and Agent1667 like this.
  19. Ridiamo

Ridiamo Member

It wasn't meant to be harsh at all, and I didn't see how it could have been taken that way. I said I understood where he was coming from and that it's okay he saw something that wasn't true. In no way was that meant to be offensive in any way, and apologies you, Thar, if you found it offensive or rude. I was just explaining the situation and told him he misunderstood it, and in the future he has absolute permission to speak with me if he feels I've done something wrong, or if he needs me to explain a situation he didn't fully understand. But in no way was it meant to be harsh at all, and apologies to anyone that saw it as harsh. I'm not a harsh person, and I'm pretty calm at most times. There was no OOC flaming or hurtful comments intended.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  20. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

You first response was, indeed, aggressive and rude. Your post in answer to Flat's comment makes it better.
    I understand how frustrated one can be by some comments that appear on their application ; as Flat already pointed out, Perseus members are expected to be able to deal with much worse.
    Nothing was "assumed" in my question. I asked you to explain what happened, that's all. I had no problem understanding the situation, and I'm afraid you are in no position to give me any advice on that subject at the present time.

Your aggressive tone sometimes comes up IC. You need to show us you are capable of being polite, calm and professionnal while dealing with shitsistants. I suggest keeping that tone for when you play assistant.

My understanding of your explanation is than an assistant was shooting people with a gun, was arrested, you were ordered to perma him, and you decided to release him.
    Why didn't you perma him? Nuke ops rarely attack perma brig prisoners.
    Why didn't you confiscate his gun before releasing him? He might decide to shoot you in the face as soon as you uncuff him.
    Why didn't you brig him in a normal timer cell?
    Why didn't you arrest the assistant that released your prisoner after stunning you, later into the round?

My comment on your lack of communication wasn't specific to that particular round. I generally don't see you talking in security channel as much as I would like. Do you sometimes team up with other security officers? Why? Why not?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
    I am unable to support this application at this time. That doesn't mean I won't change my mind.
    Agent1667 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.