[Resolved] Jariahtoadsage's request for promotion.

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Jariahtoadsage, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

Alright folks, its about time jariah finally makes +Admin.

Ive been a secondary for coming up on a year now, and while ive come to terms with the possibility of sitting at secondary for the rest of my admining career i never said i would just sit content with that knowledge. And lately, being a Secondary admin has begun to be an issue (what with the limited ability to actually Directly assist players with issues id otherwise have to go ask a third party to fix {I.E. "Help! Griffon McJerkface perma'd me without reason!" *Griffon McJerkface Has logged out*}). And while i know that there are definitely things i still need to work on (which is something that can be said about all of us) id say that as far as the "Ironing out period" that i take Secondary Admin to imply, ive done my fair share.

I'd also like to quell a few of the Misapprehensions people might have like my past Disappearances that have coincided with life events (Do note also, however, i made it a point to always Make this a known thing). This is not something You nor i Will need to worry about anymore. My Housing situation has stabilized and so has my work situation, so barring any Medical issue (Plsgodno) there wont be any reason for Jarhead to be disappearing out of the blue.

Another such apprehension some may have is that i used to be sort of an emotional pushover (I only mention this because it was apparently effecting my performance enough that two admins directly approached me Intervention style about it.) This was partially due to the flux state my life was in at the points prior to now in my life. (I.E. Where will i sleep tomorrow? Will i be able to keep my job long enough to get stable? How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?!?!)

The last such thing would be that, at best, My activity isnt anywhere NEAR as high as some other admins, and seems to be in different time-slots than the rest of them, Though, one could argue thats yet another positive towards me getting this promotion. In a few recent discussions in adminchat and a recent thread ive been described as "Admins Semi-Regularly" Which, Honestly is every bit of spare time i can muster.

And that about does it, there are other, smaller things of course (Such as how AWFUL i am at freehanding Professional-sounding "Application" style unguided pleas for a promotion) but they arent things i feel might be big enough in peoples heads to warrent a "You dont deserve this" or a "We cant trust you with this". Id like to add however, a personal note that im here for the server, yay-or-nay on this request. Im not gonna crybaby out because Taicho and or the community says im not ready for this yet, And like every application ive put up on this server, im ready for feedback if anyone has it for me.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
  2. Tomtoot

Tomtoot Active Member

Honestly unless there is something I don't know about, I think this is long overdue, he has been generally one of the more active admins(recently), and has been secondary for too long, especially with all the new trialmins joining, Jariah promoted would definetly be helpful.
    daddysds1 likes this.
  3. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

ps i want one too
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  4. Bluebreez100

Bluebreez100 Member

5. Terezi

Terezi Active Member

I Agree with this because it is definitely needed
  6. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'd say Jariah is one of the better admins I've spoken to, (you're all good, stop hitting me with ban-hammers :( ). I agree he needs the promo-love.
    P.S. May wanna add this URL to your sig Jariah.
  7. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Is this a thing? I thought you would do this behind closed doors.

My two cents.
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  8. Jariahtoadsage

Jariahtoadsage LS13 Admin

Generally, that IS how people would do this. However, i wanted to post it here (As it says one should do in this forum section) Because i want the community to know i dont want it for me, i want it for them.
    Felix Feufer, Tomtoot and Flavo like this.
  9. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

I can respect the sentiment. Hope it works out for you.
  10. InfernoBestia

InfernoBestia Member

Jariah is an extraordinarily good admin. He is constantly active, is helpful, is polite to everyone, and honestly just makes the game more fun.

I also enjoy his selfless reasoning for the promotion (but c'mon, we all know he is simply mad with power and needs more [sarcasm]), and it really is due time for one.
  11. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I'd +1 this. He's a great admin.
    +1
  12. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

He already got promoted, pls no necro.
  13. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

14. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I... I didn't know!
    Well then.
    yay?
  15. Mabblies

To be honest there was no way to know. (from this thread)
    Flatoftheblade and JPR like this.
  16. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

[Resolved] Jariahtoadsage's request for promotion.
    JPR likes this.
  17. Mabblies

That could mean anything.

Lock pls
    Flatoftheblade and JPR like this.
  18. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

This has already been granted and has no reason to remain open. Locked.
    Mabblies and Jayce Wise like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.