Archived Re-Implement DNA Aid

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by Zeb, May 12, 2015.

?

Bring back DNA AID with new restrictions?

1. Sure

33.3%
  2. Nah

53.3%
  3. What's a DNA?

13.3%
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

You cannot make liquid diamond
  2. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

I accidently hit yes on the poll, I'm completely against that.
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  3. Phew, thanks for clarifying. For a second I thought you were undermining my point about the relevance of the previous poll. :p
    General_Battier likes this.
  4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Nope!
    Leave the powers to genetics. Why should virology get to stumble on all four powers by accident, when genetics has to work? I'm aware that when you get powers through genetics they are more reliable, but still. Virology shouldn't have access to healing factor, stimulant, self respiration, a wide range of bad symptoms to unleash on victims, -and- super powers.
    I would know, I used aide to churn out a super SE in genetics all the time. Do you really want me to be loaded up with virus -and- super powered?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  5. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

QuantumWings likes this.
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

So far it doesn't look like I will be re-adding this, with that being said i appreciate those who have provided posts along with there votes, much like admin applications these suggestions/feedbacks should be talked about, not voted in. the polls do however provide the non-vocal majority to voice there concern.
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

You didn't answer his question.

Even though liquid diamond isn't a thing, that could easily be changed.

http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Infections
    Kadingir do you mean to make liquid diamond act like plasma, or mutagen for virus evolutions? That can be done easily too.

But going to the mine to get some diamonds to make a disease sounds like a bother.
    kadingir and QuantumWings like this.
  8. Sweedle

Sweedle Active Member

Oh, so "DNA Aid" is the revolving power symptom? Go ahead and show my vote moved from "Wtf is a DNA" to "Noooo," the week or so of the awful rounds of non-antags breaking into places, stealing stuff, just 'cause, were probably up there with my worst LLA rounds, they were really bad.
  9. Zeb

Zeb Member

The people have spoken! LOL I guess I, and a very small select group really see the benefits of this virus. I used it all the time as CMO, and it proved to be great. A lot of you who voted against this would probably like all of virology removed because of how annoying it is. Its sad to say this, but maybe its better just to stay removed :( But keep in mind ima make deadly viruses every traitor round i get!

FACE THE WRATH OF ZEBIDIAN'S PLAUGE! :p
  10. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Completely bypassing an intentional minigame isn't really something I'd call a benefit :/
    QuantumWings likes this.
  11. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

I suspect that that was Shadowling1232's point when he made the suggestion. +1

I'd point out all the other things that they don't like and want removed because "I don't like this so remove it instead of making me get more robust." but most of it is already long gone.

Zeb, thank you for having an opinion that goes against the majority and for being willing to speak out about it to try to change LS13 for the better of all of us, it might have failed this time, as it does most times, but there are still those of us that are grateful for your attempts.
  12. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Except this is exactly the kind of change I try to *avoid* us implementing. See below.

Plus, there are more interesting ways to speed-run genetics, but I'll let you figure that out on your own *cough*
    QuantumWings likes this.
  13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Wow rude, don't just chuck us into a group. The aide symptom gives virology access to all the benefits of the genetics job, without any of the work, while also allowing them to have the beneficial symptoms. One or the other is fine, but not both.
    Of course there are beneficial applications, but they're too easy. Thrive in the difficult world we've created.
  14. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Considering it again, and the only way I could support reimplementing DNA Aid is if it was coded to temporarily give you bad symptoms.
    QuantumWings, Zeb and kadingir like this.
  15. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Maybe have the symptoms change with the powers, just for extra flavour? :O
    Zeb likes this.
  16. Zeb

Zeb Member

The whole point of DNA Aid was to speed run genetics. As I said before I totally up for it having negative effects. Might I suggest an unhealthy dose of radiation damage each time you change? or if you really want to get into it, clone damage?
  17. I don't even think speed running genetics is something that I'd like to see facilitated.

And this would still be annoying as hell to spread through the station even if you throw in negative effects. Shitlers would still use it to cause chaos and it would be detrimental for non-shitlers to contract.
    Sweedle, Raptorblaze and QuantumWings like this.
  18. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

We could use another virus to fill the slot as something not many people realize is the removal of this virus increases the chance of getting the other plasma reactions.

For example the removal of the DNAA increased the chance for virologists to get Self-Respiration
  19. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

That was my first thought when I was thinking about how to play virology without aide. Less symptoms to randomly choose from, better odds at getting what I want.
    Anyway, speed running genetics shouldn't be a thing. Let them work for what they get. It's not like it's a hard job in the first place.
    Raptorblaze and PistolPete like this.