RawrTaicho*'s Headmin Application

Discussion in 'Head Admin Applications (CLOSED!)' started by Taicho, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

Well then,
    ++
  2. Zargul

Zargul Active Member

From all canidates I have seen you might be the one who is fit for the job.

You are one of the People who have shown that they can handle even the direst situation and the ability to deal with people that you might not agree with.
    Also you have often an own opinion of things but what is important is that you stay close to this.

I remember the long discussions we had in the Perseus Chat and honestly enjoyed the talks with you, even when it looked like we are fighting.
    But also your long membership and adminship here in this community as like your activity has shown me that you deserve the place as Head Admin.
  3. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

Thanks fella. Appreciate it.
  4. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Someone says something in ahelp what hurts your feelings and is extremely rude.
    How you gonna handle that situation?
  5. Taicho

I'm not -- I will continue dealing with the situation at hand irregardless of what slurs are thrown at me. Generally, I've always just politely reminded that that slurs and general cussing isn't going to resolve the situation any faster and is really just counter-productive, and have then proceeded in attempting to resolve it. I've been doing this long enough to not let a few mean words from internet strangers get to me. You expect it after a while.
  6. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

1) You could say that I am suggesting Hattrick, Spoffy and Don Zombie all lack one important quality for being Headmin: a minimal level of regular playing (at least I'm assuming they do, based on what you said). Everyone has good and bad points, and the lack of one quality may be partially or completely overcome by others. I don't know them very well, but I'd say that playing regularly would be beneficial for the three roles. Are they fit for what they do? Depends on their other points.

8)
    B) This is a case we see repeatedly happening in the server (people choosing roles they are unfit for, partly the code's fault). Your response starts with "should potentially be asked" and ends up more concretely. Could you tell me which of those will be implemented under your guidance as Headmin? Will heads that do nothing to stop the abuse of their employees warned? Will heads be requested do minimally do their jobs or not?
    D) Indeed, tricky case. I liked the answer.
  7. Taicho

Apologies for any incoherence in this response. I wrote it last night on no sleep whatsoever.

B) Naturally. It'd be unrealistic of me to be able to provide you with a definitive answer to this because every case is different and without complete context I can only give you a very vague overview. However, there are two things I'd like to look at to prevent that sort of behavior, which could potentially be applied to this situation: the first is revisiting the old system we've demonstrated previously that locked Head of Staff and Security roles until the individual at hand had spent a specific amount of time on our server. This is by no means a fix to all our issues, but it's worth revisiting and gathering feedback to distinguish whether people treating important roles in such a way falls down to new players who have no clue what they're doing claiming them, or whether the issue is far deeper than that and we need to look at altering certain aspects of our rules to remove people from these roles if they're consistently claiming them and causing issues in doing so.

There's simply no way we can achieve a perfect Head of Staff roster unless we implemented a whitelist, which I don't agree with doing whatsoever. If the employees are the ones displaying the rather more abusive behavior then they take priority in being dealt with, naturally. Admins are trusted to make judgments on situations based on the individuals intent, so if it is distinguished that the Head of Staff acting in this way, whether it be allowing their employees to abuse anyone and everyone without intervening or simply dicking around and not doing anything at all is of negative intent, then certainly I think a warning and some guidance, as well as a note on their record is necessary. Continuing to act in this way as a Head of Staff may later result in the role being removed from you via the medium of jobbanning, though I'd like to think that's more of a last resort in the event warnings and admin intervention makes no change whatsoever.

We're not here to handhold and rule with an iron fist, we merely enforce a set of rules to maintain a positive and friendly atmosphere on our server so that our membership can enjoy themselves and have fun. When that enjoyment is ruined through the acts of a player with ill intent, action does need to be taken resolve it, whether it be through discussion or an eventual ban or jobban.

tl;dr
    warnings
    notes
    admin to player discussions
    closer observation of individuals acting this way
    eventual jobbans potentially if it starts to become an issue
    looking at gathering feedback regarding role timelock system -- 'study' and temporary fix
    Similarly, revisting how administrators deal with these cases and players -- distinguishing intent and dealing with it accordingly
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Hattrick plays all the time! i wouldn't say he is robust though.
  9. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Being robust is not everything.
    Flavo likes this.
  10. Taicho

Being robust is a way of life.
    Rob Ust and NoFaceMan like this.
  11. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Not that it matters to being headmin but for the sake of getting to know you better since some folks do not, tell us a robust story from your time playing ss13.
    Rob Ust likes this.
  12. Taicho

I will tell you the one story that will make Hattrick ROLL with anger because at the time he was sure we'd made the wrong call. Nevertheless, allow me to tell you of the infamous revolutionary round with RawrTaicho and Pessime as Perseus Enforcers.

On one particular eve, sat on our lovely orange ship (the Mycanae was orange back then), we got a report from the station that a rather violent revolution had broken out. Being the eager chums we were we swiftly geared up and prepared to dispatch with one goal in mind: catch the two Chemists that had released a series of poly acid clouds around the station in an attempt to execute the Heads of Staff. Needless to say, everything went swiftly to shit. With some 60 players online, at least half were already revs by this point, so as you can imagine, two blue men waltzing through the station was not good for us at all. Into the Medbay we went, and that's when all hell broke loose...

Back then, if there was one thing you NEVER did, it was venture into the Medical Bay amid a revolution.

Eventually, we find the corpse of the Chief Medical Officer and we push into Genetics, barricade ourselves in there, and proceed to revive him. Genetics is quickly surrounded, the Chief pops out of the cloning machine, and revs pour into the cloning room. We AOE shoot them, dash out with the Chief Medical Officer in tow, syringes whizzing everywhere, and make for Security. Somewhere along the way, the Chief is killed again, and Pess and I end up in Security, we bolt the door, and discover only the Captainand a Medical Doctor remains in the Brig! We offer to protect like the foolish little enforcers we are.

Soon, the revolution discovers the Captain is dicking about in the Brig, and they start to break in. Our EP's are out of ammo. We were stuck in the break room of security, and thus cut off from the Perseus shuttle, with the armoury looted, save for a laser, and 4 tasers that'd been left in the security lockers. The fight begins...

At this point, there's some ten-to-fifteen revs trying to get into the Brig to kill the Captain. Because of this, we have to resort to lethal intent. They manage to get one of the doors down and one at a time, Pess, I, the Captain, and the lone Medical Doctor are killing revs as they come through, being stunned over and over again ourselves, but somehow managing to come out victorious, with a single medkit to heal. Between the four of us, we have a taser each, and two lasers, one of which I have, and one the Captain has. Eventually, the two Chemists show up, the Medical Doctor is caught in a firefight and dies, leaving five angry revs outside, the Captain, and Pess and I, the two lone enforcers.

We're aware at this point only one Revolution Head remains, and that it's probably one of the Chemists... so with the remaining revolutions in the Brig, trying to kill us... we dash out! A firefight ensues and we managed to kill another one or two before spotting the Chemist making for the right into the courtroom. Pessime pursues!... and then the familiar bang of a grenade rings out, and Pessime is caught in a cloud of poly acid, that melts her mask and sends her into critical. I don't have time to revive her, so I take pursuit into the courtroom with the Captain. The Captain manages to gun down yet another ordinary revolutionary with his taser, and I bomb around the courtroom after the Chemist, barely managing to smack him with the stunknife. At this point, a few swift lethal stabs to head ends the Chemist, and with it, the round.

This was probably the most fun round I've ever had. Being pinned down in the Brig as the only four non-revs alive, defending the Captain against a revolution, with a Medical Doctor and a fellow Enforcer. It was extremely tense. There was also no power on station, so firefighting with a revolution in the dark, with only a flashlight to illuminate, was rather difficult.
  13. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Can confirm. This was always a death sentence.
    Rob Ust likes this.
  14. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Well since TAI-CHOOO was accepted, time to go off topic.

Medbay in Rev Round. Yes, no go. Unless you're gonna be a ninja and pick off revs one a time by hanging out on the outskirts of it.
  15. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answers and congratulations. May your reign of terror begin!