Raptor's Junior Coder Application

Discussion in 'Iconner/Coder Applications (closed/obsolet)' started by Raptorblaze, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

BYOND Name(Key): Raptorblaze
    Past experience?: Analyzing and contributing bugfixes and tweaks, minor feature implementations to the LLA Code Repository on Git
    Other Languages Known: C++, Basic, Forth (for some god-awful reason), small amount of LUA
    How long have you been coding?: on and off 4-5 years
    Do you consider yourself a relatively competent coder?: Yes
    If you have never coded (in DreamMaker) before, are you willing to learn?: Not applicable if explicitly read, but I do wish to expand my skillset further
    Code: 348CDF

I wish to apply for an official position as a (obviously junior) member of the coding team, primarily because of hiccups I've run in to when contributing to the current repository. My primary goal with this application is to be able to assist in the management of the open Git issues, tracking and identifying bugs and suggestions, as well as keep the list generally neater and easier for coders and those who desire to contribute to read. Yes I am basically volunteering to be the Git issue janitor :)
    As for trustworthiness regarding this role, I spent a year as an administrator here on LLA, reached the rank of Primary before I resigned for personal reasons (Connor can elaborate for the coder team if they decide it is relevant) and no abuse of my privileges has ever been found upon review of my actions as such.
    IMVader likes this.
  2. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

This is relevant to my interests.

+1 support.
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

You've given this same response to both me and flavo applying, care to elaborate? I don't want to disappoint :)
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Raptorblaze is shiawful i hate him

This is relevant to my interests.
    +Flavo
  5. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

This is entirely true? I think when issues arise regarding working with certain members of a team then it's a very relevant thing to consider. Nevertheless, I'll bring this to Spoffy's attention and we'll see what happens.
  6. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

If you want me to elaborate, I like your proposals in general and would like to see them happening, as well as your commentaries in the Suggestion section. You are a good admin too, so I trust you to be responsible with the new powarz. Thus my support.