Closed Quick Crate Rebalance

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Psyentific, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

Pull request: https://github.com/Spoffy/LLA-Station-13/pull/295

Previously: All locked crates have 1000 health
    Now: All locked crates have 300 health, all armory/virus crates have 600 health. For comparison, lockers and unsecure crates have 100 health. It is now significantly easier to break into locked but non-hazardous crates (ex. weedkiller), but also slightly easier to break into high-tier equipment crates (ex. ablative)

Ripley & Oddysseus circuit crates and Animal crate costs reduced to be brought in-line with other job equipment crates and discourage point-jewing.
    Lasertag crate cost reduced to be more in-line with other fun things.
    kadingir, IMVader and Saint Vicious like this.
  2. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Is it really necessary to lower the health of armory/virus crates?
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

so you want to make it harder for crates to bust open? I for one don't like giving myself finger arthritis trying to bust a crate open.
    Why is it necessary to make it take a long time to do it?
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  4. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Emitter = turn it on = Still useless
  5. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Keep the armory crates at 1,000, change the virus crate to 30,000 or more. [​IMG]

Seriously tho: I like the nerf to the other crates however I like the idea of weapons crates/armor crates remaining tough to break into, stop the Cargonia stuff.
    IMVader and QuantumWings like this.
  6. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

No; This brings it more in line with a few years back before the /tg/ crates were changed. Back then, all crates had 100 health. With the numbers in the above PR, it will take 2 full e-guns to break a secure crate, which is a 70% reduction in secure crate health. Armory-level and Virus crates are double that, at 600 health.
    I felt they were a tad extreme. 600 is very tough, that's three full laser guns, four full e-guns, or ten shotgun slugs.
    Working as intended.
  7. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Per Rawrtaicho this PR has been denied, the cost change was ok but the health change was not. If you wish you may make a new Pull Request balancing only the cost but not modifying the health of the crates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.