News Potential For Relocation

Discussion in 'Elite Dangerous' started by Obadiah Mayland, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Thanks to two fellow commanders, I have been informed that we may actually be able to make Liberties Last Army its own minor faction. That's right, no more backing some backwater company to get our interests through. We can literally be our own faction by filling out a neat little form on the Frontier forums. Link for reference. ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...inor-Factions-Submission-Form-and-Information).

While this is cool and all, and may start for a rekindling of hope for our efforts at claiming a system, we must be sure of a system to call home before we lay anything down in stone. While Don has been good to us, there are certainly grievances, such as it's intense Federal influence, long distance to stations, and isolated economy. So I am putting this thread up to hear your recommendations and reasoning for other potential systems we could have our faction call home, or if you wish for LLA to stay in Don, you could give reason for that as well! Any suggestions posted I will edit into the list found below.

Current recommended systems:
    lalande 4268- "falls within space that has a discount on everything, Is close to the bubble center, lies in independent space so no one gains or looses rep for being there."

Kammaits- Relatively low population of 1.6 million. One large starport with several surface ports of differing economies, making it potentially viable to trade within the system (Not checked though). Ports are relatively close to drop point as well. Has an independent government leading the system.

Asellus Primus- Very low population of 50,000. This would make influencing the system government quite easy. Additionally there is one large space port, a small space port, and one surface port. Asselus Primus is also a sweet name for a system, not to mention that it already has a little bit of background text.

"An independent, corporate-run system, with a central white F7V star, and, farther out, a captured planet-less M3V dwarf. The capture event millions of years earlier doubtless stripped Asselus Primus B of any planets that might have formed with it. Asselus Primus is known for its high tech manufacturing. Also known as 23 Theta Bootis."

Aulis- Low population system of 3 million in Alliance space. Good candidate based on its variety in trade, mining, and planetary structure. In Aulis are a life like world with a moon named "Khan" with two orbitals (both large) surrounding the planet and moon (Each around 250 ls from drop). In addition to the orbitals, there are several large outposts on the moon and surrounding planets themselves, making this system very promising for its small size. There is also a gas giant farther out, with a good chance of contianing RES sites for bounty hunters, and a smaller station for resupply of fighters as well.

Eranin- This system is also in Alliance space, and has an earth like planet named Azeban. Surrounding it are a large and small orbital. Next planet out contains a planetary base that specializes in mineral extraction (potential for trade). The population is very low with a total of 450,000 in the system, however it is still quite wealthy. One downside includes a lack of a ringed planet, reducing bounty hunting capabilities.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Keone2 and Mabblies like this.
  2. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

A system with a planetary base and bounty hunting would be nice too
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  3. Fatman

Fatman Active Member

I like Don but I'm open to change. Keep me posted so I know where to shunt all my ships
  4. Obadiah Mayland

Don may be valid, we will just have to see upon return. Supposedly outside help from other CMDR's have arrived, so who knows!
    Fatman likes this.
  5. Obadiah Mayland

With the introduction of ship transfer in the next update, transferring our hub would be much easier if that is what you guys have in mind.
  6. Fatman

Fatman Active Member

Shunting us to a more populated area might make things interesting. Good or bad I couldn't say but interesting nontheless.
    Harder to sway things in our favour though
  7. Obadiah Mayland

Also, for those who do not know, a third federation faction moved into Don. A widespread faction known as the 53 Aquarii Alliance. So the 1 to 1 ratio of independent factions and federal faction may also contribute to our want to move away from Don...That said, I don't think it'd be a problem as long as we quickly took control and dissolved the independents of Don...This would be hard with Don's semi-large population. This was why I suggested two smaller pop systems. Smaller pop means less rich though. So we'll have to find a good middle ground..
  8. Fatman

Fatman Active Member

By your command
  9. Obadiah Mayland

We will put up an official poll as our crew gets back to habitated space (Probly in October), but until then, please, continue to keep your eyes peeled for potential systems we could host ourselves out of.
    Fatman likes this.
  10. Obadiah Mayland

Heads up! I am on my way back to the bubble as of today. At about the halfway mark I will make a new post on here (Yea I know it is dead, but hell with it.) I plead that all actives pilots keep watch on our discord chat and on the forums for when it is posted. Thanks!
    -CMDR Papa OJ
    Fatman and Jayce Wise like this.