Poll: Map

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RebelAmerica, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Which map?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2014.
  1. Metastation

40 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Current

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

150u Of thermite is overkill, just pour 5u at a time into a separate container and you would only need 1. (Would be worth having a spare though)
  2. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I never said full bottles, but yeah I see your strategy.
  3. Asheram

Asheram Active Member

Oh, I so want to try Metastation now. Imagine running as a Xeno through those tunnels.
  4. Jawn Mancer

Jawn Mancer LS13 Admin

Or have a dropper and an empty beaker. One bottle = 30 walls. Which is silly as fuck. Should somehow make it so walls require a certain amount of thermite to burn through, with R-Walls needing more.
    Ahbahl, kadingir and QuantumWings like this.
  5. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

I remember using a dropper and being unable to burn an R-wall with less than 5 units of thermite.
    But I'm not sure.
  6. Now security can catch people less woop woop.
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

To destroy a R-wall it should take 50 units of thermite. At least it wouldn't be as OP
    Infernus44 likes this.
  8. Gentlefood

Gentlefood New Member

If we switch to this map, will Nuke Ops get some of its old options back? Or a buff in another way? Otherwise that's a LOT of station to cover to get to the disk.
  9. Asheram

Asheram Active Member

Also a lot of station to hide in on a stealthy approach.
    Jayce Wise likes this.
  10. QuantumWings

Use a pin-pointer.
  11. Gentlefood

Gentlefood New Member

The problem won't be locating the disk. It will be getting the disk back out. Most nuke ops succeed or fail depending on how fast they can enter and leave the station.
  12. QuantumWings

[​IMG]
    kadingir, Killerone2, Asheram and 2 others like this.
  13. Gentlefood

Gentlefood New Member

Physical size isn't the problem, its the number of doors required to go through to get the disk. It looks like the number has doubled or even tripled. More spots for the AI to lock them down, More spots to get ambushed.
  14. Jayce Wise

Jayce Wise Head LS13 Admin Staff Member

They would be, however, more difficult to track. Overall I think that the increased distance that antags have to cover to complete their objectives would be balanced out by the greater ease of hiding. One way or another, we can't know for sure how gameplay on this other station will flow unless we try it out, which by no means has to be a permanent change. I think it would be worth it to give the map a try at the very least.
  15. Asheram

Asheram Active Member

Thermite works just as well as usual though.
    I'm personally very pleased with that the captains ID is a bit more protected.

Another fact I personally adore is the fact that the incinerator and speakeasy is placed right next to surgery.
    kadingir likes this.
  16. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Not at all, they can easily go into a maintenance tunnel then go into space. AIs don't have cameras in maintenance.

Besides this station mainly has big rooms and that shouldn't be trouble to move through. The only secret spots and winding tunnels will be in maintenance.
    Black Jack likes this.
  17. Killerone2

Killerone2 Active Member

I'm like 54 mins too late to vote. :(

Theirs a lot of doors that lead into mint, can I suggest less doors?
  18. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

[​IMG]
    The Doors lead into MINT!?!?!?
  19. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I'm really hoping this gets approved. The office spaces are so much nicer.
    Rob Ust and Asheram like this.
  20. zt107

zt107 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feeling about it, I feel like it improves use of space and wastes space at the same time, but I haven't seen 60 people run around it yet. I kinda like how heads of departments have big desks to imply that it's a desk job, which is more of what a heads job should be... keyword should.