Poll: Map

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RebelAmerica, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Which map?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2014.
  1. Metastation

40 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Current

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. RebelAmerica

RebelAmerica ForumGuard Staff Member

To change things up a bit, we've been thinking about changing the map to something different. Of course, since you guys are the ones that actually play on it, we need to do this poll first to see if yall actually want the map to change. The poll is between metastation(picture below) or the current map. Thanks for voting~ The poll will close in 5 days.

Metastation: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/858120/Static/SS13/MetaStation/13-12-02 18-33 MSv38N.png
    Infernus44 and Cody522 like this.
  2. Jawn Mancer

Jawn Mancer LS13 Admin

All in for a change.
    Eluxor, QuantumWings and Cody522 like this.
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

This.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

will this metastation be compatible with our versoin. (labor camps removed, perseus added)?
  5. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

I'm actually used to this map layout. It's very fun and what I started on, I never had any problem with it.

The change wouldn't bother me, I think that would buff the whole "2eezy to kill the AI" problem. I mean shit, look at the AI. It's a fucking fortress.
    Analloveisbest and QuantumWings like this.
  6. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

:D It is going to be so easy to break into perma once we get this map.
    And breaking out will be doable, not easy, but certainly doable.
  7. Dothal

Dothal Active Member

GIVE US ICE CREAM CART OR GIVE US DEATH!
    Infernus44 and Cyliz like this.
  8. SgtKumar

SgtKumar Perseus Commander #005 and Perseus Enforcer #023

I don't want this map. Way too big. NO ME GUSTA
  9. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

I LOVE THIS.
    PUT IT IN RIGHT AWAY.

THE VOTE IS A LANDSLIDEEEEEEEE

OH MY GOD THE PERMABRIG HAS ITS OWN KITCHEN AND GARDEN
    OH MY GOD SECRET ROOMS
    Eluxor, kadingir and Black Jack like this.
  10. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

If this map is going to be implemented, it'll definitely need a few changes.
    Kainen and QuantumWings like this.
  11. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

I like it, and it could give some new elements of gameplay, albeit it is pretty big but the security office in front of HoS Office look quite nice and big instead of that cramped area we got now, it also gives the appearance that the HoS/Warden can give speeches to the Officers before they protect the station. Singularity being so close to the AI could cause problems or not if it were to get loose and go east/south.
    All my yes!!!
  12. Raptorblaze

There's also a meeting space for the heads of staff with seating for an audience, if you look near the center. Pretty much all the offices are bigger/nicer.
    Black Jack likes this.
  13. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

I would definitely erase some of the potential powergame stuff like all the spare insulated gloves across the station. Chemistry should be given reinforced walls and stuff, the brig needs a 4th cell at least.

The way the map is right now and how powergamey our players are, there may be trouble
    Black Jack and QuantumWings like this.
  14. Raptorblaze

"Prisoner Education Chamber" Complete with a place for people to watch.
  15. Jawn Mancer

Jawn Mancer LS13 Admin

THE MAP HAS A MUSEUM, A DESERTED HOSPITAL TYPE ROOM AND A SPEAKEASY.
  16. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Security already has problems catching criminals on our map.
    Imagine how they will do on a map so huge, with so many rooms, alleys and maintenance.

Also, too much stuff in maintenance that anyone can grab.

The map is good, just not for our playerbase imo.
    Also, AI can be killed quite easily with a space suit, thermite, a good melee weapon and closets.

I prefer our actual map.
  17. Asheram

Asheram Active Member

A change Would be good, but as Tharinoma said, it's too freaking huge.
    Trying to find someone in the maintenance tunnels would be hell and security would have to really struggle.

((Also, there seems to be a few glaring design flaws on metastation. The AI core below the singularity generator?! It's like begging to be eaten if accidentally released!))

If we do make a change I'd appreciate it if you make it for only a trial month to see if our server culture is appropriate for this large and open a map.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  18. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

You know...WE do have a test server. Would probably be best to try it there, no?
    Asheram likes this.
  19. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Well-Known Member

meta is a fun map. there a room above cargo with ape man and xeno costumes along a bunch of vend restocking
  20. Asheram

Asheram Active Member

But would people go there enough? Metastation is recommended at 30+ people. It'd be a shame to split our population between two servers.