Perseus PMC Application #1 - James Warren (Agent1667) [Cadet Trial]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by Agent1667, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

BYOND KEY: Agent1667.

IC NAME: James Warren.

PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 667, 066, 166.

HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): No. I only have one BYOND account.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: No. Not that I can recall of. I checked my OOC notes, and I was banned once. It was in early 2013.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: Circa December 2012.

WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: Following Space Law, trying to create peace and order on the station. Giving a moderate level of Roleplay to properly play as the position (An officer would not be retarded, NanoTrasen would of been smarter about assigning a job to somebody.)

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: Once a day, at least. I try to get in my daily quota.

OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: 7. Nobody is perfect, but I do try as hard as I can to uphold Space Law, treat prisoners justly, and leaving permabrig for only the worse crimes that were completely cleared and confirmed to be true, because nobody should be left out of the round for an unjust reason.

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: I hate playing as one, and I hate seeing them. They are pretty annoying, and only are really useful to end a shift that is taking too long. Though, the occasional Xeno round can be pretty fun.

WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: To uphold Space Law, detain personnel that have committed a crime, enemies of NanoTrasen, and those who have committed a capital crime. Follow and listen to anybody who is above you (E.X: Heads, Perseus) and provide a fun and safe environment for the personnel on the station.

ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:

*You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jumpsuit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: Clown gets arrested for breaking law 202: Pick-Pocketing. I would ask him for his side of the story, and then I would return the jumpsuit to man / woman who was slipped and ask the man for his side of the story as well. Depending on the response, I would act accordingly.

*You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: A Xenomorph is a serious threat, and I would immediately call for backup, and if possible, alert Perseus. If I had a lethal weapon, I would attempt to save the librarian. If I didn't have one, then I would wait until after I had the proper backup to help me deal with the threat. If possible, I would attempt to save the librarian before he got gibbed by removing the parasite, with the help of Medbay of course.

*You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: Alert the Captain, as he is the only one above the HoS. Then I would ask the HoS why is he hurting a prisoner, and point out to him that Space Law does not allow that. If he proceeded to do that, I would restrain him until the Captain arrived. If there is no Captain, I would wait for another security officer or warden and get a second opinion. If nobody is active, then I would be forced to arrest the HoS for breaking law 201: Assault. After the Hos is secure, I would provide medical aid to the prisoner and send him out on his way with an apology.

ARE YOU CURRENTLY AN ADMIN, AND IF NOT-MIGHT YOU BE INTERESTED IN ADMINSHIP IN THE FUTURE?: I am not an admin, and I have no wish to be an admin in the future at the current time.

GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: I cannot think of one good moment that stands out, but I do remember one thing. It was a traitor round, and I was the Warden. I provided medical aid and nourishment to any prisoners that entered brig. I would also check on them constantly, ask about their opinions, and eventually befriended them to the point where they didn't come back to jail out of respect.

CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: I am a cookie kind of man. Therefore, your question is invalid and I substitute my own: Why not cookies?
  2. I've been pleased with what I've seen from you thus far, and will pay particular attention to your security play now that you have placed this app.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  3. Stingray540

Stingray540 LS13 Admin

I've seen some good work from you as Warden. I'd like to see some more work from you as an officer, however.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  4. Agent1667

This can be closed, I no longer wish to join Perseus at the current time. My internet is horrid, making it impossible to play security, and if I ever did make it to Perseus, I would probably be pretty bad because of my internet. The whole appeal to playing as Perseus kind of died off for me in the past few weeks as well, probably due to the fact that Perseus and Security get no love on the server, only constant hate. Being Security on this station is like attempting to police a country based on the ideals of Anarchism.

Despite this application being closed, I am still going to be playing as Security and will, as always, give 100%. I may reapply in the future, when I move and get better internet, or if the greytiding ever dies down.

Thanks.
  5. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Wise words I have found "It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward." -Make the analogy here, Security can get called shitcurity, wrecked and or raided. Despite the challenges you encounter and the mayhem going on, you're the stations hope to ensure the safety of others. You're a Security Officer, some could say a trooper and in the end, without your assistance another window would of been broken. I wish you the best of luck man, I'll see you around when I can.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  6. Agent1667

Thank you much. Unfortunately, the greytiding isn't the big issue. If it were, I wouldn't of asked my app to be closed. I usually have a download speed of 0.50 MBPS, and upload speed of 0.75 MBPS (Not exact, but usually somewhere around there), on a shared connection with two other computers and three phones. If I could get that issued resolved, which I cannot for at least another two years (I am currently a high school student) then I would be more than happy to reapply.
  7. This is a shame, as you're a good lad. Your commitment to goodsec regardless is admirable, however.
    Mabblies, Agent1667 and CYBORZ like this.
  8. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Thank you for your interest in Perseus and your dedication to excellence. If you wish to reapply, please get word to me to reopen this application.
    Agent1667 and Flatoftheblade like this.
  9. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Wow that two years went quickly!
  10. Agent1667

Reading the recent Perseus threads and seeing them around on the server (I've had a few good run-ins with them recently) has made me hit the peak of my interest, and I might as well go for it, even with horrible internet. Having an application open will also give me more incentive to play security and play it well, as well as other occupations.

I'm sorry I closed this in the first place, this must look very unprofessional. I sincerely apologize for seemingly wasting your time previously.
    Hattrick and Flatoftheblade like this.
  11. All good, man. You just wanted to be able to put your best food forward; I understand and I'm sure that most Perseus do as well. Regardless, I'm glad you have decided to give this your best shot and move forward even with the disadvantage of a poor Internet connection. Robustness is not the most important attribute as far as a Perseus applicants are concerned. As long as you do what is professional and ethical, we can forgive you getting clobbered every now and then.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  12. Agent1667

I felt as though I may of been unintentionally dishonest with my record, and I didn't know what exactly it was until recently.

http://puu.sh/fdnH5/4be364f4ae.png Here is the current list, and I would like to go over my notes.

I started playing SS13 around December 2012, and stuck with LLA in early 2013.

July 27, 2013. - I honestly have no idea, as it was a long time ago. But I was fairly new. I think I murdered a man at arrivals that attacked me first, though don't take my word on it.

August 2, 2013. - I'm sure everybody has made this mistake before. I am, of course, more cautious about this now.

August 3, 2013. - This guy was probably the most annoying person I ever met, and I snapped. I knew better.

August 12, 2013. - This was around the time I started to branch out in head positions, I wasn't really aware that giving out all access was bad. I don't do this anymore, of course.

August 13, 2013. - I called somebody a name IC wise, I think it may of been racist, I'm not sure. I thought it was only a rule for OOC, but I was wrong.

August 14, 2013. - I was in a Skype call with my friend (I didn't consider it metagaming until after, as we weren't talking much about the events of the round.). I was HoP, he was my personal assistant (Yes, you know what was going on there.) and I send him out of Toxins Launch. Me and him logged off after that to play some League of Legends. I came back several months later to see myself job banned. Appeal here: http://llagaming.net/forums/threads/james-warren-job-ban-appeal.1143/. I have not since metagamed.

December 30, 2014. - This was a misunderstanding where Sawyer and another dude were both traitors fighting eachother on shuttle command. I tried to help Sawyer after knocking him down with a disabler but another traitor in a mech killed him. I was then killed by the man in the mech. I was told that I wasn't going to receive an OOC note for this.

January 22, 2015. - It started with this one dude attacking me, and then I attacked back. A cyborg came into the picture, and I ran. I threw a couple of IED's to slow them down, which did work. I was warned for using so many bombs, which is completely understandable.

January 23, 2015. - This was during a ling round. These two guys (A clown and somebody whose name was Jax Cyborg, I think) were randomly slipping, flashing, cuffing, and then dragging people away. I was slipped and almost fully stripped, but was able to get away. I warned them TWICE that if they came for me again, then i'd kill them. They did, but I didn't. Later on, the CMO was being dragged away by them, so I took matters into my own hands and captured one of them. His buddy was chasing me down, so I decided to kill him so I could quickly take care of his friend, as I was in danger. I was warned for using excessive force, which I disagree with, as they were their antagonists or baiting REALLY hard. I wouldn't of killed the man if he and his buddy didn't chase me or randomly stun and cuff people. I believe some metagaming was going on, but didn't push the issue any further.

And that is everything, I don't think its too bad. I just wanted to bring this out because I said I wasn't banned before, which I thought I wasn't.
    General_Battier likes this.
  13. This one I'm curious about. Haha
    Mabblies and Agent1667 like this.
  14. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

I don't believe I told you I would not note you, if I did I am sorry. I believe what I said was along the lines of "you won't get punished". It was nowhere near serious enough for a ban, or even a stern slap on the wrist, but I noted it anyways just in case you began a habit of "accidentally" shooting people with disablers. As I stated in the note, it looked like an accident to me.

Also, keep in mind that notes are not everything. Some notes are just there in case a pattern of certain things starts to appear, you may not have even necessarily done anything wrong.
  15. Last round (I observed you but not for the whole round, so I'll just go by what I saw) you dealt with two very abusive prisoners, one of whom OOC in IC'd threatening to report you in an attempt to manipulate you into releasing him, the other of whom said "I fucked your mom last night." You kept a cool head, stood your ground, remained professional and respectful, and brushed aside the OOC in IC by staying in character and feigning ignorance of the terms he was speaking of. You used verbals to get consent to perform searches and achieved compliance on at least two occasions. There was a lot going on and you were pretty much the only security on (HoS was admin prisoned and banned and besides that all I saw was a detective) and you did a pretty good job of paying attention, prioritizing issues and dealing with as much as you could.

Good stuff, keep it up.
  16. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

I've worked with, and observed officer Warren on several occasions. I have never seen anything less than what I would consider excellent performance. One thing though, if you have to go brain dead in a locker, let the other officers know, so they (I) don't spend 30 minutes investigating your disappearance :p +1
  17. Agent1667

Heh, I thought I did. Sorry about that.
    Hattrick and LeJack like this.
  18. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

you might have, I tend to miss comms.
    Agent1667 likes this.
  19. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I really like how you made use of the security comment system which is heavily underused.
    Agent1667, LeJack and Flatoftheblade like this.
  20. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Do you think there are times when security may or should not follow space law to the letter? If yes, Why? When?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.