Perseus PMC Application #1 - Felix Feufer (isvash) [Cadeted]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by Felix Feufer, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

BYOND KEY: Isvash

IC NAME: Felix Feufer

PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): (1d999) 588 997 344

HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): I believe during the very beginning of my tenure playing Space Station 13, I used a second BYOND key "Vylne", from what I remember I believe I forgot this one's password, and made the second, and used it once or twice, but when I recovered "Isvash" I stopped using "Vylne" and havn't used it since.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: I just checked with Ancient, and took a look at my notes, and from what I can tell, I have never been banned from the server.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: Having checked when my BYOND account was made, I can say I've been playing since February 19 2012, with my temporary account "Vylne" being made February 21 2012.

WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: Having authority means to me that I should act in a responsible manner, follow any given order/rules given to be by my superiors, and above all else, treat everyone I encounter in an intelligent, forthcoming, polite manner.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: I play security in roughly 90% of my rounds, and I try to play atleast 8 or so shifts per week, although this is subject to change, with some days, having me play for 6 or so hours straight.

OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: I would rate myself a 7, I try to follow space law as much as possible, given reason, I give people warnings, instead of brig time whenever I see it as reasonable, and I attempt to treat all prisoners in a respectful, polite way. I only permabrig when the felon is either an enemy of the corporation, a murderer, with a clearly hostile intent (Not in self defense), or a repeat offender with multiple major crimes (Possession of deadly weapon, assault on an officer) after they've shown no intent to stop, been given ample warnings, and been told that the next time they're brought into the brig with the same charges, they'll be put into permabrig.

When it comes to how well I am at robustness, I would say it's tough to judge that by yourself, I've had my good and bad days, but I would say I'm at least average.

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: Xenomorphs are interesting to say the least... they can make or break a round, they're excellent at spicing up a slow multi-hour round, and they're seen so rarely that I couldn't really say that they're a problem.

WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: Security's role on the station is to uphold space law, attempt to defuse any possible encounters between the crew, and to protect the crew from possible threats (Xenomorphs, traitors, Nuke ops), while maintaining a professional attitude, and fair treatment of any criminals detained.

ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:

*You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: I would scold the clown telling him that this is as close to crossing the line as possible, while still remaining within a clown's job description, tell the clown to not strip anymore people on the station, or he'll be brigged for pick-pocketing. I would then approach the person who was slipped, tell them the situation has been dealt with, and ask for them to refrain from any vengeance against the clown.

*You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: I would immediately call for backup over security comms, alert the crew that aliens are on the station, and ask for the AI (given we have one, if not then a head of staff) to call the shuttle. I would then proceed to wait for backup, before engaging the alien.

*You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: I would ask the Head of Security what the prisoner did, and inform him that he appears to be being rough on the prisoner, I would contact the warden, and the other officers and inform them of this, and I would attempt to defuse the situation without having to rely on outside interference (Captain, Admins), if he refuses to stop being violent towards the prisoner, I would contact the captain, and tell him the situation, but I would not engage the Head of Security in a fight, as this would just lead to a split in security with half siding with the Head of Security, and half siding with me.

ARE YOU CURRENTLY AN ADMIN, AND IF NOT-MIGHT YOU BE INTERESTED IN ADMINSHIP IN THE FUTURE?: No, I am not an admin and at the time being; I am not interested in being an admin, but who knows what the future holds?

GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: I was playing as a security officer, and Perseus had just arrived on the station to hunt down a traitor, when we heard beeping from the courtroom. Perseus told everyone to evacuate the brig because of a bomb in the courtroom (The courtroom was blocked with walls), I proceeded to run into the security office, put on the EOD suit, grab the tools, and begin to dismantle the wall, blocking access to the bomb. The bomb exploded before I could get to it, and Perseus dragged me away from the explosion (I had taken relatively minor damage), and I said I was deaf, and one of the enforcers gave me a thumbs up, before leaving to continue with their assignment. At the end of the round, on the shuttle after it had departed and was heading for Centcomm, the same traitor placed a syndicate bomb inside the cockpit, while everyone was lynching the traitor, I ran in, pulled the bomb, and was attempting to space it, I was having trouble spacing it alone, and Afro Joe ran from the side, pushed the bomb out, and space himself in the process. After the round ended Wellington named me MVP of the round, though I said, that the true MVP was the unsung hero of Afro Joe.

CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: I would have to go with pie, in my opinion Pumpkin pie is the best dessert of all time, and deserves to be the Dessert King. Also, I love statistics, and there is no Cake graph, only a Pie graph.

EDIT: Minor grammar error in
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?* corrected.
  2. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity.

I will be watching. Felix.
  3. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I've seen and heard good things about you, I will be watching more often. for now i will comment on only one thing from your application
    :) I like this.
    Mindtrixx likes this.
  4. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Thank you Flavo!
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

We'll be watching.
  6. You're one regular sec player who I know will be pretty solidly reliable, who I won't have to micromanage and correct, and who will be an asset rather than a detriment to the team. Beyond the awesome bomb-spacing thing I haven't seen you play too much security lately, so I look forward to this app giving you cause to play some sec with me more over the coming weeks.
  7. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Thanks Flat, yea, I havn't been playing the game at all to much recently, been taking a bit of a break to play some other games, but I'm going to start playing some more once again.
  8. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to work with you as security again.
  9. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Seen some good things from you.
    Felix Feufer likes this.
  10. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Thanks everyone so far for the compliments!
  11. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

don't join perseus please, we need good security staying in security. seriously
    Hattrick and QuantumWings like this.
  12. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'll still play sec Cody, don't worry, if I make it security will still be my primary focus.
    Hattrick likes this.
  13. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Good sec player, like him OOC, +1.
  14. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Thanks JPR!
    Don't forget to make the map for monday ;)
  15. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

OH PLEASE NO. I HAVE SO MUCH WORK I HAVE TO DO TO GET READY FOR CAMP :(
  16. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

I have seen Felix as HoS twice now. He is very efficient at what he does, and has a good thinker in his noggin. For example! to see if I told the truth when I said a clown broke a bottle of whiskey over my head, he took a lighter to me, and tested to see if I was flammable. I was, and he put me out, and let me go without a prob! He is an alright guy, and I from what I have seen, I have no opposition of him joining the most robust crew I know.
    Hattrick likes this.
  17. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Okay, I've been told I should probably elaborate on this, I was waiting for someone else to question me on it, seeing as I don't want to spam the app with a post every other post.

Okay, Obadiah and I from how I interpreted it were doing a bit of role-playing I had arrested him because I walked into medbay, and I found Obadiah chasing the clown out beating him with some weapon of some type, (can't remember what it was, it was an improvised weapon however.) I cuff Obadiah, and bring him in for questioning, he says that the clown shattered an alcoholic bottle on his head, and that he was defending himself, I shift-examined, and saw he was flammable when I initially arrested him, (Doesn't really make too much sense to me that I could see that something's flammable.) as I had no other pressing matters I decided to RP with Obadiah a little bit, I asked him if he would permit to me testing if the liquid was flammable. (He was wearing an atmosphere rig suit, so I wasn't worried about him being harmed from the flame.) I asked Obadiah multiple times to make sure he understood what he was consenting to, he agreed, I went to grab a fire extinguisher and came back, asked if I could borrow his welder, he permitted to this as well, I readied both items, hit him with the welder, then instantly put him out, he took next to no damage, if any, and any damage he took was from the welder which he consented to, I immediately uncuffed Obadiah, apologized for the arrest, and let him go, he seemed to be in a fairly happy mood with what transpired, and I thought we both had fun out of the circumstances. I immediately set the clown to arrest, and one of my officer's brought him in.

The point that was brought up was that Obadiah might have been sarcastic with this support, while I cannot speak for Obadiah, I don't believe this to be sarcasm, as we both had fun with a little RP.

I looked at the situation, and saw the opportunity for both sides to have a bit of fun, I saw no risk of danger, I asked if he wanted to engage in the role-play, he consented, and we had a bit of fun.
  18. Heh. Glad it was clarified. To be honest we were all like "uh...does he not know how to shift+click?"
  19. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Note!: I would like to back up Felix in saying that my funny story was not meant to be taken at face value, and I apologize for not selecting a more appropriate one for this app. Felix is still held in high regard by me as a sec officer, and has my support

MORE NOTE:
    YES HE KNOWS HOW TO USE SHIFT+CLICK
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  20. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

I was observing you about a week ago, during a particularly long and chaotic round. You were the HOS, and seemed to be dealing with 3 different things at any given time. You didn't seem overwhelmed, nor did you slow your pace. I was impressed.
    Hattrick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.