Pepsi_Blue_Fan's Apprenticeship application.

Discussion in 'Project Lead Apprenticeship (CLOSED)' started by PepsiBlueFan, Feb 3, 2015.

1. PepsiBlueFan

PepsiBlueFan Active Member

Note: The color on the forum is kind of wonky so please don't be OCD about the color.
    DEMOGRAPHICS
    ByondKey: Pepsi_Blue_Fan
    Years with LLA: 3-4
    Country of Origin: The great United States of America.

Time Zone: Pacific time
    Admin Rank (if applicable): Ex-Primary Administrator and current awesome player.

ABOUT YOU

What skills and knowledge sets you apart from other applicants and makes you valuable?
    Well, I have previous experience as an admin on here. I owned multiple websites and currently own gopressnews.com. I am working on my networking education and working on my CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate). I worked as leader for this one language forum where I took the users questions and answered them plus promoted the forum. I am an owner of a steam group called Hot and Prime where we play competitive counter strike. I have a high school diploma.

Tell me a story about the time you disappointed yourself most, and what you learned from it.
    I have disappointed myself more times than I can count. However, one of the most embarrassing ones in this community that I personally made as an admin is when I banned someone for blocking a pod in arrivals with a table. I learned that I shouldn't make such rash decisions and learned not to make retarded decisions.

What's your favorite color? I like blue on my future Lamborghini.

What's your favorite number? 1989 because that’s the year dragon ball z was born and when I was born.
    What's your favorite video game? I have lots of favorite video games! I really like Counter Strike Global Offense, Bioshock Series, Racing games, adventure games, simulators and just funny games in general.

What's your favorite film? I like full metal jacket

What number am I thinking of right now? I bet you five bucks you aren't thinking of a number right now.
    Look to your left, what do you see there? Myself in this apprentice ship enjoying every moment of it.
    Do you know where my keys are? Why would I know that? I ain’t a stalker. : D
    Have you ever been a babysitter, or babysat before? No to both..Does my own niece, nephew, and little sister count?
    Do you think this application is too short? I believe it is longer than most job applications.
    HYPOTHETICALS

Two admin are fighting, the headmin is offline, you can't reach me by phone, what do? Depends, do I have authority over them? I will try to calm them down. If they don’t I will simply just save the logs for later review. Then either the headmin/deputy/Don can then decide what to do from there.
    You have a decision to make, and both answers are wrong. which one do you pick? It depends, is it a decision I have to make on paper or a conflict involving people? I wouldn't pick either since they are both wrong (Unless my life or another depended on it). Why would I choose a wrong answer? Look for the right decision.
    You are tasked with writing an application question for your own application. What question would you write, and what would you answer? I would add “How much do you hate nazis?” then I would answer “More than you can possibly imagine. If they ruled the world today I would surely be dead. Either by fighting them or them just figuring out I had a disability and killed me.”
    You are a kid again and your parents caught you doing something wrong. They ask you what you think your punishment should be, how would you respond? I am a kid again? I would be in total shock and see it as a blessed miracle. I would ask for my parents to send me to both of my aunt’s houses over the weekend. Then I can warn them they are going to have cancer in the future and try to save them from dying.

Tell me about a time you didn't have to make a difficult decision and what you didn't do to resolve it.I was watching my sister making an animal jam video. I just looked and didn't have to resolve anything.
    You are filling out an application for an apprenticeship for LLA Don Zombie, you come to a question that asks you to imagine you are doing that hypothetically, how would you answer? Answer it how it’s supposed to be answered.
    You have 22 seconds of air in your sinking submarine, 3 matches, a loaf of bread, an admin, and a player. How do you spend your final moments? Put the bread on the floor with a match in my hair and in both hands. I would light them and try to do a ritual to get the admin to have pitty on me and teleport me out of the submarine.
    Chaznoodles and Keone2 like this.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I've noticed several errors with this application, Did you read the template?
  3. PepsiBlueFan

I changed the colors back to normal. I forgot to put that number by my thread. Can't edit the thread name so oh well I guess.
  4. Hey dude. You're a really good player and community member, but a while back you closed your Perseus app, citing IRL obligations. You didn't reopen it. What has changed and why are you suddenly interested in a position requiring this much time commitment?
    Rocco Ward, Cody522 and Mindtrixx like this.
  5. PepsiBlueFan

You know honestly I don't expect this to be actually accepted. So I just threw one in here just because this section was looking lonely. Plus, I don't want to deal with community rage if I was actually accepted and a certain member who obviously deserves it didn't get it.
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

You have to evaluate these sorts of applications at face value. What's stated, who stated, how they stated it, and why?

You appeared to care enough to state that there were some issues in your application and that you fixed them, other than the issue with your title.
  7. PepsiBlueFan

There are tons of issues with my application. I am not going to pretend they aren't there. Honestly, I feel bad about posting such a low quality application and knowing it was such. I have sent a written apology to Don for this as I've felt I disrespected him.
    Nat_Mortland and Cody522 like this.
  8. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

I enjoyed your application. I was not insulted at all, rather glad that you put yourself out there.
    IMVader likes this.
  9. PepsiBlueFan

Thanks Don. I look to you, LWS, Taicho, Adam, Hattrick and Wellington as my role models. I know what kind of time and dedication is needed for this apprenticeship. It is a pretty big boot to fill. As project lead you need your men to trust you, and to have their back during tough times. The community needs to trust you in the position; as you are the one answering to them. Needing to make decisions that aren't always black and white. You need to look at the big picture and with the communities input to decide where the project will go in the grand scheme of things.

The wrong person could think "Well, since I am project lead I can just do whatever I want since I have no real boss.". This couldn't be further from the truth as the whole community is the balance. They can take it away from you just as fast as it was given to you. This might be a little cliche but with big power comes big responsibility. It is not a position to be taken lightly and it certainly isn't for everyone. I also believe you have to be a top role model as you are the face of the SS13 community.
    General_Battier likes this.
  10. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

:oops:
    Stawp. You are making me blush. I'm just a guy enjoying a game with his friends.
    NoFaceMan, Mabblies, IMVader and 4 others like this.
  11. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

im blushing
    make him project lead...
  12. Nat_Mortland

Nat_Mortland Active Member

me too
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  13. PepsiBlueFan

You know what, since I have this thread open I am just going to throw in what I would do as project lead.

1. I would offer Drache a position as head coder since our Spoofy left us. I feel Drache deserves that position and as a reward for working so hard.

2. Wellington would be my partner. His experience and insights are extremely valuable; I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. Since there are no problems with the current staff or policies (that I am aware of) all of that would remain the same. It would be business as usual.

4. I really love how Cactus is adding stuff to the current source to make us different from the other space station 13 servers. I would be particularly interested in adding special things that make us unique and have our own brand of fun.

5. Listen to the community and consider their input on issues and ideas regrading the server. I would interact with them as much as I can while fulling my duties as well.

Those are the main five things for the short term. There is a lot other things to consider but we will tackle them when the opportunity presents itself.
    Black Jack and IMVader like this.
  14. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Having asked Wellington this, I feel it is only fair that I ask other candidates.