PenguinFisher's Perseus App. [Closed]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by PenguinFisher, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

BYOND KEY: PenguinFisher
    IC NAME: Gulliver Mason/Commander Honks
    PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 245, 017, 347
    HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WAS IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): nah
    HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: Not recently, I played LLA a lot about a year and a half ago and got banned for other reasons as my old character Billy Horrible. I don't think the offences were too severe, maybe they're in a log somewhere I dunno. EDIT: IT was this key.
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: 2 or 3 years now.
    WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: In this 2d spaceman game, stopping the shitheads from ruining an innocent person's day.
    HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: Not a lot, but that can change.
    OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: 8. I don't get my stuff stolen and I don't waste my whole taser clip on one guy. But I have a problem when managing multiple people in the brig at one time.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: SCRAWWW.
    WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: Their technical role is to protect the station and stop the antags, but what really happens is people are like "oh my gosh this class spawns with a gun let's shoot people!"
    ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:
    *You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: Laugh. Then tell the clown to knock it off or I'll give him a timeout.
    *You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: Shoot the alien with whatever I can then call for backup on the radio.
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: Ask him/her "why?" Then go get blackout drunk at the bar when I get demoted for incompetence.
    ARE YOU CURRENTLY AN ADMIN, AND IF NOT-MIGHT YOU BE INTERESTED IN ADMINSHIP IN THE FUTURE?:No.
    GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: I once stopped a riot in the bar with another security dude to help me. There were about 7 or 8 people in there smashing bottles on eachother's heads while shouting "DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!". We tossed a couple flashbangs and bucklecuffed everyone to a chair. One by one we took them all to the brig to serve their one minute in jail for assault because justice.
    CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: Cookies are better.
  2. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Do you feel this application is as long as it needs to be to become an Enforcer?

Also, if you were banned from LLA, was it under this current key?
  3. Jrjojo

Jrjojo New Member

Sign him up now!
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

are you the Gulliver Mason who throwing constant flash bangs at people in the maintenance bar after having beaten them to severe bruising? What was that about?

Sell me him.
  5. I'll keep an eye out for your security play. I was one of the enforcers who had the foam crossbow showdown with you, and can at least say it was a pleasure having you on the *other* side of the glass. ;)
  6. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

Okay that was bullshit from earlier today. I walked into maint and saw someone at the abandoned bar, so I said hello. The guy in there thunked me with a fire extinguisher, so I threw a punch at him. And so it goes back in forth fist fights. I got ahold of a box of flashbangs and decided there was nothing better to do than annoy those bullies.
  7. Were you in a security role at the time?
  8. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

No I was an assistant.
    QuantumWings and Flatoftheblade like this.
  9. Alright, well in that case I personally view said incident as irrelevant to your Perseus app and will judge you based on your security play. We have a lot of enforcers who alternate between great goodsec players and shady, violent assistant characters.
  10. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I just wanted some clarification because that is my first impression of you unfortunately, I haven't seen anything else so i'll be watching.

JRJOJO, i still would like some context
  11. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

That's terrible. normally I don't go to those extremes, but as Faltoftheblade said earlier I'm one of those violent assistant characters but a well mannered security player.
  12. Jrjojo

Jrjojo New Member

I was just kidding. I thought he was too. Oh my.
  13. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

Apologies for not playing on the server the past couple of days, I've had real life issues I've been dealing with.
  14. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

Howdy - you still interested?
  15. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

Hell yeah. Sorry I didn't check up on this thread, thought it died long time ago.

As a note I've also changed my IC name from Gulliver to Billy Horrible/Scruby Jenkins/Commander Honks
    Hattrick likes this.
  16. TheJuicyFruit

TheJuicyFruit Well-Known Member

I haven't seen you yet, but the answers provided, to me at least, don't paint the picture of a very good enforcer, in addition to being somewhat barebones.

EDIT: I'll try to observe you if you're still playing security.
  17. PenguinFisher

PenguinFisher New Member

I'm typing this as I'm in the car, but as a note I won't be playing on the server for a week and a half or so. Currently on vacation.
  18. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

For your return from vacation i noticed something off about your application involving one of your answers as it didn't really meet the criteria of the question, could you point out what I'm talking about?
  19. Hattrick

Hattrick Perseus Captain Staff Member

I'd really need to know more about those bans.
  20. Hi PenguinFisher. I had a question for you.

You are the subject of complaint in this incident report, correct? http://llagaming.net/forums/threads/billy-horrible.3835/

I was wondering, while it was determined that you did not violate Space Law or server rules in this incident, would you handle a similar situation in the same way in the future? If not, what what you do differently with the benefit of hindsight?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.