Official Statement: Probably Baron

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LLA Don Zombie, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

2. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

kadingir and Eluxor like this.
  3. Staff here have been quite...I wouldn't say "tolerant of" (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten some justified talking-tos and a shoutbox ban), but "patient with" my salty side.

For something like this to be the immediate response to the actions of an established regular who was previously in good standing...I have no doubt that Baron must have done something *very* out of line. LLA admins don't do this willy-nilly.

I also think we should all let this lie. Sounds like any further explanation is likely to revictimize a victim. And I don't think anyone else here needs clarity about what not to do for their own sake to avoid a ban, since whatever Baron did to warrant this has to be something few people are likely to ever do and is presumably common sense inappropriate.
  4. Dio Brando

Dio Brando New Member

considering what they've done i wouldn't reccomend that.
  5. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

If i ever find out what they did then i can judge them, until then baron is still my mate.
    Agent1667, NoFaceMan and IMVader like this.
  6. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

It's recommended you don't. To the rest of you, thanks for yer understanding. You're champs.
  7. Dio Brando

Dio Brando New Member

i think i feel comfortable with telling people what they did to me in private if anyone wants that.
    IMVader, Agent1667 and NoFaceMan like this.
  8. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

That's up to your discretion, feel free to shoot me a message if you need anything.

Edit: I meant Dio specifically can message me. Do not PM me asking for details because I will not be providing any.
  9. Cody522

Out of respect for those who have been involved, I agree with this. You would rather not know anyways. From what I heard, I wish I didn't know a LLA member was a part of this.
  10. Keone2

Keone2 Active Member

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Well now I don't care about the specifics. I'm just glad that the person involved seems to be okay. I haven't seen you around personally, but I'd like you to know that what ever happened is not commonplace in LLA, I'm thrilled to see that this was dealt with, and I hope this hasn't affected you too poorly.

Glad you're alright, amigo. Take care.
  12. Yeah, to anyone who doesn't know the details, you probably don't want to (I heard things through the grapevine). And it makes me agree that the privacy of people involved should be respected. If Dio wants to fill people in, that's his decision, but please let's all be tactful about this.

I would just like to express my thanks to the admins for dealing with this promptly. And just trust the staff that the measures they took were more than justified in this instance. This is not what LLA is about.
  13. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I too heard about it though the grapevine.
    I fully agree with the admin's decision, and am gratified that they responded so quickly.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  14. Cody522

With the whole admin team knowing, it would be inevitable for it to leak :p.
    Those adminchat spies.
  15. I did not hear about it from an admin. They were pretty tight-lipped.

Granted I never asked. But I wouldn't assume they were responsible for that (unless you received info from an admin personally).
  16. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Same here. I was not told by an admin... unless he's a SECRET ADMIN! *gasp*
  17. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Just something i wondered about, has an admin spoken to baron about all this?
  18. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Spoiler: everyone you've ever trusted is secretly an admin out to ban you.

But no, really. I'm less than surprised if a non-admin who was aware of the situation spilled details.
  19. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

Well, with the big official announcement but also the lack of actual details, you're pretty much asking for the rumor mill. Honestly it might've been a better course of action to just quietly handle this, notify involved parties, then make like Nanking and pretend it never happened.
    NoFaceMan and Keyword22 like this.
  20. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Thats saying people didnt know them.
    NoFaceMan and Kneeskeysllama like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.