Official Statement: Probably Baron

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LLA Don Zombie, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

Some people have been asking questions about the removal of the user Probably Baron. Today we received multiple sources alleging counts of harassment and abuse from his persons to others within the community. We have seen evidence and decided that at this time he would be permanently banned from the community to protect our other users. To respect the privacy of victims we will not be releasing the alleged victims or the extend of the incident or intimate details. It has been a sad and stressful day for everyone involved but know that we are taking all necessary steps to protect our users from this kind of attack. Thank you guys for your patience and understanding. I may release more info edited into this thread later if is found to be pertinent, particularly after I receive feedback from an ethical consultation we have underway.
    Rannek17, Mabblies, JPR and 13 others like this.
  2. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

So many likes

"Good riddance!" - Everyone, probably
  3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm completely confused. Did I miss something?
  4. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Wait, wut?
    IMVader, NoFaceMan and Devon like this.
  5. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

It's all fun and games until someone gets dox'd.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  6. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Are you implying that Baron Doc dropped people?
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  7. Psyentific

The only thing I know for certain is what's in the OP.

However, I'm speculating that, in order to recieve an apparently-fairly-rare permaban, it must have been some serious shit. So immediately, we can discount "wah wah he called me names", up to and including spamming PMs with "go kill yourself faggot" or related.
    The only thing I can think of that would warrant an immediate and public permaban are credible threats to another person's well-being, taking the time and effort to dig up someone's IRL details, or similar serious breaches of netquette. Sexual harassment, blackmailing or IRL action are also on the table.

Nobody, and I mean nobody gets banned for simply being unpleasant outside of the most sensitive parts of the internet.
  8. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

9. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Fair points, only thing we can do is speculate up until we get an official reason, if we will.
    Kneeskeysllama, Devon and NoFaceMan like this.
  10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I think people would prefer to keep this quiet for various reasons. We should be prepared to understand if it turns out that it was a very sensitive matter that shouldn't be specifically discussed so no one becomes embarrassed or targeted for their role in the event.

I am still interested in hearing what actions could potentially lead to a permaban from LLA -and- its forums. I rough list of, "Don't DDoS us, don't assault players in their homes and stalk them through our games or forums, don't sexually harass anyone" could be useful in order to avoid events this serious coming up again.
    NoFaceMan and Kneeskeysllama like this.
  11. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

All I'd like is "(s)he did ______." I don't see a need to mention any names at all.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  12. Psyentific

If they were going to give us a reason, it would have been in the OP.

Thus, we're not going to get one. Regrettable, but understandable.
  13. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

14. kadingir

kadingir The Guide

Wait what, but baron was nice...
    Does someone at least have their skype? i'd like to keep in contact with them since i considered them to be a mate to some extent.
    Kneeskeysllama and NoFaceMan like this.
  15. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

It was posted because people were asking question's about why he was removed from the community. Trust me that the incident is bad enough that the entire admin team agreed without a shadow of a doubt that this was a necessary step. That practically never happens. Unfortunately ethical and protective censors have to be in play, making it particularly ominous.
  16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm concerned.
    kadingir likes this.
  17. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

Terrible IE prevents me from quoting, but damn, if it's that bad I'm amazed. Sounds like some illegal stuff goin' on. Thanks for being as forthright as possible in the matter.
    Kneeskeysllama and NoFaceMan like this.
  18. Unfortunate, I thought was friends with baron, but what's done is done.
    NoFaceMan and Kneeskeysllama like this.
  19. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

20. for reference probablybaron is CyborgMedley/Baron Archil on the server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.