Official List of Grand Theft Items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emanz, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neron

Neron Member

I agree.
    Permbrigging someone over a stupid hypospray or something? Please, don't.
    And please, don't add every item that traitor may have to steal. Or else stealing slime extract will be pbrig worthy..
  2. Pingytalk

Pingytalk Member

The definition of grand theft isn't "will it ruin someones round".
    Thermals are important to the detective, sure, but so is his ID, and thats legitimate to steal without grand theft charges.

By "will it ruin someones round", by that argument ALL ID's should be permabriggable. Or jumpsuits.
    Yes thermals are unique, yes they might ruin someones round to steal them; its briggable but PERMA? Not in my opinion.
  3. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

The hypospray is the CMO's most prized possession. It's cutting edge technology, able to rapidly inject people with chemicals.
    It's also a traitor objective. I see no reason why you can't permabrig over it.
    QuantumWings, Infernus44 and Rob Ust like this.
  4. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Just wanna remind everyone that if you have normal access to a grand theft item then its not grand theft. Security can't tell you how to use your own possessions. (I've been perma'd by security for having the NASA voidsuits as CE before)
    Emanz and Rob Ust like this.
  5. Shadowcoat Reko

Shadowcoat Reko Active Member

Everything that a traitor needs shouldn't be made Pbriggable, just because they need it. Also stealing HoP's ID wasn't Permabriggable before.
    Why're the thermals perma-briggable? They're owned by a detective, who isn't even considered a head of staff, or any rank of "significance" in the station command line. Making everything that's actually decent, perma-briggable is a tad over the top, wouldn't you say?

And shouldn't perseus gear, be a Perseus matter. Over which perseus, will probably hunt you down and stick you in Mycenae for...
    Otherwise, next think you know: 'CLOWN STOLE THE CORGI, PBRIG HIM GIAZ!'. Which really doesn't make all that much sense, also it should be made distinctive if someone makes a RCD, then it's not theft, and security shouldn't be perma-brigging them.

Smaller-side-summary
    I don't believe that we should gear space law, towards traitors, in such a way where it's a clear... How do i put it? They need this, therefore it's perma-brig worthy. As the item itself may have little, or no relevance/value to the station.

And i agree with Crow, perma-brigging is basically worse than death. As you get zero communication with anyone, and there's no "escape". Especially for non-traitors. Where in death, you may be revived, P-brig is eternal. And guess what, if you suicided to be able to watch the round, or talk to someone instead of do nothing in P-brig. You can't ever be revived! (cloned). When someone's being permabrigged, unless they've got a friend, or they've plans for that. They're generally screwd, and would probably have better chances being spaced, atleast half the time.
  6. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Not having thermals in no way prevents the detective from doing his job. It just prevents him from seeing people through walls. He can still play just fine.

You guys do realize there was a time where thermals ceased to exist? And everybody got along just fine? Thermals are far from a necessity, and losing them really doesn't ruin rounds.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

Here is a image of our space law's definition of grand theft. http://puu.sh/8n3w0/485e39c866.png "Captain or HoP's ID's.
    Raptorblaze likes this.
  8. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Beat me to saying it. Both the Captain and HoP IDs are grand theft because they allow the creation of all-access IDs or grant all access themselves.
  9. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

No, it's not round ruining. But the person who has stolen them has an advantage they shouldn't have nor need unless they are up to no good (Read: Traitor searching for his target through walls). Permabrigging for a theft like the thermal goggles considering there is only two on the station does not sound unreasonable. They are important to security, and as such should have offences similar to raiding the armoury.
    Black Jack likes this.
  10. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

Was talking about his ID.
  11. Emanz

Emanz Well-Known Member

We have some suggestions to look over, Im going to lock this thread until we decide what to implement
    Rob Ust likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.