Official List of Grand Theft Items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Emanz, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emanz

Emanz Well-Known Member

Hello guys the fellow heads of staff and myself have gone over a list of items that would count as "grand theft" and can result in your permabrigging.

Captains, Head of Personal and Head of Security ID's
    Albative/Bulletproof Armor
    Thermal Vision Goggles
    Captain's Antique Laser
    Captain's Armor
    RCD
    CE's Hardsuit
    The AI
    Reactive Teleport Armor
    Perseus Equipment
    Nuke Disk
    Station Blueprints
    Hypospray
    Hand Teleporter
    Mechs
    Nasa Voidsuit

If you have any suggestions to this list, post them in here with a good reason and We will consider them. All nonsense posts in this will be deleted
    sauwit likes this.
  2. "Captains, Head of Personal and Head of Security ID's"

Just for the purpose of clarity, I assume this also extends to custom all access (or extremely high access) IDs created through the ID modification console? And if the HoP creates such IDs and hands them out without authorization, is the HoP guilty, the recipient guilty, or both parties?
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Thermal goggles, CE's hardsuit and teleporter armor seem like too much.
  4. Other items for consideration:

- Hand teleporter
    - Jetpack
    - Magboots
    - Plasma
    - Slime extract
    - Medal of captaincy
    - Ian/Corgi Meat
    - Hypospray

Given that they are also syndicate theft targets and it seems odd to me that some such items would fall under this category and others would not. If these do not fall under "grand theft," it would be appreciated if there could be clarification as to why. It especially seems weird to me that an item like thermal goggles (which is neither a syndie high-risk item or particularly dangerous in the wrong hands) qualifies but none of these do.
    Rob Ust and PoliticalPikachu like this.
  5. zt107

zt107 Well-Known Member

Magboots, Hand Tele and Hypo I'd say yes to.
    Rob Ust likes this.
  6. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

If the nuclear disk falls under grand theft, shouldn't the pinpointer to the nuclear disk also fall under it? Considering there is only one on the station (Unless it's Nuke Ops) and it starts in the Captain's office.
    NoFaceMan and Rob Ust like this.
  7. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

I say no to the HoS ID. Only ID's that can modify another ID is grand theft. Space law is VERY specific about what IDs are grand theft.
    Rocco Ward and Flatoftheblade like this.
  8. Emanz

Emanz Well-Known Member

The HOS ID is included for the fact if opens the armory giving access to a whole host of weapons.

Magboots, Hand Tele and Hypo I have tossed before the heads of staff , will update when I hear back from
    Rob Ust and Saint Vicious like this.
  9. Then why is the warden's ID not included?
    NoFaceMan and Rob Ust like this.
  10. Emanz

Emanz Well-Known Member

I can ask about the wardens ID if it makes you feel any better?
  11. TheBawzz

TheBawzz Member

How bout some heads' lockers?
  12. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Galoshes anybody?! ;)
  13. Pingytalk

Pingytalk Member

Thermals make no sense. These are things you might accidently steal off a detective, or the detective might give out to a sec officer. They aren't even traitor objectives iirc.
    HoS ID shouldn't be grand theft, either. Otherwise Warden has to be grand theft which makes 0 sense. Less crimes + harder punishments is the way to go in my opinion.
    Remember, this means the random guy who tackles the detective after being shot is now permabriggable. I just think thats too much.
    Cody522 likes this.
  14. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

[​IMG]
    Nope, I think it should stay. Fits that description perfectly.
  15. Pingytalk

Pingytalk Member

Why are thermals sensitive/high value?
    (HoS ID is more iffy, but it certainly isn't nearly as powerful as HoP/captain ID)
  16. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

What about security ID's? They still have access to weapons.
  17. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

Before we start adding every important item on the station to the list to qualify people to be permanently brigged or executed. Do we really want this much potential to utterly end peoples rounds? For theft? Yeah, these items might be important, but practically round-ending is a bit extreme for things like the CE's jumpsuit, teleport armor, thermals, and bullet-proof vests.

Looking at these lists, I steal at least one of these items almost every round, and I'm pretty sure they're immensely commonly stolen by a large population. I understand the increasing desire from some people to see security be more harsh, but I think we should be far more careful when we start considering things that have the frequent potential to utterly end the rounds of a fairly large percentage of our population..Constantly.
  18. Pingytalk

Pingytalk Member

I agree with CannibalCrow; its not fun to have your round ruined for stealing from the *detective*. Thats not grand theft, thats petty.
  19. Infernus44

Infernus44 Well-Known Member

But it is not round ruining to prevent the detective from doing his job?
    Ahbahl, Emanz and Rob Ust like this.
  20. Rob Ust

Rob Ust Active Member

It is. There are only two pair of thermals on the station. The thermals are also the detectives most prized possession, And without them he can't do much. Also the description of Grand theft says "To steal items of high value or sensitive nature, I think thermals fits that description perfect.
    Emanz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.