Archived Objective #1: Get dat cash money

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by Raptor, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Do you think an amount of space cash should be a potential traitor objective?

1. Yes, that sounds cool!

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No, here's why...

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

It seems to me like space cash doesn't hold much value except for a few apps you can buy for your tablet. I think it would be cool if there was a possible objective for a traitor to have that would go along the lines of: "Steal X,000 space cash." Then traitors would have to steal people's tablets to deposit money from them and stuff like that. In addition, there could be some extra cash in the vault to steal.
    So really I guess what I want... is my PAYDAY.
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, I think this would be a cool addition. Thoughts?
    Nat_Mortland and NoFaceMan like this.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Seeing how i added a value variable to the space cashes in order for them to function in tablets. This is possible.
    Ahbahl and Raptor like this.
  3. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

This doesn't look that hard to accomplish, since dorms is filled with cash.(Or at least was when I last looked)
  4. Tharinoma

Tharinoma LS13 Admin

Since when are traitor objectives hard to accomplish? >_>
  5. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

I figured it would be a rather high amount, so it would be impossible to accomplish without stealing from either the vault or people's tablets.
    IMVader likes this.
  6. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Just remove the cash from the dorms wallets. You'll find 500 cash notes in there.
  7. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

1000-10 spess cash x4 is there.
  8. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I don't think so, because, as far as I know, we don't really have a good handle on cash AMOUNTS. One round, dorms could have $4000, the next $40. Also, don't tablets only have $20 on them? But yeah, fix the spess cash on station, and set it to where you have to rob... 4-6 people to make ends meet, and I'd like this, just not as it is now.
    QuantumWings and Raptor like this.
  9. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

I agree, the amount of cash obtainable as it is wouldn't work too well with this because the range is just far too broad. If there were a set amount on the station, it would be better.
  10. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

Keep posting suggestions I'll see what I can do.
  11. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

Well, let's lay it all out.
    • First of all, the range of potential money that spawns on the station should be reduced, so that you can't get a large portion of your objective by sheer luck, but no matter what amount you get out of it, if you were to collect it all, it would help.
    • Next, there should be a large amount of space cash in a crate (or maybe in a safe) in the vault, giving traitors another thing to bust into it for.
    • In addition, players should start with slightly more cash in their tablets-- or better yet, have the amount of money be level with what job they have (for example, an assistant would be very poor while a head of staff would be relatively wealthy.)
    This will promote traitors to "mug" people for their tablets to gradually build up a sum of money, or try to pull a big break-in of the vault for a bigger payout, but not quite enough to ensure a full completion.

Thoughts?
    Chillyspace422 likes this.
  12. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

Promotes murderboning and looting tablets off corpses instead of actually ROBBING people of their cash, I don't really like the idea unless there's some way to make it a whole separate sub-traitor where it's against the rules to kill people.
  13. IMVader

More than assassinate or steal item objectives?
  14. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

I think it'd just turn into another one of those instead of something fun and actually different. It should at least be something more different.
  15. IMVader

Then there is no loss in adding it. You can suggest something else in parallel. :)
    ProbablyBaron and Raptor like this.
  16. Wuuufles

Wuuufles Active Member

What about additionally being able to hack vending machines for some money, and needing to hack several to get enough money. That gives traitors a fairly stealthy way of collecting money without murderboning for it
    Raptor likes this.
  17. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Syndi-hax for lazy people.
  18. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

One problem, Syndi-ha
    --
    FUCK YOU BEAT ME TO IT