Not allowed to authorize the shuttle to leave early

Discussion in 'General' started by Cody522, Mar 10, 2015.

?

Should you be allowed to authorize departure for whatever you want?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Don't feel one way or the other

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

You're no longer allowed to make the shuttle leave the station early now. I liked the freedom to get the round over with faster after a drawn out shift, or if you're a ghost and waiting for it to all end. How does the rest of the community feel about this?
  2. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

Shit, voted wrong, I MEANT NO, GIVE A +1 TO NO
  3. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

I think it's ridiculous. Pls keep early authorization gone...
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  4. Saint Vicious

Saint Vicious LS13 Admin

Three heads of staff are welcome to use their ID's and call the shuttle early. Heads of staff are held to a higher standard, they should have a reason for doing so. Emagging the console as a non-antag, for no reason other than to end the round quicker, is not acceptable and never has been.
  5. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

And yet it happens so often...
    IMVader, NoFaceMan and QuantumWings like this.
  6. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

All too often there's all access assistants who use 3 all access "identification card"s to force the shuttle. Perhaps it should be restricted to shiny golden ID's rather than normal green ones? Then make it grand theft to be a non-head with a golden shiny ID, rather than just HoS or Captain ID's being grand theft.
  7. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

Early departure is fine whenever Heads make a joint decision that they believe is the most beneficial to the surviving crew (or in other situations where life preservation is the key motivator), but doing it just to rush through is quite unfair to many players so it is disallowed.
    IMVader and QuantumWings like this.
  8. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

Why don't we just make a rule that you can't fast auth the shuttle without a good reason if there are still active players on the station?
  9. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

How's that going to be enforced though? What's the punishment for that?
  10. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

This is already covered in the rules.
  11. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I may of accidentally voted no.

I like the early leaving thing.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  12. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

not at all
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  13. LeJack

LeJack Active Member

adding a "Reason for launching early?" query would probably make it less frequent.
    IMVader and Mindtrixx like this.
  14. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

What about a head jobban? Maybe a blanket tempban for repeat offenders.
  15. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Early shuttle calling is one of the most abused features. I have to start shuttle-briging people for doing it for no reasons.
  16. LemonSoup

LemonSoup LS13 Admin

It's really easy to imagine situations in which this would screw over otherwise successful antagonists and rob people of fun chaotic shuttle rides. If there's an alien nest banging on the door, sure, launch it early, but early launches for no reason are power-gamey and frustrating, and should not be allowed.
  17. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

IF THE SING IS NOT EATING THE FUCKING SHUTTLE THERE IS NO REASON TO EARLY LAUNCH IT STOP BEING IMPATIENT ITS 3 MINS.
    Obadiah Mayland and JPR like this.
  18. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

How about on the ATTENTION message it lists which ID is calling it early, so we know who to address or apprehend? It's hard to know who did it, currently, if there is more than a single person in the cockpit.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  19. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

I'm assuming you got talked to for having a relatively peaceful shuttle/station leave early.

Here's how I view it - Having the shuttle leave early is a dick move at best and powergaming at worst. Unless there's a proper reason to do it, you shouldn't do it. Proper reasons are threats to the shuttle and/or centcom like a singularity, xenomorphs, cultists attempting to spread their insanity, etc.

Many players have an unspoken objective to get back to centcom at the end of the round. Denying them the satisfaction of arriving at the station is a dick move, especially if they've fought to survive the entire round.

Early calling a shuttle can make that stealth traitor lose their objective because the shuttle left 20-30 seconds after it arrived, with no direct threat to the shuttle.

I see it as powergame-y and against the spirit of normal gameplay. Wait the extra 2 - 2.5 minutes. Give people the opportunity to leave on the shuttle or be stealthy and get on.