No explaination needed

Discussion in 'Staff Feedback' started by DingleFlop, Jul 15, 2016.

1. DingleFlop

DingleFlop Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Your decision is still wrong, whether you want it to be or not. It is clearly stated RIGHT FUCKING HERE that a space wizard IS AN EXCEPTION to the use of stun weaponery, IN ADDITION to saying this is ONE OF THE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN TIMES this is alright.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  2. DingleFlop

Nowhere does it mention AGAINST THAT INDIVIDUAL
  3. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

A space wizard is the exception to use of stun weaponry.
    You are not expected to stun..the SPACE WIZARD. Nowhere does it state that you are authorized to use lethal force on just about any lawbreaker simply because there's a space wizard afoot. I'm absolutely disappointed in your response to this.
    Flat and N-Spade like this.
  4. DingleFlop

In a code red situation, all the crew are instructed to follow orders from heads and that LETHAL FORCE IS AUTHORIZED, presumably for EVERY lawbreaker.

Meaning, if you don't follow a head's orders, you can full well expect to be treated as a capital criminal.

I am disappointed in your response to this.
  5. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

Someone here hasn't read space law, or we wouldn't be having this argument.
    Either way, the decision sticks, regardless of your personal opinion on the matter.
    Flat and Narwhal Jones like this.
  6. DingleFlop

Not going to fight against people who cannot read. You are still wrong.
  7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Dingle, you are misinterpreting the law. Ancient and Thar are in the right on this one.
    Flat and N-Spade like this.
  8. Flat

Flat BANNED

Ah, not finished making a fool of yourself yet, eh? While ironically accusing others of being unable to read, at that.

Dingleflop:

Vs Space Law:

Emphasis mine. See the explicit difference between code red and code delta? What you described explicitly applies to the latter and not the former.

Where the code red situation is concerned, once again it does not state or even imply that the presence of certain code red conditions authorizes you to use lethal force against anyone who commits a crime. The specific situations touched upon are mutineers/revs, hostile boarders/nuke ops and space wizards...not anyone who happens to jaywalk on the other side of the station from one of these threats.

If someone was actively fucking you over as sec while you were actively trying to fight a space wizard, you'd have a good case to put them down, but it's not the get out jail free card without consideration of broader context that you are making it out to be.
  9. Flahhh Personson

Flahhh Personson Well-Known Member

Dingle, I think you might be getting confused between Code Red (lethal force is authorised if the officer's life is in danger, you can arrest anyone who you think is going to cause trouble) and Code Delta (lethal force is authorised, the station is about to explode, you can turn anyone who gets in the way of fixing that problem into a red smear on the wall)

While wizards automatically shift the station to Code Red, Code Red doesn't equal full terminator mode. The Use of Force guidelines explain this better than I can--after all, there's a good reason I never play sec, and that's because... okay, disregard my reasons for never playing sec. Assume they're related to use of force, it proves my point well.

A third point is that common sense is always a good thing to use, regardless of the tiny details of the rules. If you're using a man with a pointy hat as an excuse to shoot greytiders, then that is time you are not spending shooting the man with a pointy hat. Why are you not shooting the man with a pointy hat? If you come up with a good reason (this guy tried to kill me, and he's not stopping trying to kill me when I tell him there's a wizard to deal with) then taze him and leave him in a disposals chute where he belongs while you go save the station, you beautiful little Judge Dredd, you. If the clown is slipping people on his PDA, try simply telling him to go slip the wizard. Worst case, he declines and eats a golden bolt. Medium case, you get a slightly crispy dead clown in the hallway and people aren't being slipped anymore. Best case, he singlehandedly kills the wizard for you and OOC gets muted after the round, which is the true sign of a heroic act. Also, remember I'M NOT A SEC PERSON I DON'T KNOW THIS

Long story short, be a good person, don't kill anyone you don't have to kill, always trust the clown. The clown is always trustworthy. The clown is your friend.
    Honk.
  10. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I feel like I missed the part where we discounted the bit where he was in the armory. Can someone quote that for me?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  11. Flat

Flat BANNED

I'm open to correction, but my understanding was that the subject was only in the warden's office and not the armory and this was a critical point here.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Per the original thread, he was not in the Armory, but refused to back away from the armory door in the Warden's Office.

Felix Feufer and Mindtrixx like this.