Ninjah!'s Perseus application [On Hold]

Discussion in 'Perseus PMC Applications' started by Ninjah!, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

Sorry but I do not have a sponsor yet. I know I need one and I'm busy searching one. I tought I'd put up the application in the meantime so you guys can have a look at it and so I might find a sponsor through here.
    BYOND KEY: Lordmummie
    IC NAME: Norm Peterson
    PICK THREE THREE DIGIT NUMBERS THAT YOU LIKE (EXAMPLE: 079, 009, 356): 579, 666, 101
    HAVE YOU EVER USED A DIFFERENT BYOND KEY ON ONE OF OUR SERVERS, AND IF SO, WHAT WHAT IT AND WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT? - (THIS QUESTION ADDED BY HATTRICK): Nope, never
    HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BANNED FROM OUR SERVER? EXPLAIN: Nope, got into a discussion with the admins once for taking insulated gloves tough.
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED SS13?: Hours: probally around the 200. Started a year ago or so. Pretty vague.
    WHAT DOES HAVING AUTHORITY MEAN TO YOU?: Keeping everyone safe. That basically sums it up. Mainly enforcing the plan that was worked out for the situation. If that fails, using the best judgement and coördination to keep everyone safe.
    HOW OFTEN DO YOU PLAY SECURITY?: 50-75% of the time.
    OH A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A NORMAL SECURITY OFFICER? EXPLAIN: A 8/10. I am better than the average security officer but still tend to make a mistake here and there and sometimes do taze before questioning.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE XENOMORPHS?: When a xeno round comes up, I'm happy. But I honnestly don't want one every 2 rounds. I like how they play as a team and their mechanics.
    WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SECURITY ON THE STATION?: Keeping the peace and preventing chaos as much as possible. If they manage to do that the people should be safe. Any further matters still occuring even tough them doing their best should be easy to solve.
    ANSWER THESE HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AS HONESTLY AS YOU CAN ASSUMING YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY, HOW YOU WOULD HANDLE IT:
    *You are walking down a corridor of the station when you see a clown slip someone on a banana and pull their jump suit off and laugh, how would you handle this*: I would take my tazer out and have it ready to stop the clown. I would tell him to stop that verry moment and to not move. Depending on the clown that round (is he just having fun or is he actually attempting to steal and cause chaos?) and the person he atacked I would brig him or not as there are almost always more important matters at hand.
    *You are sitting in the bar having a light drink during a break when you hear someone yell about a xenomorph in the library. You run there and find an alien eating the librarian, what do you do?*: As I am probally the closest by I would rush to the library. If I indeed find an alien eating the librarian I would step out the library first real quick and a quickly alert the rest of the team about this threat. I will assume that in this question it is a hunter in the back of the library. As I would never make the run to it and then be able to pull the librarian all the way back to central I would attempt to lure him to me with my tazer. If he still eats the librarian I will throw myself infront of the alien, preventing it's getaway as much as possible in the hope that backup arrives. If that also fails then we would have to start working on the alien infestation, but that's not the question here.
    *You are standing in security and you see the head of security being especially rough with a prisoner in a cell, what would you do?*: I would alert him that he is breaking the space law, which he himself is enforcing on that prisoner. I would then report the situation to the captain or HoP so they can keep track of him. If he procedes to treat the prisoner that way I would ask him what the prisoner did to deserve this. If even this doesn't stop him I will pull out my baton and alert him that I cannot allow someone to do such things. If he then still procedes I will stun him and cuff him. I would then report this to the captain for what he thinks is the best punishment and then execute that order.
    GIVE US ONE HONEST SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE PLAYING AS SECURITY AND DID SOMETHING MEMORABLE: I stopped alot of criminals but I find this one the best of them all. After detaining a couple of criminals the correct way. I was recharching my tazer and baton, and suddenly catch a glimps of the warden being tazed by a scientist with stuff from the armoury. I take out my tazer rush out and hit him straight in the head with my tazer with one shot. We cuff him and perma. A regular traitor catch you think? Well there is more! At this moment the detectives ID was stolen and someone with a spacesuit was breaking in perma for whatever reason and see him with the detetives ID. I then later see the guy in the space suit, with alot of stuff from the armoury fighting the warden in the perma hallway. I rush to his aid and use flashbangs and tazer shots. These get blocked and dodged tough. I rush at him with my baton I miss and get hit a couple of times by him. So I am lying there, on the ground behind the perc console. I manage to get up and disarm the guy from behind, pushing him on the ground, take his weapons, stun him with my baton, cuff him and say "You're under arrest!"
    CAKE OR PIE? EXPLAIN IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE: Am I the only one here who feels like saying: "Fuck that I'm taking both!" I mean, why choose? But if I seriously had to: Pie, it generaly has more taste than the cake and it's the more traditional thing for birthdays and such happy times.
  2. Emanz

Emanz Well-Known Member

I dont think I have ever seen you. Right now I cant support this app until I see more of you
    AncientV25 likes this.
  3. Zargul

Zargul Active Member

I like this application very very much.

Though you handle the Xeno-Situation with a lot of courage, which might get you very fast killed but you would inform the Security Team. Of course there are better ways to handle it but your's isn't that bad.

To the Situation with the HoS: The HoS might very likely tase you if he's rouge and you threaten him.

Otherwise: I wanna try to get a glimpse of your ingame performance.

Keep the good work up!
    Hattrick and Black Jack like this.
  4. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

Thanks for the good feedback!

Yeah, I think that by making a perseus application people will now actually pay attention to how I play. Most people just didn't notice me I guess.
  5. Zargul

Zargul Active Member

Your current performance is pretty OK, but there's a lot to improve.
    I still want to watch you more times, so I can give you a full feedback.
  6. Flaksim

Flaksim Active Member

After observing you in action for several rounds, and encountering you in the flesh in one round in particular. I cannot give you my support.
    You are too trigger happy, and the reasoning behind your actions was flawed and illogical. (Atleast the version you gave me afterwards.)

-1 From me.
  7. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

I found my reasoning in that situation quite decent. A cult has just been discoverd. You were in the maintnance where a rune was with a clown and came running at me. In such cases it's better to prevent 2 possible cultist from taking all my stuff, which can be used for verry bad stuff, considering I had an egun, my armour, flashbangs and a stun baton, I don't even wanna think about a cult with accses to beesky and HUD's, by shooting a tazer at them and stunning them instead of giving them the chance to stun me and so, arm more people and thus endangering the station. The tazers were of no harm and as later proven you were indeed a cultist. The clown turned out, after being checked, to not be a Cultist and was released. I don't see how my actions are irreasonable as I had no backup and could easily be killed in there without anyone ever knowing. I shall admit that I will shoot rather easily if there is a threat for me tough.
  8. Flaksim

Flaksim Active Member

You incorrectly represent the actual situation.
    Firstly, your concerns regarding equipment acces that could be gotten off of you is moot, seeing how I was the HoP, and already had full acces to, well, everything.
    Secondly, said rune was in the hallway between genetics and the research wing, not in the maintenance hallway where I encountered you.
    Thirdly, neither I nor the clown were armed.
    Fourthly, I was responding to a cry for help from the captain in that area, I run in there, see you, I ask "whats going on" and in reply I am tazered. Afterwards it is discovered that I was indeed a cultist, but at the time there was no evidence whatsoever suggesting that I was an antag that round. Unless you'd want to go around and shoot everyone for being in areas where they are permitted to be, just because a rune is in the room next door.

It is this sort of "gung ho" attitude that I do not consider a good fit for Perseus, and I would have judged exactly thesame if it had been another player who was the cultist HoP, with me observing.
    Black Jack, AncientV25 and Zargul like this.
  9. Sam Guivene

Sam Guivene Well-Known Member

+1 because we need more perseus anyway.
  10. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

We won't start hiring random people because we need more perseus. There are enough, it's a matter of activity.
    Hattrick, Jayce Wise, zt107 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sam Guivene

Sam Guivene Well-Known Member

I was mostly joking, the real reason is that the more random people we hire, the less robust they are on average, and the more likely I am to succeed as traitor by stungloving and robbing one of them.
    Bluebreez100 likes this.
  12. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

It's really not about being robust; it's about communication and teamwork, being robust can be a very good ability but it definately is not everything if you can't communicate in a team.
    Hattrick, zt107 and AncientV25 like this.
  13. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

I think I have found the reason why it seems to you I am a wild tazer but to me it seems like I responded correctly: I never noticed you responded to a call and asked what's going on. This was probally because I was either out of range or making an attempt at calming everyone down, examining the rune and handeling the situation. For the first thing: it's a refelx that kicks in when 2 people run at me, apearing out of nowhere in maint. Again this is because I missed the what's going on. For the rune being in the hallway: I wasn't instantley on the scene, I tought you were there all the time and had not just arrived on the scene just as me. For the third: You could have alot of stuff, including stun runes and a sword in your backpack, again reflex. And the fourth well yeah, I missed it. That's probally what caused my reflexes to kick in. So as it was one of the greatest SS13 issues, misscomunication, can I get another chance with you?
  14. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

'A reflex that kicks in when 2 people run at me' You're expected not to shoot people unless attacked first.

'For the third, you could have a lot of stuff, including stun runes and a sword in your backpack'
    You -COULD- have something like that. That doesn't mean you do.
    By that logic, I'm free to detain everyone on suspicion of them having energy swords and radbows.

Because of this response, what I've seen from you, and Flak's post, I can't support this application.
    Zargul likes this.
  15. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

Ancient, you are cutting out alot of stuff here. They came running at me, 2 guys who are to my knowledge complety not affiliated with eachtoher. As I said, I missed the HoP trying to contact me so to me it seemed like an atack. Also, it was in maintance with, once again, no backup at all. Also see it this way, there was no harm done at all. Let's change the scenario for a moment. I am a verry friendly and niave HoS and kindly ask the 2 gentlemen what is going on. But, this time the HoP does intend to harm me, all he has to do is walk up to me say: "I don't know either." Whilst I am then responding he just pulls out his stun, strips me, drags me to an airlock and spaces me. Now a cultist is armed with one of the best pieces of armour and with a gasmask, has full accses to the armoury and thus no problem whatsoever taking anything he wants to arm his fellow cultists and voila, full cultist win. This full cultist win could've been easily prevented by just a qucik taze of the 2 men who were possible cultists. And for the part where you say you are not expect to shoot people unless they atack you first: stun talisman, drag me on a rune or strip me, kill me, done. My point with this is, just waiting around and asking hey whatsup in such situations will 9/10 cause you to be killed. And a lost HoS means, as I stated many times and I will state it once more, a great danger to the station.

EDIT: Also, could you tell me what I did wrong when you watched me?
  16. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Ninjah, I would recommend that you review the Central Index for the Perseus SOP. It will give you an insight on how Perseus Enforcers are expected to conduct themselves.

That being said, consider the use of force and the way you state things. You may be muddying the water by overgeneralizing yourself instead of clearly stating what you actually mean.
    Hattrick, Black Jack and AncientV25 like this.
  17. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

You can give me as many scenarios as you want, but it's not going to change my opinion.
    Also, I haven't been watching you. I've seen you a few times, though.

Either way, you shot a head of staff over suspicion, and your own failure to pay attention to the chat.
    This is what leads me to believe you aren't fit for Perseus at this time.
  18. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

So, does this one incident means I'm getting denied probally?
  19. Zargul

Zargul Active Member

This one incident means, you should think about the decisions you did and improve yourself.
    I still believe that you can be a pretty good Officer, you just need to show it.
    Hattrick and AncientV25 like this.
  20. Ninjah!

Ninjah! Member

Okay, thanks for the feedback!
    Hattrick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.