Closed Ninja V1

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Ahbahl, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Changed a few ninja things and wanted to know what you guys want. I'll be using strawpoll because forum poll suckz.

1. Fix broken objectives
    • Remove RP objective
    • Change objective/steal/special to /objective/steal because it caused the "Nothing." objective (Temporary)
    2. Fix objectives to make more sense
    • Change "Slay alien queen" objective changed to "Protect alien queen" objective if the ninja works for the syndicate
    • Alternated the "Survive objective" with an "Escape" objective if the ninja works for NT
    3. Remove energy net
    • Remove (comment out) energy net.
    • Remove (comment out) capture objective
    4. Change stealth
    • Drop energy blades when enabling cloak
    • Uncloak if drawin energy blade
    • Uncloak when using an energy star
    • Uncloak when using EMP ability
    Poll 1 of 3

5. Change energy blade damage
    I couldnt really decide what to do so I'll let you guys choose.​
    1. Dont change damage (70)​
    2. Reduce damage to 60​
    3. Reduce damage to 45​
    6. Remove/change telegib
    Multiple ways here too.​
    1. Dont change anything.​
    2. Knockdown instead of gib.​
    3. Ninja gibs too.​
    4. One gibs the ninja, the other knocks down.​
    Hue, happy voting I guess. Feel free to ask if something is unclear.​
    IMVader likes this.
  2. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All the options for telegib are terrible except for don't change anything. The gib should drop the person's brain like Ei Nath.

Removing the energy net kills half of what makes a ninja unique. Capture objectives are unique to ninjas (Unless you count Perseus Missions).

Syndicate thing makes no sense, no one likes xenos really. They are an uncontrolled force, the syndicate are likely to contain to experiment on as they are to exterminate a xenomorph (same as nanotrasen). Seeing as Syndies only have Nuke Ops which in comparison to DeathSquad are weak, I doubt they want to have them run rampant with the risk of exposing it to themselves. -Just confuses me.

EMP should remain useable when cloaked, just because its not a stun or item ability. Simply an EMP yo.

These two are what is needed most. Ninjas right now are almost unkillable due to the stealth-blade stuff they can pull. If they were a visible target it would be a whole different story.
  3. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

Just suggestions, hue. Wanted to post a few more things I could do.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

This is code feedback, I'm more concerned with how the code looks rather then the votes of what and what ninjas can do. Given that the ninja code is 66642069 lines of garbled code
    QuantumWings likes this.
  5. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

No problem. So, whats the easiest way to show the code to you?
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

7. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Good.

Good.

Very good until someone replaces it with something that actually works.

Great. Should also remove in the same conditions as chameleon projector (shooting a gun for example).
    I'm good with any of the damages, but prefer 60.​
    Yes, please. Any of them, though I prefer the fourth option.​
    Obadiah Mayland, JPR and Ahbahl like this.
  8. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

9. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I voted :(
    Ahbahl likes this.
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

EDIT- I think that the ninja changes, as in the PR, will do a LOT towards making the ninja NOT a simplified ADMINBOMB PLAYER X, Y, Z... command. The energy net probably could have stayed, though. That said, I have NEVER seen the energy net used...
    Ahbahl likes this.
  11. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

It is pretty much an admin prison with a toy sword and gun, as well as a Bar that you cant access because you have no ID.
    Ahbahl likes this.
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Yeah... but they never USE it. I've seen the area, just never seen it used as APPARENTLY being ADMINBOMB PLAYER LIST (A,B,C...,Z) is more fun for most people.
  13. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

So... I just rolled ninja. First time ever. No power on station, shuttle 7 min away. I announce my self as friendly! Shotgun to the face by HoP. Telejubp away, go invisible, TELEFRAG his ass. I killed, like, 12 people as a horribly uncombatitive scrub just by the MAGIC of TELEFRAG and EBLADE, APPLY DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD.
    I was a GOD.
    Plz nerf.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  14. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

TELEFRAG. Kill yourself, Because people like you ninjas have bad reputation. You are a dishonorable person. Pls admins ban him from ninja.
    JPR likes this.
  15. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I announced myself, and said HI! Shotgun to face.
  16. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

Telefragging people is a shitty thing to do, but if it's the kind of person who sees you as "VALID KILL" there's not really any reason to show mercy, pity or remorse.
    Immediate round removal is the only thing these people understand; Even then, the message ("I hate you and everything you stand for") is very commonly misunderstood to mean "I got outskilled, I need to git gud"
    Maybe JPR would feel bad if his response to introducing himself was something other than bullets.
  17. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Not even that. I'm unrobust at combat. I killed 5-7 people WITH GUNS without getting hit after I decided to go SRS BSNS mode. 2 click kill while invisible OP, and the ONLY weakness of telefrag is the right-click delay. And the station was powerless, and I still got in 4-5 telefrags...
    QuantumWings likes this.
  18. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

This is a pretty big mess.
    A. It's difficult to nail down exactly whats actually been changed in this because of all the weird strawpolls implying weird stuff to me
    B. I dont know if the strawpolls are accurate because they dont require LLA login to vote on them
    C. This thread has no poll for Pro/against, and the thread comments aren't telling me if this is something people are for or against.

I'm kinda stuck in limbo on this one for now.
  19. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Active Member

A. Everything that has been changed is in the comment of the PR.

B+C. Welp. I only posted them here and you cant vote twice from the same IP. Used them because the amount of change doesnt fit in one LLA poll.

So, that means I should make a thread for each change?
  20. IMVader

IMVader Well-Known Member

Make a new thread with an in-forum poll that covers all the options, including the ALL and NONE choices.
    Mindtrixx and Ahbahl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.