Implemented New Ninjasprites

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Flavo, Apr 5, 2015.

?

Add?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2015.
  1. Yes

77.3%
  2. No

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

2. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

BRAINOS also added lights to the helmet and boots but they need to be sync'd up with the ninja suit initialization first as it adds a lot more to the sprite.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  3. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

This won't be merged until the boots and helmet are finished and working. Very nice design, though.
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

I didn't want to deal with ninja code but i guess i will for the COOL boots and helmet lights.
  5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted. I love the current ninja sprites. I also love these ones. Possibility for the ability to choose one or the other in game, maybe?
  6. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

There wont be but standby because im updating them to have those lights lich was talking about.
  7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Then I gotta cast a negative vote. I like the current sprite.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

9. This is a nice sprite from a quality perspective, but conceptually I really don't like the idea of a *ninja* having flashing lights all over it. The defining quality of a ninja is stealth.
    BRAINOS likes this.
  10. BRAINOS

BRAINOS Well-Known Member

The current space ninja has glowy lights all over it, too.
    The ninja mainly relies on its cloaking device for stealth - I've assumed the glowy lights are for cloak generators or something.

I also gotta mention I've always thought the current ninja was...well, a gimp suit. There's no ninja-like details. I know I'm biased to my current sprite because I made it and all, however, I'd like to point out on my sprite:
    The plating on the boots and gauntlets has a somewhat woven pattern, similar to the stuff you see in ninja movies.
    The boots actually have a split-toe design, something ninjas were particularly famous for.
    The helmet looks more like a proper hood with a plated mask- not just a skin-tight diving suit thing.
    Pumpkin Man and NoFaceMan like this.
  11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I really enjoy your iconning, BRAINOS. That icon is awesome. My only reservation is that I like the current ninja sprite. This one is still bad ass!
    BRAINOS likes this.
  12. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

Like brain said, these are L33T SPACE NINJAS.
    Their entire goddamned suit is a glowy light pre-thesesprites.
  13. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

A vast improvement over the current plain and shitty ninja sprites. Make it happen
    AncientV25 likes this.
  14. Pretty big improvement like Psyentific said, if this doesn't happen, I'll be severely disappointed.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  15. Taicho

Taicho Director of LS13 Staff Member

my only complaint is the BOLD BLACK PIXELS I CAN SEE
    NO BOLD BLACK PIXELS!!!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.