Closed New Map "LibertyStation" [Paused 4/17/2015]

Discussion in 'Code Feedback' started by Flavo, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyentific

Psyentific Well-Known Member

The map design should encourage !!FUN!!
    My biggest engine-related peeve is that half the time the singularity fucks off into space and nobody cares.
    NoFaceMan and QuantumWings like this.
  2. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

That's a good thing... you don't want the singularity to cause a crew transfer EVERYTIME
  3. Psyentific

Yes I do. If someone sets the singularity loose, it should ruin somebody's day.

You guys just aren't in that 'Nanotrasen' mindset. Ask yourself "What is a terribly unsafe and horrible idea?". Whatever your answer is, immediately follow it up with "THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! DO THAT!"
    NoFaceMan and QuantumWings like this.
  4. Psyentific

The best station is one that was designed with the two-hours-if-we're-lucky life expectancy in mind. Quickly slapped together, shoddily constructed on a shoestring budget, held together with duct tape and sheet metal, ridiculously unsafe, and somehow mostly airtight and reasonably non-explosive (usually).

It's not so much a station as it is an orbital deathtrap.
    NoFaceMan, Eluxor and QuantumWings like this.
  5. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I don't want the round ending every 15 minutes cuz of a new engineer not knowing what he's doing, or a regular engineer forgetting a step.
    Raptor and Mindtrixx like this.
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

Catastrophic failure is taken into account. There will be more than enough ways to disrupt everything, just like there is now.
  7. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

Disrupt isn't good (bad?) enough. There needs to be failure states that can be triggered by a traitor to force a shuttle call. This isn't BS12 and super long rounds don't make for a more fun game, it just means that people who are dead log out instead of playing the next round. The station should have a catastrophic failure state that is guaranteed that anyone with half a brain (not the RD) will call the shuttle.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  8. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

Place a single minibomb on the tracks and watch as travel times are increased tenfold. No one wants to walk an entire z level and no one can repair the tracks and I'm sure wiring will be broken since the engine doesn't sprout from a central area and the wires would have to be running around the tracks for maintenance purposes. You probably could cripple the entire station with less from what I'm looking at. You'll probably drain all the air in the loop since having firedoors would cripple movement even further.

It might not be catastrophic but its easy enough.
  9. QuantumWings

QuantumWings Well-Known Member

Same as the main hall having no air. The dumbass RD/Captain will keep recalling and yell at the engineers to fix it. Anyway that isn't very threatening, just inconvenient. Not very dramatic either.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  10. PistolPete

There will be ways to disrupt the station enough to force a shuttle call besides traitor items.

I swear, it's like y'all don't have any faith in others.

Again, remember, this is also a side project that's not approved as a new map yet.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  11. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

If you keep complaining about the sing I'll implement my original idea for station-wide temperature control. Station wide network of temperature pipes? yes please!

read: Station-wide superheated deathtrap when the captain pisses off the atmos traitor
  12. PistolPete

Please implement 10/10 would abuse
    NoFaceMan and General_Battier like this.
  13. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

We decided against it back during metabox construction because of the sheer abusability of it. That said, there are some things we could do to mitigate that. Break up the heating loops into segments for each sub-station, secure the temperature control area, make it start above 3x atmospheric pressure so it can't be unwrenched, etc.
  14. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I kinda do. No one ever fixes, or WANTS to fix it, and solars take FOREVER, and are iffy.
    QuantumWings and NoFaceMan like this.
  15. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget no one can fix it cause the incomptent crew killed all the comptent crew or call the shuttle right off the bat.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  16. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Not even that, no one wants to fix it or set solars, because by the time they finish, WILD SHUTTLE CALL!
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  17. Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles Well-Known Member

I want fun dangerous things. That's what make SS13 SS13
  18. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

I want a sing. and make it spit acid!
    JPR and NoFaceMan like this.
  19. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

I'm fine with fun dangerous things, just not a red button that pressing it sets off 10 capped bombs.
    NoFaceMan likes this.
  20. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

Make the transit shuttle occasionally break down and require self maintenance while a school of space carp attack your ship.
    General_Battier and NoFaceMan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.