Archived new gamemodes

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by Grisha5, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Grisha5

Grisha5 New Member

2. Terezi

Terezi Active Member

These are pretty cool
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I really want the Abductor now
  4. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Make abductor a thing.
    Mabblies likes this.
  5. cheif264

cheif264 LS13 Admin

Wow lots of reading think two separate opinions have formed on me though try and separate them here.
    Shadow ling: Well this idea has definitively gotten my attention I kind of like this but it sounds as a timed thing for the crew as it says that if one shadow ling is able to ascend then your pretty much screwed beyond all words. Of course there are things I like this certain game mode (I feel) may be able to force the crew to work together which (in my mind) is a awesome thing for a game mode to do as the crew will usually stick to themselves and ignore each other in some situations the extreme danger of a shadow ling will (hopefully) encourage the crew to stay together as it suggests and have much more communication between the crew.
    Abductor: I'm not completely sure what to say here this idea sounds like it would be fun but I also don't think I completely understand how the game mode would go or exactly what happens to a crew member after they are abducted and experimented on I do get that they are teleported back to the station but I find myself asking if it just goes on as normal for said crew member with them just doing weird things or are there things that they must now do and such.
    It would be nice (in my own opinion) to see both these game modes as I believe they both have great potential to be fun and a new experience for the crew of the station.
  6. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

Both of these game modes would be interesting to add(As well as be new) but I think the abductor is a great Idea.
    Ridiamo likes this.
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Stealth Vest Mode [​IMG] Using this vest mode will allow you to take on form of any human your scientist teammate added to the database. Be careful however this disguise is very fragile and any damage will reveal your true identity. Disguise is chosen using ship-side console.
    Any damage at all sounds like it's too easy to lose the disguise. As anyone can attack you for anything. Easily.
    JPR likes this.
  8. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

Add them both.
  9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I've actually been discussing implementing both of these with Lichling, but we weren't yet sold enough to post about it.

This is convincing :eek: I'll run it by dem coders at some point and I'll make another forum post with a poll at some point :)
    Raptorblaze and General_Battier like this.
  10. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I mean, obviously I'm into the idea, so thats 1 of 3? lol
  11. Wuuufles

Wuuufles Active Member

It looks like you get objectives once you get abducted, though it doesn't say what sort.

My only concern with the abduction mode is that you have the rev-like element of becoming an antag once your abducted. And in rev it's not uncommon to see people putting themselves in positions to get easily get revved or simply not putting up a fight for the sake of becoming an antag. On top of that the win condition is to abduct a certain amount of people so some people willingly abducted might add to the count.
    Sweedle likes this.
  12. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

We might as well port these two. Let's be honest, there won't be such thing as a brand new game mode that is going to be coded and implemented here, porting these two would be the next best thing to new for us.
  13. daddysds1

daddysds1 Well-Known Member

And that is where the bans are tossed out for breaking metagameing like candy.
    xXT3R3Z1Xx and General_Battier like this.
  14. General_Battier

General_Battier LS13 Admin

To be honest, I see no reason to not add this, if it is bad, we can get rid of it, if it is good, we can keep it, either or, it will be cool to try out.
    Ridiamo and Raptor like this.
  15. Flahhh Personson

Flahhh Personson Well-Known Member

These look badass! I know the thread is a month old, but this needs to happen! We need more team-based antags, and these two are just about perfect. Besides, I can see myself having some RD fun trying to kill Ascendants.
    Eighty8, Raptorblaze, Raptor and 2 others like this.