New gamemode/admin event

Discussion in 'General' started by JPR, Apr 12, 2015.

?

Perc v Crew?

1. YEAH! LET ME AT THE BOYS IN BLUE!

25.0%
  2. THOSE TREASONOUS SCUM WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM... to nonlethally and professionally liberate captive

12.5%
  3. No.

62.5%
  4. WHY IS PIECAKE AN APPLICATION QUESTION!

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

How about a rare gamemode (really more of an admin event) that puts Perseus against the station?
    Start the round like normal, but 5-10 minutes into the round, forcecall the shuttle with a 10 min timer and make everyone onstation except 3-4 people a rev. Give Perseus the objective to retrieve these 3-4 people alive onto the Mycenae III, give the 3-4 non-antags the objective to survive... and make them a "honorary perseus", or "designated hostage" to distinguish them from the crew objective-wise, and give the rest of the station the objective to CAPTURE, not kill, Perseus members, and put them on the escape shuttle.
    As Perseus are non-lethal focused, they can attempt to use the loyalty implants to get backup from the crew, and to allow them to board relatively unmolested, I'd give them foreknowledge of the round type from the start (5 min warning).
    As the 3-4 non-antags have no particular advantages, or any secure way of communicating with Perseus, I would not have their identity be announced to anyone but Perseus.
    As the station is generally an OP bucket of griffers and SCARILY competent and robust people... aaand this is basically telling them to go to town, I think that the shuttle forcecall is kinda needed to keep a time limit.
    Victory would go to the station if they had more Perseus and "hostages" on the emergency shuttle end round, while Perseus wins if they have more on the Mycenae III.

I would STRONGLY suggest having this be a possible admin event when there are 4 or more Perseus available, with a name like "Hostage rescue", or "Live-fire training", instead of a full gamemode, as this would be less griefy than rev rounds, but might wear thin after it popping up every day or so.
    Thoughts?
  2. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

I'm pretty sure I can say with full confidence that this will not happen.
  3. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Why?
  4. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a normal rev round to me.
    Obadiah Mayland and JPR like this.
  5. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

If anything a gamemode where Centcomm sends the Death Squad to purge the station. But I doubt this would become a thing.
  6. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Eh. Purge isn't really fun, and I thought this would me a fun, short, admin event as an occasional thing. Maybe the title was misleading?
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Alienating perseus into potential enemies is going to ruin any trust put in them. This won't happen. You're better off with a deathsquad event.
  8. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Hm. Fair enough. I forgot about the Perseus image issues (wait, that's a good thing :) ) that they've worked on.
    Very well. Any other opinions, or should I declare this DOA?
  9. Pumpkin Man

Pumpkin Man LS13 Admin Staff Member

Push for a gamemode that doesn't involve Perseus, something like Vampires or Zombie redo or WHATEVERR gamemode is floating around and most important of all, put a lot of thought into it.

/tg/ has a new admin event https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Shadowling but I'm still wondering if this is true or some kind of ongoing April fool's joke as I haven't seen it in their code yet, or maybe I passed it up
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I tried. Not enough, apparently.
  11. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

vampires vampires vampires vampires vampires
    General_Battier likes this.
  12. Felix Feufer

Felix Feufer LS13 Admin

mushroom mushroom
    Agent1667 likes this.
  13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'll work on those ports at some point. Lich and i were discussing the implementation of vampires and modified shadowlings. I might take it after drones are officially implemented or denied, and after I've given my own project some time.
    IMVader and Agent1667 like this.
  14. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

It's not an april fool's joke and they're making a gamemode out of it, check the repo for 'shadowling'.

Also, no perseus-versus-crew gamemode or event. Ever.
    Pumpkin Man likes this.
  15. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Short Answer: No
    Long Answer: No, Perseus is meant to always be the good guy, to always be trusted on and never antag. Having a gamemode centered on percs being the bad guy would disrupt Perc-crew relations and never get them called because "it might be that gamemode"
  16. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Okay. First. I understand the reasons stated, and agree with them.
    Second. I advocated it being an ADMIN event to prevent it being a common round.
    Third. I thought it would be a neat way for Perseus to show off their non-lethal tactics once a month or so.
    Fourth. Again, I understand the reasons stated, agree with them, and am withdrawing my support for my own idea.
    Fifth. Can we get this thread locked so I never have to see it again. It makes me sad.
    *Crawls into RD locker, shuts and locks door, waits for it to end*
  17. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

We are allowed to kick ass in VR. VR more
  18. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.