Archived Multi-tool Upgrade

Discussion in 'Code Suggestions' started by CYBORZ, Apr 21, 2015.

1. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

The title explains itself basically. Ever have the times when you don't have a screwdriver, or crowbar on you when hacking a door with a Multi-tool? With this upgrade below, the Multi-tool becomes an actual "Multi-tool" by having a screwdriver, and or a crowbar (maybe not).
    output_4pED66.gif MU Open.png MU9.png MU Key.png
    First picture: Gif of the animation (it transforming).​
    Second picture: When the Multi-tool is opened to be upgraded.​
    Third picture: Final form when upgraded.​
    Fourth Picture: Upgrade key - insert into open Multi-tool for upgrade.​
  2. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

it's been suggested before and I'll say what i said then. Its impractical, and no.
    QuantumWings and PistolPete like this.
  3. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Stupid OP for a regular crew tool... but would be neat as a syndie item. Possibly make the AI detector less... bad?
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

As its been stated before, In another thread. This isnt going to happen
    QuantumWings and Raptorblaze like this.
  5. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

How on earth is this OP? It's not like a crowbar is hard to find.
  6. AncientV25

AncientV25 LS13 Admin

It's not that it's 'OP', it's that it's a pain in the ass to code and not worth it.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  7. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

To be honest, I was completely unaware there was another thread about this. Regardless, I did spend a tad of time spriting it (sadly), and in my opinion I don't find it really OP at all - you have to acquire the key which could be hidden/ be made, and its only a screwdriver; 2 tools in one like the fireaxe.
  8. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

Gonna be blunt, if you put work into a project before even getting that project approved, that's your own fault. Also you ignored the main argument of it being a bitch to code in.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  9. CYBORZ

CYBORZ LS13 Iconner

Nope, I haven't. I know the rules of being a spriter, and I know the criticism I can possibly get. I don't code of course, so I rely on you guys. I agree that you aren't always available/don't like the project, and back I go to the drawing board with a new idea.
  10. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

For the record, It's not that I don't like it. It's that there is too much technical restrictions to do it.

The way its written in game every object you use a tool with has a proc attack_by(). which is run when you tap it with a obj, in this proc there is a check for what tool your using.. We would need to go through and add it being attacked by the super multi-tool and then check which mode its on then copy paste the screwdriver/crowbar/wrench/whatever code to it.
    QuantumWings and CYBORZ like this.
  11. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

Yeah, I like the sprites, but this is one of the reasons you should talk to us before spending a lot of time on it. Mind you, I actually did the same thing a couple times (made something, then it gets denied) so I feel for ya. RIP Omega Beepsky
    CYBORZ likes this.