More advanced medical system

Discussion in 'General' started by JPR, Feb 16, 2015.

?

Pick a system.

1. STAY THE COURSE, NO CHANGE

44.4%
  2. 10-25% of damage done is clone damage

11.1%
  3. Full on broken bones and surgery

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

What are your opinions on a more advanced medical system, where taking high levels of damage means that you either retain some as clone damage, or have full on broken bones?
  2. conflicted!
    Flavo likes this.
  3. ProbablyBaron

ProbablyBaron BANNED

Broken bones, cool.
    Surgery, not so cool. It's for bigger things like xenomorph removal and bomb implants.
    Damage done as clone damage??? What.
    General_Battier and IMVader like this.
  4. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

We've had endless discussions about this which pretty much ended in not making sense for a light RP server. If you have some unique ideas and designs feel free to shout em out.
    IMVader and WeedMunchies like this.
  5. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Decapitations?
  6. TheDracheX

TheDracheX LS13 Coder Staff Member

Dismemberment is on my bucket list believe it or not.
    JPR and Obadiah Mayland like this.
  7. Agent1667

Agent1667 Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to take off the legs of a clown and leave it in maintenance, handcuffed and gagged, screaming internally for help.

No, seriously though, dismemberment would be awesome.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  8. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

I always wanted to just make a basket case out of the clown, and just leave him in the escape hallway during evac, and let him get trampled underfoot as everyone runs away
    Agent1667 likes this.
  9. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

If dismemberment gets added I'm just gonna buy duel esword every round n chop your guys' legs off.
    QuantumWings, NoFaceMan, JPR and 2 others like this.
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

YAY!
  11. WeedMunchies

WeedMunchies Active Member

My god seven votes for broken bones. When you voted for that you didnt vote for dismemberment you voted for bays annoying health system that takes ages to heal damage do you really want to have surgery after random greytider hits you few times with extinguisher because you had shinny yellow gloves? If we got this our rules would need to be way more strict because any kind of damage can give person permanent damage and ruin his round.
    Imo this would ruin what LLA is.
    QuantumWings likes this.
  12. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

We could always LLA it up and make it broken bones-lite. Easy fixes n what not. A more in depth damage system is always cool, and new ways to treat them as well.
    AquaDraco and JPR like this.
  13. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

THAT'S what I'd like to see. I personally love the baystation medical system. Does it fit here? Absolutely not. All I want is some consequence to having the snot beaten out of you that requires someone else to help fix, so doctors don't cry when everyone just steals medkits. Broken bones as a QUICK surgery would work, or 10-25% of damage being genetic and needing cryo (I want the broken bones one).
  14. It doesnt need to be super intense medical system like bays, i dont know why people use this isnt LLA as an argument when things can easily be shaped to LLA
    Mindtrixx and JPR like this.
  15. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

In my opinion, the biggest issue comes with the coding. We've got a good set of coders now - side note - it's open source, so anyone can submit suggestions - but optimizing their time on the creation or adaption of a new system isn't as easy as plug and play. There's a lot of testing to be done there. This comes on a system that, while uninteresting, works well enough.

In addition, when creating a new system, we need to evaluate whether it works with the style of play that we expect on the server. Bay medical obviously will not work, as it's been stated. Perhaps something else would work better. Could you develop an abstract with some ideas?

In returning to my original point, I believe that there's currently enough projects lined up to fix or vastly improve systems that medical should sit on the backburner.
    Raptorblaze likes this.
  16. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I don't think it'd be too hard to implement a "deep" version of each damage that requires special, harder effort to fix (Brute: Setting Broken Bones, Burn: Skin Grafts, Toxin: Dialysis)
    JPR, PistolPete and General_Battier like this.
  17. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Don't you have a thread open stating your dislike for the coding focus on security, making it too easy for new players?
    This would redirect resources from that.
    As for an "deep" version like raptor said, I like that. Personally, I think that the deep version should only happen if you are critted by it (over 100 of that SPECIFIC damage type, though a 75 damage cap might be neat) which would keep it uncommon, and would make the doctor's job more than JUST cryo.
  18. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

My issue with the recent security updates doesn't play into this. It's not at all what you said, either. Please reread that post.

Secondly, I happen to know where certain individuals would like to focus on next. I'm suggesting putting a working, boring, complete system on the back burner so that other features such as science or the multi engine can be worked on or even the broken elements like honking Angels and ninjas.
  19. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

I have reread the post, and while I agree that you did not intend it that way, that is still how it comes across, stating that the skill required to play as security is being drained. On topic, if certain individuals want to leave this till later, they can do so. I'd just like there to be more to fixing a downed guy then my patented REVIVAL pills. 3.33u dex+, 10u inaprov, and 20u tricord will fix most any crit, in my experience.
  20. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

I mean, I'd tell you where we wanna focus next, but that'd spoil the surprise. Also there's another side project i need to work on in the mean time.