Mindtrixx's Application for Apprenticeship {312}

Discussion in 'Project Lead Apprenticeship (CLOSED)' started by Mindtrixx, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

Mind's.
  2. torquey

torquey Member

Right, the wording threw me off
  3. Mindtrixx

Mindtrixx Well-Known Member

I have only one character that I play actively and within the last like 2-3 months with a 1 round appearance from one of the others.

Saying "Characters" kind of makes me think you don't know who I play. I play Cy Pritchard and only Cy Pritchard. Anyone else claiming to be me, having a similar name or what not is indeed not me.
  4. PistolPete

PistolPete ForumGuard Staff Member

I say this as a friend.

Having observed you for a while and having worked with you in Perseus, I do not currently think that you would fit well in this position.

Quite a bit of your tasking would be conflict management, resolution and deescalation. These are skills that I'd like to see you improve before you would receive a position of this sorts.

Before I, personally, would be comfortable in asking you to be in a position like this, I would like to see you demonstrate your ability in a leadership position that requires objectivity.
  5. Mindtrixx

Thanks for keeping it simple and straight forward, I appreciate that.

There are not many positions within LLA that allow that, so I don't really see the opportunity. Are you recommending I become an admin first?
  6. PistolPete

Honestly, in this case, yes.

There's a lot of doubts over your ability to be objective and work effectively in team environment that requires conflict resolution not on the end of a barrel.
  7. Mindtrixx

Thanks, this gives me a goal.

I doubt I will apply for admin but I'll see what I can work on to end those doubts in time.
  8. PistolPete

I earnestly think you could hold this type of position, and do it well, but I believe you need development first.

A look at the bigger picture of the game as an admin would be an excellent opportunity for you to grow.
    Saint Vicious and Mindtrixx like this.
  9. PistolPete

Having asked Wellington this, I feel it's only fair to ask the other candidates.

10. Mindtrixx

1. I'd like LLA to remain close-knit. Everyone kind of knows each other and I really like that aspect here, so I'd be cautious not to spoil that if ever I feel it necessary to 'expand'. I think encouragement and transparency go hand in hand and in some places its really needed. Its a problem when people are arguing over things that are entirely wrong.

So I'd try to remain the same size while working towards a happier working environment for our volunteers.

2. I'm honestly the type to focus on the little things before taking on the large ambitious projects. With the little things out of the way you have a clear goal while the community feels alive with constant updates. This I feel also helps build trust when you announce big projects in the works, you've shown that you ARE working and putting out these projects and I feel it'd ease tension a lot with coders/community members.

I hope I answered those questions.