MetaBox

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flavo, Nov 5, 2014.

1. I do appreciate the loving references. It's like Where's Waldo.
  2. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

It's definitely better than original Meta.

In regards to the security office: I like the fact that there's that separate little equipment room like in Meta. However, it is far, far too cramped. Give it another tile of width and you're good to go. Relatively minor complaint, but in a security zone, one tile hallways, however small, are a huge no-no.
  3. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Yeah that sec equipment room is WAY TOO SMALLLLL.
    Add more lockers to it too, and make sure those lockers have stun batons.
    The perseus shuttle dock needs a camera. The execution room too.

Delete those random grilles in maint as well.

Where am I in that big picture?
  4. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

gibbed
  5. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Well thanks :(
  6. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

I see i am not welcome there :c
  7. WellingtonTheThird

WellingtonTheThird Well-Known Member

All regulars not featured on the map exist elsewhere off-screen.

My heart.
  8. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Listen up a important change i will also list in the changelog, normally when you enter maint and open up a crate or locker you will find a item there and it will be consistent every round. this wont be the case anymore on metabox. the contents of tables, lockers, crates, and racks will spawn "randomly". so the sweet insulated gloves and toolbelts you would normally find in maint will be in different places every round (if your unlucky, nowhere at all). Some people might not like this change but i assure you this means we can start throwing rare stuff into maint.... more rare then finding a insulated glove on the ground...

I guess this means we might be seeing assistants storm maint to find what kind of round-specific loot they can find.. or maybe even claim the rare trophies that will spawn.
  9. I hate this. Borderline griefers can just steal whatever they want and then pretend that they found it in maint when they get arrested and bitch and moan about it getting confiscated. This will make griefing easier and playing sec harder.

It will also make maint areas ironically some of the busiest on the station and will make stealth dynamics very bizarre.
  10. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome. Would you mind sharing how you did this?
  11. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

We specifically chose some of the gear with that in mind.
  12. You deliberately intended to enable grief and punish security players who want to do a good job? Well, at least you're honest.
  13. Mabblies

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought he meant they chose gear that is unique? Maybe I am wrong. If it is a bunch of harmful stuff, or stuff that is usually stolen (syringe gun etc), I won't like it, but harmless fun stuff is awesome

Edited because I wrote the post sloppily
  14. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Solution: Add "Dusty" adjective to rare items found in maint
  15. NoFaceMan

NoFaceMan Guest

Do on that fun items will be old sec armor?
  16. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

This. As an example, i specifically requested 1 item be replaced with something else to make sure no one accused the person of stealing it from sec.
  17. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

Seriously I am not in the map image? Not even as ghost? NOT EVEN AS A POSTER? I have been observing those pesky maps for 1 year as the Observer and nothing... I am leaving, Thats it. RIP The Observer, RIP Eluxor, RIP Eyuzor, RIP Erpxor.

[​IMG]
    Flatoftheblade likes this.
  18. I "like" not due to the idea of you leaving, but to sympathize with your hurt feelings. <3
  19. Mabblies

HEY I'M NOT IN THERE EITHER! oh wait I am not nearly as regular as eluxor flat or cody either...
  20. I'm in there. The sec officer beside the HoS in the brig is Gregory Stevens.