Memories (Ramble Thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by PoliticalPikachu, Feb 6, 2017.

1. PoliticalPikachu

PoliticalPikachu Well-Known Member

Hello guys,
    It's been a long time since I last spoke here and I know some of you will remember me and a lot will have heard the name. I curiously typed the URL of this forum back into my address bar to find it still up after all these years. I am still a part of a discord chat with some old players called the Evil Villain League and a part of me was thinking back to where it all started, out of the blue, and it all comes back to here. LS13, this forum, and even before it.

I remember first joining LS13. We had a very blue design for the old forum. Very plain and would probably have aged very badly if we could still see it today. I signed up to this forum on pretty much the first day (IIRC) it went live and I registered becoming the 10th registered user of this forum back on December 5th 2012. Just realising how much time has passed since this forum was created.. 4 years and 2 months is scary in a sense because a lot of it feels like it was only yesterday. But to think I was a part of LLA and LS13 before that on the old forum and in-game, is just as eye-opening.

Wanted to say that I am really impressed with how far the forum has come and how pretty it looks. How much the community has grown is another congratulations.

Just wanted to quickly give a shoutout to some old friends and thank them for these many many years of memories.

Benblu
    Wellington
    Legato_Frio
    Kainen
    Wrecker013

So @Benblu @WellingtonTheThird @Legato_frio @Kainen @Wrecker013
    I know most you won't see this as you're no longer active members but I've put this here as a sort of tribute and a thank you. I speak to you all regularly but none of you are in the same chat at the same time so here feels the best place to say something like this. Mainly because I wanted to put it into words or a ramble where I could organize my thoughts so I don't expect anybody to read this and think where did this come from because I just wanted somewhere to organize these feelings and put pen to paper figuratively speaking.
    Legato_frio and LoneWolfSyndrome like this.
  2. Flavo

Flavo Well-Known Member

Idk who wrecker is, and I dont have contact with kainen I dont think... But i pointed the other ones mentioned, here.. so its likely they will see it :p.
    PoliticalPikachu likes this.
  3. Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze Head Coder Staff Member

>Doesn't shout out to his favorite dinosaur
    *runs away crying*
  4. PunishedJag

PunishedJag New Member

It is always stunning to reflect on how many grains of sand have tumbled down the hourglass. Cheers Mint! Long live EVL.
  5. Mabblies

Mabblies Well-Known Member

Cheers mate. @PunishedJag it really is crazy to think back and remember all the people that were once a part of the community, isn't it.
  6. Kainen

Kainen Fabulous-min

Thanks for the shoutout Minty <3

If you need to contact me, I'm <oh great it doesn't freakin' work.> #6783 on Discord. To type my name out, go to http://qaz.wtf/u/convert.cgi and type ,Ashley~
  7. PoliticalPikachu

I'm sorry Raptor :( You are my favourite dinosaur and I miss speaking to you. We never speak anymore :(

This was mainly a shoutout to old friends who have kept in contact with me to show how much I appreciate them still talking to me and making me feel a proper life-long friend.

There were many other lovely people I have met over the years here but I wanted to mainly give a shoutout to them specific names because they still speak to me like nothing has changed over all these years I'm a part of these people's personal communities if you like instead of the big community of LLA.

But I really want to thank everyone who has made me treasure the time I have spent :) Not just on here but also previously in-game when I was a seniormin. There were people who disliked me but it was the people who appreciated what I did that made it always worth coming back to and helping out when and where I can. So thank you so much because these memories will be with me forever <3

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    This one for anyone who is curious.
    And it should look like this
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Legato_frio likes this.
  8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

You're one of the oldest oldbies I know. Good to see you pop in for a minute.
    PoliticalPikachu and Legato_frio like this.
  9. PoliticalPikachu

Hey you're not young yourself. Heh just kidding. Thanks. I'm never too far away. I am still politicalpikachu on discord which I'm never far from plus being part of EVL on discord means I still converse with old community members. I suppose as you grow up you realise there's more to life than SS13 I'm afraid. I have gone from a school-going fun-loving teenager upon my first arrival to LS13 to a full time working adult with my own apartment to run and things to keep on top of in the present. So to say I've aged would be an understatement but also a testament to the amount of years I've been part of this community.

So hold your glasses high and let's toast to the many many more years of life's journey ahead of us all.
    Legato_frio and RebelAmerica like this.
  10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I dropped the Rhonan and Inmate handles on most things, so now I'm just Devon on discord. If you're ever bored, shoot me a message! We've all grown since the old days. I can't believe I was a cringe-worthy 13-14 year old when I started.

Congratulations on keeping on top of your life. It is certainly a juggling act, I know! However, at this rate will all be senile old folks with some stability and memberships to various online communities in no time.
  11. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

Thank you for the post, I've taken a while to decide if I wanted to break my Silent Lurking to reply. :p
    PoliticalPikachu and Devon like this.
  12. PoliticalPikachu

:p You're very welcome, Frio.

I have enjoyed your company on several occasions. Do you remember our chess game and the logical fallacy debates we had?
    Not to mention you have an awesome house that I've had the pleasure of being given a video cam tour of lol.