Looking for voice-actors for SS13 Youtube Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocco Ward, May 14, 2013.

1. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

I have a pretty good voice and I normally play as the hos and everything about me is hard ass. Also you don't need to pay me.
    kadingir likes this.
  2. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

More Fancy Screenshots:

Changeling
    Cyborgs

I am preparing to build RIGs for some of the different characters models that can be used interchangeably. The facial aspects like hair, beards, mustaches are more complicated. Everyone who has shown some interest in voice acting needs to PM me within a week or two with just a small voice sample saying whatever you like. (a few sentences, keep it brief ~1 minute)

While I appreciate the offer Snow I'm going to have to decline so...

[​IMG]

*Note - I will not be accepting everyone as a voice-actor (I wish I could!) as there needs to be a wide range of voices. If voices are too similar then it will cause problems, so I may turn down a few people.

Also in the USA tax returns are coming so I'm expecting to get a good chunk of cash. For funds the plan is to use paypal for the payment method and a small-license agreement that makes everyone a type of contractor. (obviously this won't be a full-time job type of gig)
  3. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Rocco I don't have my PC for right now but just go check my youtube page. I am honestly just excited to be part of this.
  4. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

You always need a deep voiced british man, like in everything ever. for free.
    Flavo likes this.
  5. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

I-I uh...sound weird...but I'd be happy to do things for free. No need to pay! Yes! Very much!
    I-if you want to use me...I mean...I MEAN MY VOICE.
    Nat_Mortland and Kegsey like this.
  6. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

If ya need that rough soundin' black guy voice I shall heed the call.
  7. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

you are black?
  8. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

Let us not get off-topic.

But yes I am black half the time. *wink**wink**nudge*
  9. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

No really are you black?
  10. Black Jack

Black Jack LS13 Admin

Bi-racial is a thing, which is what I am.
    Obadiah Mayland likes this.
  11. Obadiah Mayland

Obadiah Mayland Well-Known Member

So straightforward Snow, HAVE YOU NO ETIQUETTE?
  12. Maldenser

Maldenser Member

my PC doesn't get back from the shop until he 29th but I would love to audition once it's fixed!

I have prior experience in multiple (cancelled) animations.

I can do multiple voices, I have a wide range and I can do the following accents; British, Russian, Irish.
  13. LLA Don Zombie

LLA Don Zombie The Don Staff Member

Not to shit on any parade, but make sure you are observing all legalise. If you are paying people you need to make sure you are doing it legally by drawing up agreement contracts (assuming voice actors are paid as contractors) and observing tax laws appropriately. There are lots of indi film projects that handle money without issue, its worth it to do some research into how they handle compensation in a way that's not under the table.

Also, this looks really cool and I plan to follow it eagerly.
    Flatoftheblade and Rocco Ward like this.
  14. Rocco Ward

Oh I'm very aware. I have already done a bit of research into different types of voice-acting contracts and many of them are treated like independent contractors. I do appreciate the concern though.

Heck yeah! Now I can't wait to be finished with my teaser trailer already.

And for everyone else, if you need a simple way to record your voice this is a really good resource. So far after hearing Snow's voice he is now onboard the team. I'm still waiting for other people to send me stuff, but in the meantime I am still trying to finish building props, skins, mobs, and scenes. I should have the teaser trailer out by the early March. Like I've said before, I won't actually start voice-recording until a few months from now once all the objects are built and the scripts for the episodes are finalized.
  15. Rocco Ward

Some good news to report!

The trailer is about halfway finished. Once a few of the more difficult scenes are finished the rest should be smooth sailing. I've managed to build a lot more props and skins since the last post. There are some good character RIGs and scene locations as well. Once everything is finished it will be the next youtube sensation since pewdiepie... maybe heh.

While the trailer is being completed, I've been adding different skits to the script for the episodes. There is a lot of planned comedy upcoming so don't forget to bring popcorn.

Also got a few more people helping me out behind the scenes. One of which is Devon from the forums. He is going to edit the script for the episodes once the final draft is ready. For now though everything is slowly coming together.

I will keep you guys posted with updates!!!
  16. Rekiin

Rekiin Active Member

Blue Snowball Microphone, I'd love to do some voice acting Rocco!
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  17. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see this project grow!
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  18. Eighty8

Eighty8 Well-Known Member

positions still open and for how long?
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  19. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

As said before my services are still available. Deep voiced British male and I can do about 3 voices :D
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  20. Rocco Ward

Some positions are still open for voice actors. I can't say for certain how long, but a few people have been decided on. Once the script(s) have seen a little more progress I will let everyone know.