Looking for voice-actors for SS13 Youtube Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocco Ward, May 14, 2013.

1. CannibalCrow

CannibalCrow LS13 Admin Staff Member

I... I'm just.. I don't even..
  2. PepsiBlueFan

PepsiBlueFan Active Member

Well, you are in luck. Lately I have been practicing to do voice acting. I have a decent mic, and I am learning vocal exorcises and experimenting with different voices. My upper register still needs practice, but I believe I can do well with the more deeper voices. I am really interested, I need something to get started. If you are interested just let me know. :)
  3. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

4. zt107

zt107 Well-Known Member

That is beautiful... This will be the R. v. B. of SS13.
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  5. PepsiBlueFan

PepsiBlueFan Active Member

Wow, that modeling is amazing. Almost looks like a game in of itself. o_o
  6. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

ok truth time when is it coming out and i wanna see a script.

rocco you make me excited for this itll be like Leet World.
  7. Rocco Ward

Leet World? (googles it) Lol, maybe. A script is in the process of being made but my first priority is to finish the intro-video first.

In other news: I have a programming deadline that I need to finish over the next several days so progress will be temporary halted... I will have more updates soon after, the captain scene is almost ready to shoot, just need to do air alarms and a few scenery touch-ups.

:cool:
  8. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

Leet world. It was an old Counter-strike show thing, it was amazing. It was like T vs CT in a reality-like-show, it was good to watch.

But still, g'luck with the programming thingy, we're not going anywhere lol.
  9. Rocco Ward

I know it's been too long, but I have some new updates on this. A while back my computer suffered a hardrive crash and I lost nearly all my data. Well I've decided to give it another go!

Coming soon in 2015...

http://imgur.com/H1J85CL

Edit - that picture was taken from my phone of my laptops screen so it's pretty low quality. (Without Internet atm)
    Eluxor, General_Battier and Kegsey like this.
  10. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

11. Rocco Ward

Why the sad face?

Also I just finished modeling the engiborg and secborg. Janiborg is in progress right now!
  12. JPR

JPR Well-Known Member

How will you do this? SS13 doesn't use voice? :)
  13. Chillyspace422

Chillyspace422 Well-Known Member

When IS THIS HAPPENING!?
  14. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

Show me a video mang
  15. Rocco Ward

It's an animated cartoon, voice insertion won't be too difficult.

Have patience young grasshoppahz!! I will be releasing screenshots of the models as they are made. I cannot make the animation without the models first.

The breakdown of the work order is such:

Build models for scene (cameras, airlocks, disposals, props, etc.)
    Build mob RIGs ( unique mob models)
    Scriptwrite/design scenes
    Refurbish map spot for scene (lighting, add in props, textures)
    Animate scene (control movement, and action events)
    Setup camera angles/video editing
    Add in voice
    Record scene in HD

I am putting out a rough estimate of a few months before I need voice actors to record the episodes while everything else is being setup/built. Although a teaser video should be ready in approximately one month.
  16. Kegsey

Kegsey LS13 Admin

If you need an up-beat deep-ish voiced british man to talk for you, I'm free tonight my time (23:00pm GMT+0000)
  17. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

If you need a man with a southern accent or my voice I certainly have the equipment.
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  18. Rocco Ward

So a big announcement regarding this project - I have decided I'm going to be throwing money into this out of my own pocket. I see this as a good opportunity to do something I feel passionate about, and that also has the potential to become really popular. So I'm going to take a risk and work on this as if it were an job investment. I've already devoted a large amount of time into this and the thought of commercializing never ran across my mind until recently. If I accept any kind of volunteer work it could complicate things so...

Officially if you want a spot on the roster (voice actor, script writer) you will be getting paid for your time. Keep in mind that I am working with a small budget ($1000-$2000) so don't expect to become a millionare just yet! ;)

With that said what I am looking for right now:

6-8 male voice actors
    2-4 female voice actors
    2 assistant script writers

If you become a voice actor then congrats because your character will become part of the series, which means he/she will get a custom character RIG based off of your SS13 character sprite!!!
  19. Eluxor

Eluxor No one

10/10 would be a mexican janitor that appears everyround to say a phrase and leaves into the void.
  20. Kneeskeysllama

Kneeskeysllama Well-Known Member

Sure, why not!
    I don't mind doing a thing!! But I'm not sure if my mic is best quality or if my voice would be what you're looking for...