Looking for voice-actors for SS13 Youtube Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocco Ward, May 14, 2013.

1. Rocco Ward

Rocco Ward Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I've been working on a project off & on for a long time and it's finally getting close to reaching it's potential. The details: A while back I was trying to setup a SS13 Minecraft Mod with a few other people. I had spent a loooooong time building the goonstation Donut 2.0 map and converting the SS13 sprites to x16 (which wasn't just c/p, they all had to be retextured) The goal was going to be a complete conversion of SS13 using Minecraft as the game engine. But long story short - the project fell apart. Other people involved in the project quit, and this had a domino effect on other team members. Without coders and spriters, the workload was just too much to handle...

But time has passed, and I've been looking to do something with the progress that was made and put it to good use. After watching minecraft animation videos, and then dabbling around in animation software, I think I've figured out a fresh start for the project.

Introducing. The.

Minecraft - SS13 Video Series

What is it you ask?!? SS13 in Minecraft. Specifically - a Minecraft animation of a regular round of gameplay aboard SS13. The aim: First season - 3 episodes, each ten minutes long, with about ten crew, meant to simulate a small pop round, with the shuttle getting called 20 mins into the round. (ie. end of episode 2)

I do plan to include simulating things like - OOC, ghost chatter, the gods (admins), centcomm (admins again), and the sorts. Needless to say, I think it will turn out good if done correctly.

I'm definitely going to be needing some people to fill in for the voices once I get the animations made, and that's what this thread is for.

To be eligible:
    • You must have good voice recording equipment
    Not required but additional bonus:
    • If you have any prior experience with voice-acting
    • You can do multiple accents
    • You can do different voices (original voices - not yoda, etc.)
    If you are interested, drop a comment below & I will want to hear a small sample of a voice recording which will be discussed through PM. I'm still working on building a lot of the props & scenery, but once that's over with the next step will be to stage and record the animations, during this phase I will have all voice-actor(s) start recording their dialogue. So to clarify - AT THIS TIME - I'm just looking to see who's interested.

Some ways of compensating voice actors:
    • Name your own character (I can add custom rigs - facial stuff - beard, hair, etc. also if you want to skin your character your character the only thing I will allow is the face, B/C everything below is considered a "jumpsuit" that the characters will be wearing)
    • Fame and Glory (aka - Name in Credits Whoopie!)
    • Or if you have some other way you want to be compensated I am willing to negotiate (within reason)
    Right now I'm focusing on making a kickass intro video before I start the episodes. I won't spoil it here, but it's going to be awesome. Luckily with the way the intro video is being done, it will require no voice-acting. :p

Last but not least - SCREENSHOTS:
    1 - Wizard Mob (with props)
    2 - Clown Mob (with props)
    3 - Naked Mob (with misc. props)
    4 - Locations
  2. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

where can i watch this show and if their is only one episode ill be pissed.
  3. Rocco Ward

Youtube, and there will definitely be more than one episode. :p
  4. Snow5445

Snow5445 Guest

ooh great youtube ill easily be able to find it with that.

How many youtube videos are their only like 9 or 10 right

But really what channel so i can go subscribe while im watching other LP's
  5. Rocco Ward

More details on that when it's time, until then - stay tuned!
  6. I wanted to see a minecraft SS13 doe..
  7. Cody522

Cody522 Well-Known Member

Oh this is cool. What kind of voices do you want?
    QuantumWings likes this.
  8. Rocco Ward

Well really, any type is fine, just as long as it's not from previous characters from movies or shows. As long as you have access to a good quality mic and are able to commit to reading dialogue, then that's all I'm really looking for.

In other news:

Just finished scene with the clown.
    Made a skin for the captain.
    Made new prop: Captain's helmet

Currently working on eguns, facial hair for captain, and then setup captains quarters area and next scene will be shot. :) ALSO - I've decided that I'm going to name the station - Liberty Station (insert # here). Every new round - just give it a different number, but keep the main name the same. :p
  9. Mythra Red

Mythra Red Active Member

If you need any female voices Id love to help! Ive done some voice work for friends LP's and such.
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  10. Narwhal Jones

Narwhal Jones LS13 Admin

Sure, I can give this a go. My microphone is rather decent if I say so myself, and it's something to occupy myself with. Shoot me a pm with whatever you want read, I'll get it sent to you.
  11. Killerone2

Killerone2 Active Member

Season 2 mime reporting in!
  12. Rocco Ward

Both good to hear! Like I said though in OP, first I need to setup some basic props and make an intro video before casting for the series begins. Once that is done, I will send you both PM's, but I'm hoping/expecting to be ready in about a month or so.

In the meantime progress!

[​IMG]
  13. Psycho

Psycho Community Manager Staff Member

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck with this project. You definitely have LLA's support on this.

Cheers.
  14. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

Dude, I have 45% of the current map of ss13 built on minecraft. I built it to the exact ratio block by block. When its finished I may host it to the LLA community. I would love the chairs you have though, Quartz chairs just don't look right.

P.S. If anyone wants to join Herocraft server use me as a referral. I am frio937
  15. Rocco Ward

Which map are you talking about? /tg/? The one I'm using is Donut 2.0 and the ratio is x3 (one tile = 3x3)

And the chairs above are modeled, there is no way I know off (except maybe modding) to get them into Minecraft.
  16. Legato_frio

Legato_frio Public Relations

The /tg/ map. I am also using a Mod called galactic pack and the map is actually in space. There is a mod that handles oxygen and such. I am currently figuring out how to get SS13 atmos working on the /tg/ map I am making.
    These are pictures from my first day on the project a lot has changed but I don't feel like taking new pictures.
    http://screencast.com/t/Qo8rvoBg
    http://screencast.com/t/tcGBsFar9
    Rocco Ward likes this.
  17. Mythra Red

Mythra Red Active Member

BTW, I do a really good Milk Chan
    and
    Om Ma Gawww
  18. Carl Rifter

Carl Rifter BANNED

Yeah, more like this.

[​IMG]
  19. Mythra Red

Mythra Red Active Member

*LIES!!!!!!!!!!

I was a dragon in Carl's LP Mount and Blade serries! What kind of dragon you ask?

20. Carl Rifter

Carl Rifter BANNED

Oh my god, I completely forgot about that.